Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Other CGR Stuff > CCM News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #1

Making Some Hymns

June 30, 2011

The Hymn Makers series features the best-known hymns of all time, and calls to mind the magnificent heritage of music found in the Christian church. Kingsway will release three projects in this series simultaneously through EMI CMG Distribution July 12: Hymns of Redemption, Hymns of Discipleship and Hymns of Faithfulness. All the recordings feature 10 hymns with choral vocals and classically styled instrumentation that hearken back to the great choirs that led the worship at the D. L. Moody and the later Billy Graham crusades.

With all three collections drawing together songs of substance that unite around a particular theme:

Hymns of Discipleship features such well-known faith-building classics as “Be Thou My Vision,” “In Christ Alone,” “Onward Christian Soldiers” and “Just As I Am,” “Shine Jesus Shine,” and “Abide With Me.”

Hymns of Faithfulness draws from hymns sung across multiple generations that call attention to God’s unending faithfulness across time itself. The recording includes such timeless anthems as “Great Is Thy Faithfulness,” “Blessed Assurance,” “Love Divine,” and “Rock Of Ages.”

Hymns of Redemption features “When I Survey,” “Here Is Love,” “To God Be The Glory,” “Joy To The World,” and “Amazing Grace,” with each song reflecting on the theme of how Jesus’ death and resurrection has redeemed us.

Last edited by tpeters; 07-12-2011 at 10:28 PM.
tpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
hymns, hymns of discipleship, hymns of faithfulness, hymns of redemption, music