Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #31

You know, the more I looked at the wood the more I felt that it should look like it was made from Grandma's old cedar chest or something. I decided to have it look old. However, I do plan to put a smooth clear coat on it.

And yes, that was one goooood egg sandwich. There was some bacon on it too. And mayonaise.

roscoestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #32

Eggs, the perfect food.

Everybody loves bacon.

A whole lotta people like guitars.

My wisdom for the day. hehehehe

Keep us posted with your progress!
ABPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #33
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Send a message via AIM to Josey Wales Send a message via Yahoo to Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoestring View Post
You know, the more I looked at the wood the more I felt that it should look like it was made from Grandma's old cedar chest or something. I decided to have it look old. However, I do plan to put a smooth clear coat on it.

And yes, that was one goooood egg sandwich. There was some bacon on it too. And mayonaise.
dude, now i really want one i gots to go get some bacon tomorrow

"I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMBODY SHOT ME IN THE HEAD"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cowboy In Me (Blog) I My Guitar Build: The Making Of The DISASTERCASTER
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #34
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Bacon mayo and egg? That is a serious sammich.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #35

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
Bacon mayo and egg? That is a serious sammich.
I don't have any bacon around here, but I do have a two egg, mayo, cheese and either ham or turkey for breakfast every now and then.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #36
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Sounds like something I should make for breakfast tomorrow. Mmm.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2010, 04:00 AM   #37

Auugghhhhhhhhh. Now you've got me wanting another one.

I remember once when I was a kid that the radio station was having a sandwich contest where the contestants would have to come up with weird sandwiches. I wanted to enter so I started making sandwiches from everything. Rice, butterbeans, carrots, potatoes, corn flakes. Some of them were actually pretty good. I never did enter the contest though. The winning sandwich? Best I remember it had sardines, dill pickles, peanut butter, and maple syrup.
Unread 09-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #38
I AM A BASS PLAYER

lol my friend and i made a chip dip once with everything in his fridge mustard worchester sauce, butter, peanut butter, S&P, pickle juice, and a whole lot of others was pretty good

but anyway hows that guitar coming along

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Unread 09-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #39

Slowly. I had a meeting I had to attend last night. Then this morning a friend invited me to a "prayer breakfast'. So I went to that. Now I'm back home and messin' 'round on the internet.

I did get another coat of clear on it though. Nothing picture worthy yet. I'll keep ya posted though.
Unread 09-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #40
of the jefconians

I was blindsided by the picture and description of the egg sandwich and I can't remember what this thread was about. But I think I liked it.

Bacon.

Bacon.

Bacon.

Mayo.

Egg.

Mayo.

Bacon.

and.....

CHEESE
jefcon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #41
I AM A BASS PLAYER

dude how do you make the pickgaurds because i would love to take a shot at making one since we know what happened to that awesome one you made for me

Unread 09-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey wales View Post
dude how do you make the pickgaurds because i would love to take a shot at making one since we know what happened to that awesome one you made for me

I plane the wood to 1/8" thick. Sometimes thicker depending on the guitar that it will go on. I like thick guards. It puts the strings close and more comfortable for me. Once I have it planed to the desired thickness I cut the shape out on a band saw. Then using a Dremel tool I round over the edges. After everything is shaped just like I want it then I sand it and stain and/or clear coat. I like using lacquer to clear but sometimes use polyurethene and have recently used tung oil. And then again, sometimes I leave them unfinished.

Since I've started making pickguards I've probally made around 50 or 60. I've sold a few. But I give away most of them or trade for something. I made one for a guy in England and traded it for a rock (stone) but he hasn't sent me the rock yet.

I know - Crazy. But my wife collects rocks. What else would someone named Goat collect?
Unread 09-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #43
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Quote:
I plane the wood to 1/8" thick. Sometimes thicker depending on the guitar that it will go on. I like thick guards. It puts the strings close and more comfortable for me. Once I have it planed to the desired thickness I cut the shape out on a band saw. Then using a Dremel tool I round over the edges. After everything is shaped just like I want it then I sand it and stain and/or clear coat. I like using lacquer to clear but sometimes use polyurethene and have recently used tung oil. And then again, sometimes I leave them unfinished.

Since I've started making pickguards I've probally made around 50 or 60. I've sold a few. But I give away most of them or trade for something. I made one for a guy in England and traded it for a rock (stone) but he hasn't sent me the rock yet.

I know - Crazy. But my wife collects rocks. What else would someone named Goat collect?
thanks dude, i will keep this in mind, and selling them might be cool
how long ago did you send it to this guy, i'd go to england find him and then beat him ///// with a rock then keep that rock because it would be more meaningful

Unread 09-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey wales View Post
thanks dude, i will keep this in mind, and selling them might be cool
how long ago did you send it to this guy, i'd go to england find him and then beat him ///// with a rock then keep that rock because it would be more meaningful

It has been several months ago. He told me he was going on "holiday". But he came back. He said he would send a rock but I've not heard anything more from him. I thought that was a pretty fair trade. I wouldn't beat him up though. I just beat up the folks that don't use them when I send them to 'em.
Unread 09-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #45
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Quote:
It has been several months ago. He told me he was going on "holiday". But he came back. He said he would send a rock but I've not heard anything more from him. I thought that was a pretty fair trade. I wouldn't beat him up though. I just beat up the folks that don't use them when I send them to 'em.
what about folks that can't use them because they don't fit right...........and then decide to hang it on the wall