Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #1

Smile Martin DRS1 vs taylor 210e vs takamine EF340SCGN

Hello everyone, as you see in the title I want to know which one would you choose, I'm soon buying a new guitar and I don't know which one to buy, here are the guitars:

-Martin DRS1(699$)
-taylor 210e(799$)
-takamine EF340SCGN(799$)

As I'm a left hand player, the choices range are very small, so which one do would you choose? thank you.

JeSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSe View Post
-Martin DRS1(699$)
-taylor 210e(799$)

As I'm a left hand player, the choices range are very small, so which one do would you choose? thank you.
Which one do you like the most?
daddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
...more machine than man.

Can't speak for the martin, but I've had recent experience with both the taylor and the tak.

One of my students was playing a Taylor 210e, wanted to trade up. Nothing really wrong with the Taylor, it's a nice guitar and has that Taylor top-end sound that some love and others hate. He just wanted something warmer.

We went to GC to see what they had and the showed him the tak because it was in his price range. The Tak was a darn nice guitar. Seriously warm tone, nice projection. The satin finish bothers me, it can get dinged up pretty easily. Electronics were pretty standard...tuner, EQ. Tak electronics I don't fully understand...they're so huge and ugly. But, they work fine, and they're interchangeable. Also came with a case.

Actually, ended up going with a seagull, but the tak was really nice. He couldn't have gone wrong if he had picked it. If I were in the market in that price range, I would have seriously considered it.

Ultimately though, it comes down to what you like the best.

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSe View Post
Hello everyone, as you see in the title I want to know which one would you choose, I'm soon buying a new guitar and I don't know which one to buy, here are the guitars:

-Martin DRS1(699$)
-taylor 210e(799$)

I would have to play them all and see which one works the best in my hands. I've played each of those models (or a model close to them) and I don't think any would be a wrong choice.
That said, I play a Seagull.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote