Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #16
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Send a message via AIM to Josey Wales Send a message via Yahoo to Josey Wales
i love the fact you turned a telecaster into a bass, can you get me quote for shipping and let me know, let me weigh my options out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Not trying to kill your sale roscoe, but something to consider josey is whether you want a short-scale (30" scale) or full scale (34" scale) bass. I know a lot of guitarists that pick up short scale basses because they're more similar to guitars, but because I learned on a full scale bass I've never been comfortable with them.
hmm idk i think i would want full scale

i'd really love one of these, or some cheap reproduction

it looks like this is where i'm going.

Music Go Round

"I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMBODY SHOT ME IN THE HEAD"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cowboy In Me (Blog) I My Guitar Build: The Making Of The DISASTERCASTER
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE

Last edited by thesteve; 08-26-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #17

I have a Johnson Beatle bass that looks like the Hofner. It's a shortscale too as is the Hofner. Both of my basses are shortscale. Rondo sells those basses also (repro not Hofners). They can be found for around $300 new. I'd ship for $25. It may be a little more or less but that's about what I usually spend. I just shipped a guitar to Texas and Kentucky recently and that was about the cost. The only other company that makes a Tele bass that I'm aware of right now is G&L. High dollar basses. Some custom builders are making them. But again, they are high dollar.
roscoestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #18
I AM A BASS PLAYER

shoot i have a lot to think about eh??? well i'm gonna go to GC and music go round this weekend, possibly musicians superstore but they don't have any used. i might grab a rouge because i know it's a descent beginner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Unread 08-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoestring View Post
The only other company that makes a Tele bass that I'm aware of right now is G&L. High dollar basses. Some custom builders are making them. But again, they are high dollar.
Schecter does a couple T-style models that typically go used in in the $300-$400 range.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #20
Christian Bass Hack

Send a message via AIM to rfclef
I also recommend Rondo. I have that short scale jazz. What a killer little axe for the price! If you do not want the shorty, the 34" scales are still great deals. (I got mine like new, shipped, for $99 from a cat over on the WorshipBass forum. A perfect backup bass for my Birdsong.). From what I have seen, if you are looking for a cheap backup bass, these are easily the equal of the Squier affinity basses.

and the new headstocks don't look as bad in person as online... lol...
Listen to some of our songs at www.facebook.com/cryofstones

"Basses do not "gently weep"... they will rattle the walls, lay the foundation, soothe the body and the mind, or bellow in fury as they strike you down with a bat'leth, but they do not "gently weep"..."
rfclef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Schecter does a couple T-style models that typically go used in in the $300-$400 range.
I'm having a hard time finding them. I found only one on ebay. And that's the only one I've found so far. Thanks Steve. I didn't realize that Schecter made them. They also make a Tele bass with the strat body shape. I like their version of that one better than their Tele (guitar) body shaped one. I've never played a Schecter though. How do they compare to. . . say a Squier or one of Rondos versions?
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Doh...I think I was thinking of the Model T, which is based on the old Fender P-bass with the Telecaster headstock. Sorry about the confusion.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Doh...I think I was thinking of the Model T, which is based on the old Fender P-bass with the Telecaster headstock. Sorry about the confusion.
No problem. I did find a tele body shaped bass though. I think the bid was up to @ the $600 range. I was not so impressed with its looks but like I said, I have never played one. The P bass models did look pretty good though.
Unread 08-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #24
I AM A BASS PLAYER

so i decided to just borrow my friends rouge bass, this way i can try out a bass, and try to learn some licks, and tabs and such to make sure i even like the bass before i get one. he doesn't ever use it so it's all good...

i'm familiar with this guitar though i restored it for him, but it had no strings so i didn't get to play it.

Unread 09-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to rexherring
Rogue makes a Hofner style for under $200 from MF, also, Jay Turser makes a real nice Tele style bass as well as Fender Squier makes one too.

Last edited by thesteve; 09-17-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Squi-ER!
rexherring is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #26
I AM A BASS PLAYER

idk know if i want to get one now, i'm kind of not diggin bass that much idk.