Originally Posted by josey wales View Post
what holiday is your birthday ????
12/25

jefcon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #92
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Send a message via AIM to Josey Wales Send a message via Yahoo to Josey Wales
well thats cool, i used to have a girlfriend who's birthday was on christmas, so i was the best boyfriend ever cause i always remembered her birthday

"I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMBODY SHOT ME IN THE HEAD"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cowboy In Me (Blog) I My Guitar Build: The Making Of The DISASTERCASTER
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #93
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefcon1 View Post
That's awesome! It will never happen for me since most factories are closed on my birthday.

btw - My only real Gibson aspiration right now is to have an SG, SG Jr or even Melody Maker with wrap around bridge and P-90s. So I love your avatar!
Mine was $500 and was previously gigged by Social D. $500-$650 is a pretty standard going price for em on ebay. Its nice when your tastes run cheap.

Proof that all Gibsons are not the same.

The bottom 6 are all gibsons.
Attached Thumbnails
img_3875.jpg  

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #94
of the jefconians

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
Mine was $500 and was previously gigged by Social D. $500-$650 is a pretty standard going price for em on ebay. Its nice when your tastes run cheap.

Proof that all Gibsons are not the same.

The bottom 6 are all gibsons.
I'm going to risk it all and say, Nice Rack! Speaking of racks, I see the Mesa 50/50 back there, what is the rest of the rig?
jefcon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #95
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefcon1 View Post
I'm going to risk it all and say, Nice Rack! Speaking of racks, I see the Mesa 50/50 back there, what is the rest of the rig?
1 peavey rockmaster with a TC Electronic M300
1 ENGL 520 with a TC Electronics M300 in the loop
into both sides of a mesa 50/50 into Celestion Lead 75s
Also a Furman Power conditioner powerd the whole lot.

Down below there is a Peavey TB Raxx and a Classic 120 (My bass amp) Currently it is not hooked up.
6 channels of tube based fury!

My Life.
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #96
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Send a message via AIM to Josey Wales Send a message via Yahoo to Josey Wales
I agree, i like your rack bill...

"I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMBODY SHOT ME IN THE HEAD"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cowboy In Me (Blog) I My Guitar Build: The Making Of The DISASTERCASTER
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey wales View Post
why is that, it's still a gibson at bestbuy, or guitar center, or gibson corporate... it waws only best buy because i was there for something else and figure i'd stop in to the guitars, i hate shoppin guitars at bestbuy there terrible....

I think there is a fair amount off truth to the comment that guitars at the big box chains aren't as good. I've tried quite a few Gibsons at Best Buy and Guitar Center, and it seems rare to find a good one. It could be that they don't take the time and effort to set them up correctly, or that they get abused by people trying them out. I recently bought a Les Paul Standard Plus from an independent dealer. I tried out 7 or 8 different ones in the process and there wasn't a bad one in the bunch. The one I ended up with is phenominal... probably the best guitar I've ever owned, and I've owned dozens... Gibsons, Fenders, Guilds, Hammers, Ibanez, G&L...

I also agree with the comments that a Gibson won't feel right at first if you have played Fenders all your life. They are a diffent animal.
Stormin1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #98

Quote:
A lot of times switches do go bad on some of the Chinese guitars. But... a new switch is what, $10?

No The Lucille and 335 are semihollows.

I got my lucille for around a thousand. As best I can tell, Lucilles are worth a bit less than a 335.

My 300 is a full hollow.

ES 175s and such are always available used around where I am.

It all depends on budget. IMO, and you should really check out the Godin ones. I know they have the kingpin model, but they are quite reasonable pricewise, (probably could be found for the same price as an artcore) and are made in Canada with a lot of positive reviews. Besides, having a Godin guitar (or seagull, art & Lutherie or any other one of their brands) is one of those things that is just plain cool. The serious musicians will drool over your fine instrument, while the uninitiated will wonder what a Godin is.

Edit for Apbos.

Also, try out some reverend guitars. Their korean models are awesome and if you happen to come across an affordable USA, those are gold.
Are you telling me an ES 175 is semi also? Wow.

About Godin, a dealer I used to buy all my stuff from told me on the phone they sell their guitars and were promoting them to me. And something keeps telling me I need to stop in at their store. First off, they seem like good guys and always did. They also would probably give me a pretty good deal, at least they said they would "set me up" when I talked with them on the phone. They are kind of far away from me and I didn't make it there yet. But now that you mention Godin, I might just have to check them out. I didn't like the way some of their electrics looked, but I think their hollow or semi hollow are rather normal looking. 335 style or whatever. I'd have to look at their website again.

Thanks for letting us run here Josey. And that guitar is too funny.
ABPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #99
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABPOS View Post
Are you telling me an ES 175 is semi also? Wow.
No, its one of the more common full hollows.
Quote:
About Godin, a dealer I used to buy all my stuff from told me on the phone they sell their guitars and were promoting them to me. And something keeps telling me I need to stop in at their store. First off, they seem like good guys and always did. They also would probably give me a pretty good deal, at least they said they would "set me up" when I talked with them on the phone. They are kind of far away from me and I didn't make it there yet. But now that you mention Godin, I might just have to check them out. I didn't like the way some of their electrics looked, but I think their hollow or semi hollow are rather normal looking. 335 style or whatever. I'd have to look at their website again.
Godins are awesome and they are like the secret brotherhood of serious guitar players. Its kind of funny. I may make you a clip of a sound you might like, and its not what you might expect. I am not going to say what they are, lest I bias you... I was monkeying around today and was getting some pretty wild tonalities. Warning: I don't always play normal instruments.

I don't own an electric Godin, just a seagull s12 and an A &L Ami. I am not fond of their strat style guitars, but I liked the hollows looks a lot.
Quote:
Thanks for letting us run here Josey. And that guitar is too funny.
Sad part is, I would gladly play that one.

My Life.
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #100
Lieutenant Commander

How many here prefer Gibson basses over Fender's?

A d A s t r a P e r A l a s P o r c i
slap_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by slap_j View Post
How many here prefer Gibson basses over Fender's?
Not me.
pooleman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #102
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman0 View Post
Not me.
Me neither (although I did once own and enjoy an Epi Thunderbird IV). It seems to be that so far as basses are concerned this discussion is much less contentious.

A d A s t r a P e r A l a s P o r c i
slap_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #103

Quote:
No, its one of the more common full hollows.

Godins are awesome and they are like the secret brotherhood of serious guitar players. Its kind of funny. I may make you a clip of a sound you might like, and its not what you might expect. I am not going to say what they are, lest I bias you... I was monkeying around today and was getting some pretty wild tonalities. Warning: I don't always play normal instruments.

I don't own an electric Godin, just a seagull s12 and an A &L Ami. I am not fond of their strat style guitars, but I liked the hollows looks a lot.

Sad part is, I would gladly play that one.
OK, I thought the 175 was full hollow. I like those too though. Ibanez has a copy of one of those.

I need to try the godins for sure. And yeah bill, it's a very nice collection you have. What do you need a guitar with exhuast pipes and flames for, ehehehehehehe
ABPOS is offline   Reply With Quote