Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Theology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #31

I sometimes forget that in discussions like the one here how futile it can be to have have a battle of wits with a 16 year old.I guess I always assume the other person on the other side of the discussion is a mature adult...Silly me.

Sponsored Links
Unread 01-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #32
Art
Superfly.

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 John 3:22-24 View Post
He was NOT afraid to dis him! Whoever taught you this you stop teaching asap.

He already kicked him out of Heaven and I'm guessing forcefully since it was a war. Dont go telling this to people, especially unbelievers because its a lie.
So far, you have not used scripture to back up anything you have said. Those who disagree with you have. If you have no basis in scripture, you have no basis. Please, prove it from scripture.
Unread 01-26-2011, 02:15 AM   #33
Art
Superfly.

paid
Quote:
Rev 12:7-9

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Are you still on page one? lol
Okay, man. Believe me, I know how bad the temptation is to use sarcasm, but what you are doing is rude. It is hurting your argument, not helping it. We are trying to have a serious discussion with you, but you keep throwing barbs and reducing everything to jokes and sarcasm. For your own sake, please stop.

As for your comment, no, I've read the entire bible cover to cover thrice, and continue to read daily. I studied theology at a Bible college, and have been a Christian for almost as long as you've been alive. Your condescension is not only unwarranted, but unappreciated.

And in this, you helped prove my point. This is the first time in this thread that you have actually quoted scripture, and what you quoted has absolutely no relevance to the disagreement we are having. Please support your argument with scripture.
Unread 01-26-2011, 03:13 AM   #34
blessed beyond reason

You didn't think it was necessary to mention Jesus? Just whose power are you relying on to beat "Lucy?" If it's your own strength and authority ( and that's how you come across) you will be beaten. Satan and his troops are far superior to you in every way imaginable. It is ONLY the shed blood and resurrection of Jesus; and His adoption of you that gives you victory. You are overly proud and that is the Satan's sin. So he's already gotten you in cahoots with him without any effort at all. He's a deceiver and you can't even see that you're deceived.
Unread 01-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #35
not so bright

Quote:
Well, temptation wont hurt you unless YOU fall to it and YOU oppress yourself. The reason for not fleeing is because he wasn't supposed to.
Really? Was Job oppressing himself?

Quote:
You made it sound like he can come and kick you in the nads. Physically.
Again...Job. He had some pretty physical things happen to him and they were all delivered, first hand, from Satan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenwatt
I'd be interested to see some doctrine that supports challenging/insulting/provoking Satan. What, exactly, is being said here that is false doctrine (other than using a Ouija Board, to provoke Satan to manifest himself, as a ministry tool)?
You've still never provided scripture to show us where it's a good idea to antagonize Satan. That relates directly to your first statements here. We provided scripture and examples of why it IS a BAD idea.

It's not that he deserves respect or our adoration. It's that he is a force that is MUCH more powerful than we are on our own. It's ONLY by the grace of God he can be defeated. What you are doing is MUCH like picking on a bully that has quite the advantage on you (both in wisdom and strength) and then running to your daddy and saying "Protect me! The bully I've been picking on has finally decided to retaliate." If you think Satan is puny and stupid you're very mistaken. If you think YOU can out wit and out battle him you are very wrong.

I'm NOT trying to sound rude at all but as Art stated, your comments come across VERY crass and immature. Even in the support for your beliefs you've been very coarse and degrading. A few post ago you grumbled at the thought that you might be responding to a 16 year old kid yet you are responding with the attitude of someone that's immature (I'm thirty for the record). I feel that everyone has treated you with respect in this conversation. It seems that you could return the favor. This is a serious topic and there has been much more sarcasm than support. How are we to take you seriously?

Some of my gear.
Unread 01-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenwatt View Post
I'm NOT trying to sound rude at all but as Art stated, your comments come across VERY crass and immature. Even in the support for your beliefs you've been very coarse and degrading. A few post ago you grumbled at the thought that you might be responding to a 16 year old kid yet you are responding with the attitude of someone that's immature (I'm thirty for the record). I feel that everyone has treated you with respect in this conversation. It seems that you could return the favor. This is a serious topic and there has been much more sarcasm than support. How are we to take you seriously?
Wow....I'm very sorry if I joked around too much. IN NO WAY I NEVER EVER MEANT TO BE DEGRADING TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE. Now I feel like a complete butthead. Idky I always get myself in these situations.

I guess I didn't realize that its a serious topic. This aint cool. Its rather embarrassing to. I dont want people that are not Christians to stumble upon this and get the wrong idea of us (westboro phelps does a excellent job of that already).

Just delete me and the whole thing
Unread 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #37
not so bright

Quote:
Wow....I'm very sorry if I joked around too much. IN NO WAY I NEVER EVER MEANT TO BE DEGRADING TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE. Now I feel like a complete butthead. Idky I always get myself in these situations.

I guess I didn't realize that its a serious topic. This aint cool. Its rather embarrassing to. I dont want people that are not Christians to stumble upon this and get the wrong idea of us (westboro phelps does a excellent job of that already).

Just delete me and the whole thing
I don't believe you've committed a serious enough offense to be deleted. We're only trying to have a conversation with you about a serious topic. I, for one, would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. No one here would want you to be pushed away. Stick around and chat. There are other places on this forum to joke and be silly but I don't believe that to be the case with this particular thread. In this thread, let's just discuss the issue without the underlying jabs at one another.

Some of my gear.
Unread 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #38
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Send a message via AIM to Josey Wales Send a message via Yahoo to Josey Wales
umm... ok what's just happened?

"I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMBODY SHOT ME IN THE HEAD"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cowboy In Me (Blog) I My Guitar Build: The Making Of The DISASTERCASTER
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Closed Thread