Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Theology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #16
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 John 3:22-24 View Post
Well first of all my response wasn't meant to be insulting but if somebody wants to take it that way thats totally fine.

And I dont know who's teaching you stuff but what you saying is false doctrine and I wouldn't keep telling people that kinda nonsense.
Actually, what he says is sound advice.

Michael the Archangel is afraid to diss Satan. Shouldn't you be?

My Life.
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #17
not so bright

Quote:
And I dont know who's teaching you stuff but what you saying is false doctrine and I wouldn't keep telling people that kinda nonsense.
I'd be interested to see some doctrine that supports challenging/insulting/provoking Satan. What, exactly, is being said here that is false doctrine (other than using a Ouija Board, to provoke Satan to manifest himself, as a ministry tool)?

Do you not believe that Satan can tempt, try, and even opress Bible thumping Christians? I can support my statement that he can, has, and will with as many references as you need (the entire book of Job is my first reference). That's the only thing I mentioned that relates to doctrine and I'm 100% certain that those are pretty sound facts.

Some of my gear.

Last edited by tenwatt; 01-25-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Unread 01-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Send a message via AIM to Josey Wales Send a message via Yahoo to Josey Wales
i'd just like to say that i've been watching this thread and it makes me sad, 1 John 3:22-24 you joined then wrote this thread with a question, yet anyone who responds you're taking personal jabs, and criticizing them for their responses.....

however what you described is totally not safe, anything dealing with supernatural is not safe in anyway, calling satan to manifest, or other demons to manifest, even though you are not the one doing it, can still lead to personal attacks to you by them if you are not or do not remain in gods lights, such as demonic possession or other things like that, and that is something i would not want to ever be a part of or come into contact with.

"I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMBODY SHOT ME IN THE HEAD"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cowboy In Me (Blog) I My Guitar Build: The Making Of The DISASTERCASTER
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Unread 01-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #19

1 John 3:22-24's first response was respectable. The second did include sarcasm, but I wasn't assuming it was pointed at any member or their response. It could be read that way, but if 1 John 3:22-24 is new to forums, he's got to learn to be VERY careful on how hastefully-written communication can be mis-read.

I say we give him the benefit of the doubt, and let him 'splain his second response. Was it a jab at a response in this thread, or was it a show of frustration toward the world in which we live?

Also, I will admit my rookie status on Christian forums. Maybe this is resresentative of a "trollistic" pattern with which I am not familiar. Totally possible, I imagine.

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdOgE5k1X0w

Our Ivy League schools teach that morality is relative. And then when the graduates practice on Wall Street what we teach them in class, we put them behind bars. - (Ravi Zacharias paraphrased)

Born to die. Born again to live.

In the quest for historically accurate musings of great men, no creation has bestowed more frustration upon its creator than the internet. Thomas Jefferson (1877)
Unread 01-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #20
I AM A BASS PLAYER

mike, i agree, i do it all the time on accident, and maybe just now lol, but i was reffering to that post yes, and #19 that seems like a jab at tenwatt...

i do apologize if my post seemed a little over the top too, i just don't like it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Unread 01-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #21
Slappa da bass mon

I've read that Pope Honorius III (1216-1227) used to summon demons entirely for the purpose of casting them out and therefore proving how holy he was. Your idea doesn't seem much different...

As far as I'm concerned neither of those activities are a good idea.
Unread 01-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Actually, what he says is sound advice.

Michael the Archangel is afraid to diss Satan. Shouldn't you be?
I don't really see it as being afraid. I see it as more of honoring an authority of sorts. David refused to kill Saul because he was the Lord's anointed. Paul tells us to honor our masters and honor the people governing us .... even the evil ones. The fear is not of Satan or what he will do. The fear is of overstepping our bounds. Some things are just none of our business. They are the Lord's and the Lord's alone. It is like when my three year old tells his two year old sister that she is being bad and needs a spanking.
Unread 01-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey wales View Post
mike, i agree, i do it all the time on accident, and maybe just now lol, but i was reffering to that post yes, and #19 that seems like a jab at tenwatt...

i do apologize if my post seemed a little over the top too, i just don't like it.
LOL! Ah, we're human.

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdOgE5k1X0w

Our Ivy League schools teach that morality is relative. And then when the graduates practice on Wall Street what we teach them in class, we put them behind bars. - (Ravi Zacharias paraphrased)

Born to die. Born again to live.

In the quest for historically accurate musings of great men, no creation has bestowed more frustration upon its creator than the internet. Thomas Jefferson (1877)
Unread 01-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #24
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegug View Post
LOL! Ah, we're human.
THIS IS WHY I LIKE YOU LOL

Unread 01-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #25
My name is Oliver Queen.

paid
Quote:
Anyone can take simple bible versus and twist it to say what they want, thats child's play and worthy of death
Yes, anyone can. However, I don't think anyone here has done that,

Quote:
I feel sorry for Christians that believe that the almighty satan in all his fallen glory is capable of giving em a "bloody nose" for better words or lack there of.
Just pointing it out:
- Before Jesus, Satan managed to wreak a lot of havoc in OT times.
- Even after Jesus, demons have possessed people, even so much as today. There have been plenty of incidents even in modern days of this.

Quote:
Lucifer is terrified of us. If your truly filled with the Holy Spirit ANY of the fallen will flee upon sight of you.
Satan doesn't fear us. You would be foolish to believe that. The only name he fears is Jesus. Even the most godly people are open to temptation if they aren't careful.

Quote:
Her problem was solved while witnessing the magnitude force of Christians and our dominate force and superior authority we have over ALL thats opposed to God with the power he gave to us. She handed her life over a surrendered herself along with a couple of her friends and neighbors with the other neighbor being able to see that the Holy Spirit is for all time every time.
Assuming this story is true, it was not by human doing. It was by the Holy Spirit. Prayer. Satan is not afraid of us. He is afraid of what the Holy Spirit does through our prayer.

Yes, prayer is important, we need to do it. But when you're saying it's under your power and not God's that a prayer works, you're being very deluded.

Quote:
I know a lot of Christians today dont fully grasp the power of praying in tongues and that saddens me. But as far as warning "Christians" that calling lucifer lucy or fiend or mr. stinky pants could get them in trouble is 100% absurd.
Praying in tongues is another theological discussion that would require a whole other thread.

But do what you want to. But don't delude yourself into thinking Satan won't try and tempt you with anything you haven't surrendered fully to God.

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - Line 6 Helix, POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Unread 01-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #26
Super Mom

paid
I shipping this off to Theology.
Unread 01-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #27
not so bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenwatt View Post
I'd be interested to see some doctrine that supports challenging/insulting/provoking Satan. What, exactly, is being said here that is false doctrine (other than using a Ouija Board, to provoke Satan to manifest himself, as a ministry tool)?

Do you not believe that Satan can tempt, try, and even oppress Bible thumping Christians? I can support my statement that he can, has, and will with as many references as you need (the entire book of Job is my first reference). That's the only thing I mentioned that relates to doctrine and I'm 100% certain that those are pretty sound facts.
That was a really long post you left. It didn't really answer any questions that anyone has asked you though. Would you mind answering the questions I asked above?

I am a worship leader at a pentecostal church and know full well about the gift of tongues. I don't know what it has to do with this topic though. Are you saying that since I'm a "spirit filled" christian I'm exempt from being tempted, tried, and oppressed by Satan? If so, that's a pretty steep and dangerous claim. Even Jesus was tempted by Satan. I didn't see Satan fleeing in that case. He was very persistent and confident even before the Son of God himself. Job was highly honored by God himself and yet he was all but destroyed by the Devil's attacks on him.

Sure, we can cast out demons and rebuke the Devil in Jesus name. But that STILL doesn't mean it's wise to run around with a my daddy's bigger than yours, punk attitude toward an enemy that we, on our own, are no match for and have no business challenging.

Some of my gear.
Unread 01-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #28

If all Satan has to do to win someones soul is help them stregthen that persons belief that God (and Satan) don't exist then the easy way for him to prove it is to do nothing with the Ouji board....BAD idea.
Unread 01-26-2011, 12:42 AM   #29
My name is Oliver Queen.

paid
Quote:
Well, temptation wont hurt you unless YOU fall to it and YOU oppress yourself. The reason for not fleeing is because he wasn't supposed to.
James 4:7.

Read it. You're meant to resist. Not ridicule or try and force Satan into tempting you.

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - Line 6 Helix, POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Unread 01-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #30

[QUOTE=It's like you're taking little jabs at the school bully in front of the teacher. The bully might not retaliate while you're both in front of the teacher but when the moment's right you're gonna get a bloody nose and a swirly.[/QUOTE]

You made it sound like he can come and kick you in the nads. Physically.
Closed Thread