Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Site Issues & Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
New Guitar Player

Unhappy *REQUEST* better tabs (not notepad stuff)

i really hate the tab that is just done in notepad it isn't as easy to read as stuff that is done with computer programs. I know there is a section in the forums for that but it isn't as easy to navigate as the tab on the actual site

StevenMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
Gone

That would be a really great project for you - whenever you come here for a tab, you could take it and put it in powertab or something. Cool idea!

If you don't have the time to do it, then probably no one else does, either But I agree that it's easier to read them when they're put into programs.

Give thanks to YHWH, for He is good!

Gone
Ted Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
New Guitar Player

Unhappy

yeah, they do have the forum section for that, but it doesn't have near as many songs there

-and i do have enough of time to do that
StevenMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #4

Ted, you're a mod; maybe you could make a motion for this? Say, adding the Power Tabs and Guitar Pro Tabs into the database and not just the forums?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlmouth View Post
I wouldn't wish CPF on my greatest enemy.
6strings21frets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6strings21frets View Post
Ted, you're a mod; maybe you could make a motion for this? Say, adding the Power Tabs and Guitar Pro Tabs into the database and not just the forums?
Doesn't work like that, the Admins are the only ones who get a say in that and that is largely a legal and storage /bandwidth issue. The thing is, this site is 10 years old this year, and a lot of those tabs are well... 10 years old... in 2001 PTE and Guitar Pro were either budding or didn't exist.

Not only that but tabs, especially powertabs, are time consuming, AND all the work is done by volunteers.

And then there's the issue of losing every PTE file (as well as all other hosted files) on the site Pre 2007 or 8 whenever the big hack was...

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
Gone

Hold on, hold on, hold on.

Ax, you may not know this, but I'm kind of a big deal. I am half of an incredibly famous pair from a classic 80s buddy film. And while Ted may have gone on to be Neo, Bill has gone on to be an Admin...

...evidence A -
...evidence B - nonbelievers aren't allowed to post in Theology

The power of my influence is serious.[/self aggrandizement]

Anyway, Ax is right. The Site Issues and Concerns forum is the forum for this sort of request. Even a Mod would put their request here rather than in the Moderator's Forum, since the Mod Forum is mostly a place for mods to get advice and help in their moderator duties.

LOL @ tabbing in 2001. Anyone remember the old OLGA? I downloaded tons of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin tabs from OLGA in the late 90s and printed them out on my dot-matrix printer. It took forever and sounded like a robot dragging its nails across a chalk board.

Give thanks to YHWH, for He is good!

Gone
Ted Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Logan View Post
Hold on, hold on, hold on.

Ax, you may not know this, but I'm kind of a big deal. I am half of an incredibly famous pair from a classic 80s buddy film. And while Ted may have gone on to be Neo, Bill has gone on to be an Admin...

...evidence A -
...evidence B - nonbelievers aren't allowed to post in Theology

The power of my influence is serious.[/self aggrandizement]

Anyway, Ax is right. The Site Issues and Concerns forum is the forum for this sort of request. Even a Mod would put their request here rather than in the Moderator's Forum, since the Mod Forum is mostly a place for mods to get advice and help in their moderator duties.

LOL @ tabbing in 2001. Anyone remember the old OLGA? I downloaded tons of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin tabs from OLGA in the late 90s and printed them out on my dot-matrix printer. It took forever and sounded like a robot dragging its nails across a chalk board.
Has Been.

Heckz yeah! OLGA was the stuff! I think I still have some old notepad files with poorly done Lynyrd Skynyrd tabs saved around here somewhere. I had a big binder full of tabs I printed off from it.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None