Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #16
Vsvehueh.Sat on my phone.

Send a message via MSN to Galatia
The rosters are so different during preseason. Saturday I watched a preseason Sharks/Coyotes game, and it was a split squad game; at the exact same time the two teams were playing in Arizona. That isn't a huge indicator of regular season, after all...

I don't think the Edmonton Oilers will score 8 goals in a game until next preseason.

I think Josh Harding should have not played goalie this preseason...same with Peter Mueller.

Art,
I agree. Malhotra added tons of depth to the Sharks. They should have tried to keep him, but they wanted to focus on defense (which they didn't really take care of).

Galatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #17
The People's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatia View Post
The rosters are so different during preseason. Saturday I watched a preseason Sharks/Coyotes game, and it was a split squad game; at the exact same time the two teams were playing in Arizona. That isn't a huge indicator of regular season, after all...

I don't think the Edmonton Oilers will score 8 goals in a game until next preseason.

I think Josh Harding should have not played goalie this preseason...same with Peter Mueller.
Seems kind of silly to judge something based on a couple unfortunate results. What if Josh Harding instead had his injury in the 6th game of the regular season? Should he have played in that game? What if it's a freak accident while attending a baseball game, tripping on a step? Should he have attended that game? The players have to start playing sometime and every single player plays in the preseason, from Alexander Ovechkin to Peter Schaefer.
Quote:
Art,
I agree. Malhotra added tons of depth to the Sharks. They should have tried to keep him, but they wanted to focus on defense (which they didn't really take care of).
Definitely. I'm very excited to see Malhotra in Vancouver. The Indo-Canadian community of Vancouver is pretty excited as well.

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
The People's

I've avoided actively advertising the hockey blog that I run with my friend Harrison, but his piece today on the Atlanta Thrashers and black hockey players is a must-read:

Pass it to Bulis: Why Are the Atlanta Thrashers Actively Acquiring Black Players?

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.

zXe
Unread 09-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #19
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Dan, your blog is phenomenal. Advertise at will.
Unread 09-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
The People's

LIMITED TIME OFFER!

BUY LIMITED EDITION PASS IT TO BULIS

COFFEE MUGS, PENS, and WALL CALENDARS

TODAY!
TODAY!
TODAY!

FOR THE CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP PRICE OF $74.99 PER UNIT!!!

Pass it to Bulis!

zXe
Unread 09-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #21
leafy greens!

Leafs got secondary scoring from the Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur line last night - I know it's pre-season, but the top two lines look like they're ready to go. Ron Wilson is going to play all the last-chancers tomorrow night.

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
tmlfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #22
The People's

One last chance for Kadri, eh?

Pass it to Bulis!

zXe
Unread 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #23
leafy greens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
One last chance for Kadri, eh?
I think he's shown pretty conclusively he's not ready yet - a year in the AHL isn't going to hurt him, either.

EDIT:

Just came across this story - the Islanders are going to be hurting big time over these two losses.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=538893

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland

Last edited by tmlfan123; 09-28-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 09-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #24
The People's

Yeah, having both Streit and Okposo out long-term is going to really suck for the Islanders.

Pass it to Bulis!

zXe
Unread 09-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #25
leafy greens!

Kadri went off last night with 2 goals and the key assist on the game-winner. Doubt it changes anything, but still very nice to see. He has great hands and good speed.

Unread 09-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #26
The People's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan123 View Post
Kadri went off last night with 2 goals and the key assist on the game-winner. Doubt it changes anything, but still very nice to see. He has great hands and good speed.
Definitely a good thing to see for Leafs fans. I was hoping for the same from Hodgson last night, but no luck there. It's tough to get up to game speed after missing an entire year of development. I think he'll benefit from a year in the AHL.

Pass it to Bulis!

zXe
Unread 09-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #27
leafy greens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
Definitely a good thing to see for Leafs fans. I was hoping for the same from Hodgson last night, but no luck there. It's tough to get up to game speed after missing an entire year of development. I think he'll benefit from a year in the AHL.
He would be a huge asset to the Canucks if he could realize his potential this year, but as you said, a year off means a lot of work just to get back to where you were before.

Unread 10-03-2010, 01:49 AM   #28
The People's

I'm not too worried about Hodgson and the Canucks; the Canucks are deep enough right now that they don't need him to contribute. I'm hoping he and Jordan Schroeder rip up the AHL and are ready for next season (or a late-season call-up).

Pass it to Bulis!

zXe
Unread 10-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #29
Guitar Player...

Question: why don't all NHL teams play the same number of pre-season games? Looking at the standings it looks like some teams have only played 5 games, while others have played as many as 9. Seems strange to me.

The Calgary Flames went undefeated in the pre-season. I wish that meant something, but I realize it does not. I think I do have more hope for them this season than most do, though.

Gear
Art & Lutherie Spruce with Quantum I Electronics
Agile AL-3100 -> GFT-90 Pedal Tuner -> SBN BDAB -> Danelectro Cool Cat Drive (OCD Clone) -> Boss DD-7 w/ homemade tap tempo -> Garnet Gnome
dtaylorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #30
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Four of the teams are playing overseas to start the season, and are already over there. That might have something to do with the skewed numbers.