Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #826
assistant regional mgr.

So last week's episode...

I found it to be a boring episode. The two ladies are grumpy with each other, have a talk it out sharing moment, then are ok. Daryl has a talk it out sharing moment with Maggie, then are ok. And Jesus is gay. That's pretty much my synopsis of it all. What did I miss? Anything? Because not much else happened that I recall. The plot didn't really move forward at all. I thought it pointless that the girls gave up their sniper nest (which would give them Negan, with patience, and a probable escape), for pretty much suicide by storming the fortress by herself (Sasha). with limited bullets? Made no sense at all.

Awesome Blog
Dwight Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #827
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
So last week's episode...

I found it to be a boring episode. The two ladies are grumpy with each other, have a talk it out sharing moment, then are ok. Daryl has a talk it out sharing moment with Maggie, then are ok. And Jesus is gay. That's pretty much my synopsis of it all. What did I miss? Anything? Because not much else happened that I recall. The plot didn't really move forward at all. I thought it pointless that the girls gave up their sniper nest (which would give them Negan, with patience, and a probable escape), for pretty much suicide by storming the fortress by herself (Sasha). with limited bullets? Made no sense at all.
Yeah...I'm with you here.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2017, 06:57 AM   #828
Old School
Administrator

What do you think Negan's endgame with Sasha is? He just seems so un-Negan right now.
Unread 03-29-2017, 07:20 AM   #829
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
What do you think Negan's endgame with Sasha is? He just seems so un-Negan right now.
Honestly, i think this actually all fits his character very well, especially when taking the comics and his back-story into account.

He isn't evil, not at all. He isn't purely utilitarian either.

It may be easier to see when you know what his job was before the zombies came: he was a coach.

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2017, 07:25 AM   #830
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk View Post
Honestly, i think this actually all fits his character very well, especially when taking the comics and his back-story into account.

He isn't evil, not at all. He isn't purely utilitarian either.

It may be easier to see when you know what his job was before the zombies came: he was a coach.
AHHHHH.

I see that most of the time. In his own very demented way, he does have a set of standards that he sticks to. Taking a man's wife is okay but raping a prisoner isn't.

It kinda, sorta, almost makes sense.
Unread 03-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #831
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post

AHHHHH.

I see that most of the time. In his own very demented way, he does have a set of standards that he sticks to. Taking a man's wife is okay but raping a prisoner isn't.

It kinda, sorta, almost makes sense.
Yeah, i think there is a real distinct and, fairly rigid, ethical code he is going for.

And, maybe because of his background he has this strong desire to get the "best" out of people. Kinda like a coach who pushes you and even sometimes messes with you psychologically in order to get you to perform in certain ways.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Unread 03-29-2017, 12:39 PM   #832
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk View Post
Yeah, i think there is a real distinct and, fairly rigid, ethical code he is going for.

And, maybe because of his background he has this strong desire to get the "best" out of people. Kinda like a coach who pushes you and even sometimes messes with you psychologically in order to get you to perform in certain ways.
It just seems like he abandoned his "you took mine, I take yours" rule with Sasha.
Unread 04-03-2017, 05:14 AM   #833
assistant regional mgr.

Finale is officially over. Thoughts?

SPOILERS

I thought overall it was a good episode. I got somewhat bored with the Sasha back story, but figure they had to give her some sort of send off.

The betrayal was delicious, I should have seen it coming. Negan was, of course, diabolical. I didn't quite grasp the coffin part, and the NO ONLY ONE DIES part was an obvious allusion to her own death, but was pointless as lots of others died.

The Shiva rescue was a nice surprise. I was doubtful Carl would die, but didn't see that happening. Negan's response to the tiger was classic Negan.

Overall, a good finale IMO. Not great, but good.

Awesome Blog
Unread 04-03-2017, 05:30 AM   #834
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
SPOILERS

I also really enjoyed the episode. I didn't completely enjoy the flashbacks with Sasha, but I like that it would cause one to watch the season over again differently. She had to have been dealing with a lot of pain because she probably saw his death as her fault. If she had tried harder, maybe she could have gotten him to relent and they would have stayed.

I didn't think Carl was gonna die either, but I was wondering if Rick was finally going t lose his hand. Shiva was a delicious surprise.

I think next season will be brutal, as we will be entering the All Out War series in the comics.

Also, it will be interesting to see Dwight betray Negan.

Finally, still wondering what happened to Heath, dangit!

-groucho marx

Quote:
Unread 04-03-2017, 06:46 AM   #835
assistant regional mgr.

Best SPOILER review online:

"Rick messed up, trusted a bunch of bizarre cultists without bothering to make a backup plan, and got saved by a tiger."

More of my thoughts:

I liked how, at least briefly, Negan seemed like this overwhelming force that we got from the season cliffhanger last season. He is totally in command and Rick is once again shown to be in over his head. Shane would have shaken his head. I liked some of the surprises this season, like garbage world and Oceanside. Overall, to me it felt kind of predictable and cliche. When you know that no matter what, Rick can't die, some of the mystery is gone. I knew with the ton of Abraham flashbacks that Sasha was getting a send off tribute, which nuked a bit of the mystery. I also admit that when Negan opened the casket, I almost fell over. That was rather well done. For all my hate of the character, he does pull off some spectacular lulz moments. The casket scene, and after Shiva attacks? Gems. I like how at times, you can see the gears spinning inside his head - when he's talking with Rick, when he is interacting with Sasha, and then this mask of his cocky grin goes up, and the bravado comes out. It's an interesting dynamic to me.

Awesome Blog
Unread 04-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #836
Old School
Administrator

SHIVA!!!!
Unread 10-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #837

Finally caught up. Season 7 was not the best, especially the first half, but I like where it’s headed. The show did need to break the pattern of “Promising destination, overrun, group split up and/or wandering, repeat”. It was jarring to have the first half of the season be so broken up. They could’ve told the same story by showing the various groups a bit each episode instead of standalone episodes.

Dwight had a good arch. Excited to see where it goes for him. I like Jesus a lot too, just a solid #2 type. This show has always had a “moral compass” character (Dale, Tyreese), and he seems to be it now.

I found Negan to be a bit over the top, but at least he was consistently so. Honestly found Gregory to be way more obnoxious. Simon stole every scene he was in. I liked that the Saviors liaison to the Kingdom had some semblance of decency and reasonableness. Ezekiel threw me off at first, but I got him after his conversation with Carol in episode 2.

Now I need to pick up Fear the Walking Dead again. I’m in the middle of season two.
in all the will of God.
--Colossians 4:12 ESV
Epaphras is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2017, 02:32 AM   #838
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphras View Post
Finally caught up. Season 7 was not the best, especially the first half, but I like where it’s headed. The show did need to break the pattern of “Promising destination, overrun, group split up and/or wandering, repeat”. It was jarring to have the first half of the season be so broken up. They could’ve told the same story by showing the various groups a bit each episode instead of standalone episodes.

Dwight had a good arch. Excited to see where it goes for him. I like Jesus a lot too, just a solid #2 type. This show has always had a “moral compass” character (Dale, Tyreese), and he seems to be it now.

I found Negan to be a bit over the top, but at least he was consistently so. Honestly found Gregory to be way more obnoxious. Simon stole every scene he was in. I liked that the Saviors liaison to the Kingdom had some semblance of decency and reasonableness. Ezekiel threw me off at first, but I got him after his conversation with Carol in episode 2.

Now I need to pick up Fear the Walking Dead again. I’m in the middle of season two.
I think I echo all of your points here.

It is almost like the season needed to get going before it got good.

One thing that really annoyed me, and maybe I wrote it above at some point, was the garbage dump people. They were a bit beyond believability, in my opinion.

Dude. Fear the Walking Dead had been getting pretty good. I recommend catching up. Its worth it.

I think I've started to like it just as much as TWD.

-groucho marx

Quote:
Unread 10-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #839
Old School
Administrator

Just announced...a crossover of both shows.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...now/744448001/
Unread 10-12-2017, 07:35 AM   #840
assistant regional mgr.

interesting premise. I'm seeing more of a Star Wars-style little cameo in Fear that we know winds up in TWD. something like a used car salesman with a normal baseball bat, or something. would have to be pretty early, as that character has to cover a lot of ground to hit the East Coast in time for TWD.?

Oh and a few weeks to go until TWD! and (off the topic) Stranger Things...

Awesome Blog

« Overwatch | - »