Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #61
The People's

Perhaps he is OUT FOR BLOOD!

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #62
leafy greens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
Perhaps he is OUT FOR BLOOD!
That, good sir, is an excellent point.

Leafs take on the Penguins tomorrow night. Crosby & Co. should be a real test for them.

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
tmlfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #63
leafy greens!

Clarke MacArthur has been a revelation through three games. He's finding the open ice and snapping pucks home like a young Brett Hull. NHL.com still has Ovechkin listed as goal-scoring leader however, which kinda pisses me off. I heard a guy on the radio compare MacArthur to Jose Bautista (he of the out-of-nowhere 54 homers for the Jays this summer), and it's a fair comparison at this point in the year. Mikhail Grabovski has been feeding him wonderful passes after two previous seasons largely characterized by terrible selfishness with the puck. Kessel earned his first benching of the young year with some uninspired play early. Luke Schenn continued his very steady play and contributed two assists, but the biggest story was Jonas Gustavsson's feet when the Leafs needed to shut it down for the win. He made several fantastic saves to keep them alive, something we almost never got last year, especially from Vesa Toskala. 3-0 start and the best record in the league

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
Unread 10-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #64
The People's

MacArthur is on pace for 109 goals!!! The Leafs, Blues, Predators, Oilers, and Stars are going to go 82-0-0 this season!

Oh, if only. That would mean Daniel Sedin would score 82 goals this season as he has 3 goals in 3 games. I'm going to try to avoid judgments on trends and such until we're at least 10 games into the season. That said, a good start is nothing to scoff at and it's a heck of a lot better for the Leafs than last year when they lost the first 8 games. I'm still skeptical of their forward depth and I think that will sink them over the long haul, but they're looking good so far.

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.

zXe
Unread 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #65
leafy greens!

Quote:
I'm going to try to avoid judgments on trends and such until we're at least 10 games into the season. That said, a good start is nothing to scoff at and it's a heck of a lot better for the Leafs than last year when they lost the first 8 games. I'm still skeptical of their forward depth and I think that will sink them over the long haul, but they're looking good so far.
I'm still skeptical of the Leafs in general, but this start has been awesome.

Unread 10-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #66

paid
Bruins finally play their third game tomorrow, which is against the Devils.

In other non related Bruins news, I got my NHL Official home Boston Bruins jersey (Lucic, #17) today. I'm ready.
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #67
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Wow. Those things are expensive! My Sharks jersey is just replica with no name/number. I probably would have gotten 20 (Nabokov), so I am kind of glad I didn't. Though Marleau would always work.
Unread 10-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #68
Formerly Registered User

My Flames aren't doing so great this season..

In other news, the Avs play the Devils tonight. I'm not a fan of the Avs, but I hope they can kick Jersey's ass.

edit: Yeah!
Unread 10-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #69
The People's

Tough game for the Canucks tonight. Lots of little things going wrong, even though as a whole they're playing pretty well. There were a few head-banger moments defensively, though. Ugh, I'm upset with the whole thing.

Pass it to Bulis!

zXe
Unread 10-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #70

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Wow. Those things are expensive! My Sharks jersey is just replica with no name/number. I probably would have gotten 20 (Nabokov), so I am kind of glad I didn't. Though Marleau would always work.
After taxes, shipping, and duty fees I paid over $200 for it, I pretty much had to get it offline though.
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #71
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Big Joe, the Sharks' newest Captain, is on board for this, and the following three seasons. I am happy.
Unread 10-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #72
leafy greens!

Bigtime cap hit for a guy who's always had the "can't win the big one" label. I like Thornton and I hope he does do well, but 7 mil seems a little high to me.

Leafs are just a little unreal right now. I keep waiting for the bubble to burst, but we're getting some consistent scoring and the defense has been solid.

Unread 10-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #73
The People's

It's $7 million for a guy who consistently scores at more than a point-per-game pace. He's topped 100 points three times in his career. He's arguably the finest playmaker in the NHL. If anything, $7 million is an under-payment.

Pass it to Bulis!

zXe
Unread 10-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #74
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
It's $7 million for a guy who consistently scores at more than a point-per-game pace. He's topped 100 points three times in his career. He's arguably the finest playmaker in the NHL. If anything, $7 million is an under-payment.
Indeed. It is hard to appreciate the guys who do not score all of the goals some times, but Joe makes every player on his team better.
Unread 10-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #75
leafy greens!

Leafs lost their first in OT last night. Plenty of fantastic chances, not enough finish.