Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Christian Bass Hack

Send a message via AIM to rfclef
Got a "new" ABG...

Well...
A year ago, I sold 3 of my 5 basses, including my Applause AE-40 short scale acoustic... ANd I have regretted it! I really missed having a bass to take out in the yard while the kids are biking in the cul de sac, etc... a grab n go to practice & noodle around un-amped.

There was an Applause AE-40 on Ebay... went once with no bids and the guy dropped his price... but then other bozos started bidding on it, and wound up going today for almost $200 when you include shipping. Bout twice what I can afford.

So, today I went to a Starbucks and bought an acoustic/electric from Craigslist... Nice shallow black plastic-bowl body similar to an Ovation or Applause, but shallower than the AE-40 I had. I expected it to be cheaper, but this is a nice short scale a/e bass. Feels good and solid, well built. Built in tuner w/EQ. For $100, I am really pleased.

Oh... It's pink.

It is a Daisy Rock. When I saw the ad, I thought it was going to be a little cheaper, and not this nice. I thought "it's pink, I'll repaint it...". I may repaint it, but this is such a nice little bass I am afraid I will screw it up if I try... lol...

Photos to come...

Listen to some of our songs at www.facebook.com/cryofstones

"Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"..."
rfclef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #2

My brother in law gave me a pink Daisy Rock that is pink. He said that it was painted black when he got it. It wasn't done very professionally though so he decided to take the black off. Then he realized that it was pink underneath. I have it in the closet. Not sure what I'll ever do with it. It play very well though.

Looking forward to the pics.
roscoestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Christian Bass Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoestring View Post
My brother in law gave me a pink Daisy Rock that is pink. He said that it was painted black when he got it. It wasn't done very professionally though so he decided to take the black off. Then he realized that it was pink underneath. I have it in the closet. Not sure what I'll ever do with it. It play very well though.

Looking forward to the pics.
Yeah... I thought if it was a cheap all wood body, I'd sand it down and paint it no prob. This has a nice good quallity paint job, and I am afraid if I re-do it it'll just look cheap.

I may just leave it. I am confident in my masculinity... lol...

"Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"..."
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
blessed beyond reason

So, Roscoe... You've got a pink guitar in your closet, do you? Something you're not telling us?
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiBoyz View Post
So, Roscoe... You've got a pink guitar in your closet, do you? Something you're not telling us?

I guess I have to 'fess up now, huh? I've also got a pink ball cap, a pink shirt, a pink neck tie, and sometimes my wife washes a red shirt with my undies and socks.
roscoestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
Christian Bass Hack

Here it is...
Attached Thumbnails
pict3090.jpg   pict3093.jpg