Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #1

Singing While Sitting

Due to lots of homework from college, I find the only time I really have to practice any sort of music is when I practice singing on the drive to and from school. I always warm up before singing, yet I find my voice wearing out quite quickly and even hurting occasionally, which I know means I'm doing something wrong. I do the same warm-ups at home and my voice feels a lot more free, and 'happy'. When I stand up to sing at home, I can go for a lot longer, and when I start getting tired, it's more of a healthy tired like after a good workout rather than the "Ow my throat hurts, I need to stop" that I'm getting in my car. I'd love to practice at home, standing up, but like I said, I really just don't have the time for it. What kind of things can I do to make sure my technique is still good when I'm singing in the car? I'm 99% sure bad technique, most likely too much tension, is my problem.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Even if there is only one possible unified theory, it is just a set of rules and equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe? The usual approach of science of constructing a mathematical model cannot answer the questions of why there should be a universe for the model to describe. - Stephen Hawking
crazymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links