Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > CGR Members' Art, Music & Literature
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #61
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
A middle-aged scholar/poet is walking in the woods and finds a trail. After following it for a bit he comes across an old well. He thinks he hears a voice deep in the hollows of the well, and so he decides to go down into it. Oh, and he has a bag that seems to be able to hold an infinite amount of stuff.

Yep...

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #62
Be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash View Post
A middle-aged scholar/poet is walking in the woods and finds a trail. After following it for a bit he comes across an old well. He thinks he hears a voice deep in the hollows of the well, and so he decides to go down into it. Oh, and he has a bag that seems to be able to hold an infinite amount of stuff.

Yep...
Intriguing.
Unread 09-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #63
Gone

Seventy centuries into the future, an ultra-marathoner believes he's reached the edge of his ability. He recently ran for an All-Worlds Record: 48 hours straight on Catch, an arid planet with 28% higher gravity than earth. The distance: 422 km. The Runner (he's never referred to by name) is always desperate to find a way to increase his ability, and some wonder if he has already received cybernetic enhancements. Now The Runner is considering just this sort of procedure, and has planned a trip to New Asgard, a 227 light-year journey expected to take 4 months each way (subjective), just to consult with the leading artificial surgeon in the Diaspora.

The problem is that everyone knows exactly why Dr. Bern lives on New Asgard.

It's the capital of the most warlike, volatile empire in human space. Dr. Bern is a master at two things: Improving New Asgard's soldiery and putting them back together when they return from war.

The trip is illegal, dangerous, costly, and (perhaps) stupid. There may be no way to escape the planet. But The Runner doesn't care.

Give thanks to YHWH, for He is good!

Gone
Ted Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #64
Be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by אָהְַרֹן View Post
Seventy centuries into the future, an ultra-marathoner believes he's reached the edge of his ability. He recently ran for an All-Worlds Record: 48 hours straight on Catch, an arid planet with 28% higher gravity than earth. The distance: 422 km. The Runner (he's never referred to by name) is always desperate to find a way to increase his ability, and some wonder if he has already received cybernetic enhancements. Now The Runner is considering just this sort of procedure, and has planned a trip to New Asgard, a 227 light-year journey expected to take 4 months each way (subjective), just to consult with the leading artificial surgeon in the Diaspora.

It's the capital of the most warlike, volatile empire in human space. Dr. Bern is a master at two things: Improving New Asgard's soldiery and putting them back together when they return from war.

The trip is illegal, dangerous, costly, and (perhaps) stupid. There may be no way to escape the planet. But The Runner doesn't care.
Fascinating.
Unread 09-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #65
Beware the Chinchilla's Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by אָהְַרֹן View Post

Best idea yet.

My blog
I'd arrest you if I had handcuffs.
Chinchilla of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #66
Formerly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecockroach View Post
This thread has gotten very strange...

So does anyone else have a preliminary plot... that doesn't involve Baptists?
I have a very, very small piece of a plot.
Unread 09-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #67
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
I had planned on doing this the past two years, but heavy semester loads kept me from it. This year, however, I have no homework and currently have a flexible work schedule. So count me in. I have a couple of rough ideas in my head, but nothing concrete at this point. I have heard of some NaNoWriMo writers taking what they complete and publishing it; I may go about publishing my work if I feel pleased with it at the end of the challenge.

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #68
Be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan88 View Post
I had planned on doing this the past two years, but heavy semester loads kept me from it. This year, however, I have no homework and currently have a flexible work schedule. So count me in. I have a couple of rough ideas in my head, but nothing concrete at this point. I have heard of some NaNoWriMo writers taking what they complete and publishing it; I may go about publishing my work if I feel pleased with it at the end of the challenge.
Woohoo. The more the merrier. Maybe we can even have our own dares thread.
Unread 09-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #69

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
^ I like that idea.

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

Unread 09-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #70
Be happy

Or we can just post dares here.
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #71
Be happy

One month away! In case anyone missed the email and is wondering why the NaNo forums haven't been reset, they said they were going to do it on the 10th this year because of technical difficulties.
Unread 10-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #72

Sweet, I think I must have missed the email. Anywho, I found an old story of mine that is a chapter and a half in--I think I may just re-work it and go with that for NanoWriMo. We'll see.

My Gear:

Unread 10-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #73
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Getting excited.

I WILL finish this year.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #74
Be happy

This always seems to happen right before November. Wrists and arms hurting. Don't wanna do any unnecessary computer work for fear of permanent damage.
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #75
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

I'm not very prepared. But holy crap I'm excited. Goodbye social life... Goodbye sleep... Goodbye sanity... Hello awesomest thing ever.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote