Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
Semper ubi sub ubi!

Picked up a Fender open switch at George's Music this evening. Now I just need to go shopping for some Rs & Cs to do the Greasebucket. Fortunately the praise team is playing an acoustic set this week, so I don't have to scramble with the Strat.

Come to think of it, our Easter set will require my LP, so I'll have a couple of weeks to get the Strat into shape.

1/2
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #17
Tired of being attacked

I just like the open type switches. Personally, the Fender ones off of ebay have served me well, so I think you made the right choice.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #18

Huh. I find myself almost never using positions 2 and 4, so my mod would be to go to a 3-way switch.

The only tone control I'd have would be for the middle PUP. It allows me to emulate an acoustic: I get a clean channel dialed in, go to the middle PUP (SD Quarter Pound for Strat), and roll the tone to a 5 or so. That gets me by in a pinch. Otherwise, I'm position 1-neck (SD 'Lil 59) or position 5-bridge (SD JB Jr.) rockin' hard.

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdOgE5k1X0w

Our Ivy League schools teach that morality is relative. And then when the graduates practice on Wall Street what we teach them in class, we put them behind bars. - (Ravi Zacharias paraphrased)

Born to die. Born again to live.

In the quest for historically accurate musings of great men, no creation has bestowed more frustration upon its creator than the internet. Thomas Jefferson (1877)
mikegug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #19

stick with fender 5ways,the cheap imports crackle when switching over time.however you may need to get a proper diagram for wiring it up,depends on the switch.
Mummbles is offline   Reply With Quote