Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
those are no way related to polish, just fyi Ok, if you get that black gloss, get the clear coat from there too. 2 coats would work fine. Although, IMO, if you want the flame, skip the black and go straight to 3 coats of clear. You might not need polish. If you are going to skimp, skip the black stuff. Just fyi, that black is way more temperamental than the clear. 3 coats would give you a very thin finish, but would be sealed feeling and can be polished up.
oh yeah sorry i just kinda switched on u..........

the black idea was just to give the back and sides, and the neck and headstock, a more uniform look, ,,,,,,,,,,,

so there arnt any just over the counter things like that at my local hardware store?

Unread 05-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #77
brock957

First things first. Take the advice of the other guys before mine. They have experiance with this. I don't. I read the thread because I'm about to rebuild a Squier Strat. I have one that was given to me. It plays great. It had a pro set up done on it and has great action and a good neck. It's nicked up and I don't care for the 3 single coil set up. I was just looking at a guitar a guy re did on a jazz forum and fell in love with it. So I've decided to rebuild mine instread of leting it sit around collecting dust. Going to strip it down. Stain it a dark mahogany color. Put 2 humbuckers in it. And a black pick guard. I will either buy the pickups off craigslist or from guitarfetish.com.
I just got a set of Gibson USA 490and498 r and t pickups out of a 1999 Gibson Les Paul off of craigslist for 45.00 US. They are going in the 2006 Aria PE STD I just got.
My thoughts are starting out working on this cheap guitar if I mess up I'm not out anything. It's my learning project. If I like doing it I may use better material to work from on following projects.
This is just my thoughts, and like I said before I don't have the experiance the other guys have doing this. Plus I'll gladly take any advice they have for me too.
Blair
Squire Strat (Being customized, stripped, stained, new electronics)
I prefer cheap electric guitars. Don't care to perpetuate the myth of you need a expencive guitar to sound good.
Be Proud Of Your Cheap Guitar! Don't be a guitar snob.

Last edited by thesteve; 05-05-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Squi-ER!
brock957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock957 View Post
First things first. Take the advice of the other guys before mine. They have experiance with this. I don't. I read the thread because I'm about to rebuild a Squier Strat. I have one that was given to me. It plays great. It had a pro set up done on it and has great action and a good neck. It's nicked up and I don't care for the 3 single coil set up. I was just looking at a guitar a guy re did on a jazz forum and fell in love with it. So I've decided to rebuild mine instread of leting it sit around collecting dust. Going to strip it down. Stain it a dark mahogany color. Put 2 humbuckers in it. And a black pick guard. I will either buy the pickups off craigslist or from guitarfetish.com.
I just got a set of Gibson USA 490and498 r and t pickups out of a 1999 Gibson Les Paul off of craigslist for 45.00 US. They are going in the 2006 Aria PE STD I just got.
My thoughts are starting out working on this cheap guitar if I mess up I'm not out anything. It's my learning project. If I like doing it I may use better material to work from on following projects.
This is just my thoughts, and like I said before I don't have the experiance the other guys have doing this. Plus I'll gladly take any advice they have for me too.
Blair
kewl....yeah that's what this is, just a learning experience .....

i have a black squier strat with two hums in it......kewl haha

Last edited by thesteve; 05-05-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Squi-ER!
fenderboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guitar build