Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #46
assistant regional mgr.

yeah that is kind of strange that it's been absent on Netflix. it was on AMC, for pete's sake. not even a real channel!

great season. could have done without the hanky pank scene in the early episodes, but I guess it moved the story forward. sure made the tension between the two cops that much more believable.

Awesome Blog
Dwight Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #47

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
I was hoping that season 1 would eventually be available on Netflix, but not yet.
Check again. It's on there!

It must have been added in the last couple of days because this is the first I've seen it.

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #48
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Check again. It's on there!

It must have been added in the last couple of days because this is the first I've seen it.
I was about to come here and say the same . I watched all of Season 1 yesterday on Netflix, and now I'm just looking forward to having a block of 1.5hrs free to watch Season 2 ep. 1 on AMC's website .

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #49

Season 2 is off to a good start.

Unread 10-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #50
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
I bought the first season yesterday at Wal-Mart. I have to say that I am thoroughly engrossed in the story.

As for tonight's episode, it was pretty good. Part of me wants constant action, but I think the beauty in this series is the balance between zombie action and emotional character development. I actually do care about the characters, and I want to see them out ok.

Spoiler:

I was a little surprised by how slowly this episode progressed. I was expecting Shane and Otis to get the supples and get out of their fairly easily and for Carl to be healed in this episode. I knew that when Shane opened the door that the zombies would have lost interest and wold notice them, but I expected that they would somehow get back to the truck and not get locked into that building. I am not complaining about the pace, because it doesn't bother me.

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 06:29 AM   #51
assistant regional mgr.

it seems that sometimes the story plods along about as fast... as a lumbering... zombie..... BRAINSSSS!

great series.

Awesome Blog
Dwight Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #52

The return of The Walking Dead has shifted the entire culture of my student ministries high school group. We used to end on Sunday nights and everyone would drive over to Sonic and hang out for an hour. Now we end and everyone drives over to one students house to watch the latest episode.

It's a very powerful show

Unread 10-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #53
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
The return of The Walking Dead has shifted the entire culture of my student ministries high school group. We used to end on Sunday nights and everyone would drive over to Sonic and hang out for an hour. Now we end and everyone drives over to one students house to watch the latest episode.

It's a very powerful show
That is easily one of the coolest ideas ever. I dig it.

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
Unread 10-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #54
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Wow. I loved tonight's episode, but my walkaway thought was simply this: Shane is a serious dirtbag. He's now my most-hated character, taking the place of blonde-irritating-face girl.

Such a great show. I'm also really glad that the operation went well. I just kept thinking, though, poor Otis! That dude was awesome, and he saved Shane's neck multiple times. Grinds my gears.

Unread 10-31-2011, 07:35 AM   #55
still figuring it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGeek
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Wow. I loved tonight's episode, but my walkaway thought was simply this: Shane is a serious dirtbag. He's now my most-hated character, taking the place of blonde-irritating-face girl.
It really opened my eyes to his character. Sure there were hints in earlier episodes such as him being strict about not saving the group who went into the city in season 1.
Unread 10-31-2011, 07:50 AM   #56
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGeek
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Such a great show. I'm also really glad that the operation went well. I just kept thinking, though, poor Otis! That dude was awesome, and he saved Shane's neck multiple times. Grinds my gears.
I honestly don't know what to think about him now. I liked him a lot in earlier episodes. He seems to have been battling his demons throughout the show, and always had group solidarity in mind. Such as when he stood up for Dale when he took away the gun from Andrea, his refusing to let Glenn and Rick and Darrel go bak for Merl, and his tying up Jim. I wonder if his shooting Otis was for the same reason: wanting to cement group solidarity (granted HE was going to attempt to leave the group). Either him or Otis had to die, or so he thought, for the equipment to get back.
But maybe that just shows his selfishness. He wanted to save Carl, but he didn't have to kill Otis. He could have let himself die. But, he seems to have really battled the decision and felt true guilt. Idk. I just think he is a complex character. I do wonder about the symbolism of him shaving his head. Is this sort of a signification of him going bad? Maybe....

Sent from my MB520 using CGR Forum

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Unread 10-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #57
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssabeth

It really opened my eyes to his character. Sure there were hints in earlier episodes such as him being strict about not saving the group who went into the city in season 1.
I felt like before it was genuinely because he cared about the group and keeping everyone alive. Now, maybe that concern has transformed because he lost his place as leader of the group. I think he feels lost, powerless, and emotionally conflicted since Rick showed back up.

-groucho marx

Quote:
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #58
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssabeth View Post
Yeah, I'll agree with that. There's been some foreshadowing, but I didn't think he had *that* in him. Bah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash View Post
I honestly don't know what to think about him now. I liked him a lot in earlier episodes. He seems to have been battling his demons throughout the show, and always had group solidarity in mind. Such as when he stood up for Dale when he took away the gun from Andrea, his refusing to let Glenn and Rick and Darrel go bak for Merl, and his tying up Jim. I wonder if his shooting Otis was for the same reason: wanting to cement group solidarity (granted HE was going to attempt to leave the group). Either him or Otis had to die, or so he thought, for the equipment to get back.
But maybe that just shows his selfishness. He wanted to save Carl, but he didn't have to kill Otis. He could have let himself die. But, he seems to have really battled the decision and felt true guilt. Idk. I just think he is a complex character. I do wonder about the symbolism of him shaving his head. Is this sort of a signification of him going bad? Maybe....

I think one of the main reasons he shaved his head is to cover up the damage Otis did to him (ripped out some of his hair), but I also am fairly sure you're right. I don't think he's going to turn completely evil, but I think he's just crossed the threshold from "he might do evil things" to "he's now done them." My feeling is that he's just going to do more and more things as the season goes on, and it will culminate in either a showdown in which he receives justice from a fairly innocent character so far (one of my friends who's read the comic books gave me a hint as to whom it might be), or he'll end up so overloaded with guilt that he'll sacrifice himself for the others as a form of redemption.

Can't wait to find out!

Unread 11-01-2011, 06:05 AM   #59
Taster of Pork!

The funny is that even though I saw bits and pieces of the new episodes, Shane was not present in the comics by the time Carl was shot. For those who read the comics, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo
Know him? He was delicious!!
JerRocks2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #60
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
So? What did anyone think of last night?
It was a little slow, but that's ok.

I am hoping that they will find that girl soon and move on, or something. And, honestly I don't think that Herschel is going to let them stay.
When it showed the sneak peak of the next episode I was happy to see that Merl will be back, not because I liked the character but because i wanted to see what he was going to do when he caught back up with everyone.

-groucho marx

Quote: