Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #16
Registered User
 
fenderboss7's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis4 View Post
Snare: Ambassador coated

Toms: Remo Renaissance, or ambassador clear

Bass: Aquarian Super Kick I or II

I typically don't use any extra dampening, unless it's a piece of duct tape on the snare
how does the duct tape work 4 u?

__________________
i ask questions....
fenderboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #17
Okagesama de genki desu
 
metropolis4's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Aurora, Not just a place...
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderboss7 View Post
how does the duct tape work 4 u?
Works great. I've never used anything else (except maxi-pads). It's cheap, it stays where I put it, I can easily control how much of it I use and place it exactly where I want it on the drum. I never liked the o-ring style things. I felt like they dampen the drum too much, and I can't control them; they are what they are. I would rather use something I have more control over.
__________________
Is bold the right word?
metropolis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #18
Registered User
 
fenderboss7's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis4 View Post
Works great. I've never used anything else (except maxi-pads). It's cheap, it stays where I put it, I can easily control how much of it I use and place it exactly where I want it on the drum. I never liked the o-ring style things. I felt like they dampen the drum too much, and I can't control them; they are what they are. I would rather use something I have more control over.
is the duct tape like a one time thing, like once u put it on, that's where it will stay?
__________________
i ask questions....
fenderboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #19
Okagesama de genki desu
 
metropolis4's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Aurora, Not just a place...
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderboss7 View Post
is the duct tape like a one time thing, like once u put it on, that's where it will stay?
It depends. If I like the way it sounds, there's no need to change it. But it's easy to take off if I need to.
If you need something easier to remove you could always do what Ringo used to do: take out your wallet and put it on the drum
__________________
Is bold the right word?
metropolis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #20
Registered User
 
fenderboss7's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis4 View Post
It depends. If I like the way it sounds, there's no need to change it. But it's easy to take off if I need to.
If you need something easier to remove you could always do what Ringo used to do: take out your wallet and put it on the drum
what do u think of moongels?
__________________
i ask questions....
fenderboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #21
Okagesama de genki desu
 
metropolis4's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Aurora, Not just a place...
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderboss7 View Post
what do u think of moongels?
They're fine, duct tape is just cheaper and easier for me. I can always find a roll laying around somewhere. Moongels also lose their "gel" after a while and no longer stay where you want them to. At least that was the experience I had with them.
__________________
Is bold the right word?
metropolis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #22
Registered User
 
fenderboss7's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis4 View Post
They're fine, duct tape is just cheaper and easier for me. I can always find a roll laying around somewhere. Moongels also lose their "gel" after a while and no longer stay where you want them to. At least that was the experience I had with them.
how well do u think they keep the "tone" of the drum?
__________________
i ask questions....
fenderboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #23
Okagesama de genki desu
 
metropolis4's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Aurora, Not just a place...
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderboss7 View Post
how well do u think they keep the "tone" of the drum?
What do you mean?
__________________
Is bold the right word?
metropolis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #24
Registered User
 
fenderboss7's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 157
like what u said about the o rings...........no control or something
__________________
i ask questions....
fenderboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #25
Arnold Palmers FTW
 
jamforchrist123's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Anderson, IN
Posts: 4,453
Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
I think what he means is that O-Rings are an all-or-nothing fix. You either like it and use the ring for how much dampening it gives you, or you don't like it and don't use it. With duct tape you can control exactly how much overtone reduction you have, and where on the head it goes. With the O-Ring you have no control.

For me the O-Rings work great, but for some they don't. I personally don't like putting tape on my heads, but it's all just different opinions.
jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2