Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Life Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #31
|Last of the Gang to Die|
 
TheProdigalModern's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Archbishopric of Arkansas
Posts: 2,902
After several major life changes and detours along the way, I will finally graduate in December with a BA in Journalism and a minor in Religion/Christian Studies.

From there, I will start working, and in a couple of years -- provided I have the blessing of my bishop -- I will start the St. Stephen's course with the intention of earning a theology MA from the St. John of Damascus School of Theology of the University of Balamand.

__________________
Disclaimer: Any posts made before Nov. 2010 reflect vastly different stages of my life. I repent for all of them. I am sure this is not the last time I will say it.

[My CGR Blog]

CGR: The Decimation
[A chronicle of CGR's timestream disruption and eventual redemption]
TheProdigalModern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #32
is probably a Phantasm
 
acrossthesirion's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Durham
Posts: 1,211
Send a message via AIM to acrossthesirion
Woohoo! Got accepted into the Master of Divinity program at Duke.

I'll start there in the fall.
__________________
Love calls us to the things of this world. ~ St. Augustine
Figural Faith - Paper Lanterns - Remind Me...

Last edited by acrossthesirion; 02-29-2012 at 11:02 AM.
acrossthesirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #33
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Uptown Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 14,711
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrossthesirion
Woohoo! Got accepted into the Masters of Divinity program at Duke.

I'll start there in the fall.
I thought you were already enrolled in a Masters program? Or was I mistaken?
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 03:50 AM   #34
Person
 
to_be_released's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 1,114
Undergrad: BE in Electrical Engineering and BSc in Physiology (both complete)
Postgrad: Electrical Engineering, focussing on speech processing
to_be_released is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #35
is probably a Phantasm
 
acrossthesirion's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Durham
Posts: 1,211
Send a message via AIM to acrossthesirion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash View Post
I thought you were already enrolled in a Masters program? Or was I mistaken?
I completed my BA two years ago so I'm of the age, but am waiting for my wife to finish school this april to start.
__________________
Love calls us to the things of this world. ~ St. Augustine
Figural Faith - Paper Lanterns - Remind Me...
acrossthesirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #36
The Story Teller
 
Caged Love's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Anywhere but the city
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrossthesirion View Post
Woohoo! Got accepted into the Master of Divinity program at Duke.

I'll start there in the fall.
Awesome! Man I'm pumped for you, hope everything goes well for you!
__________________
"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?" Ravi Zacharias
Caged Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #37
ITALICS
Administrator
 
mtlmouth's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,400
paid
For the first time in far too long, I updated the list! Now I am bumping it, and you will all flood in with more corrections and added minors, and I will have to do it all over again.
mtlmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
The Elephant in Your Room
 
Ben Toast's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2011
Location: The Monks
Posts: 4,974
paid
I've got a year to a year and a half left of my Associate of Worship Arts program left (counting this semester), and as of now, I'm planning to pursue a degree in Christian Counseling afterward.
Also planning to take some classes on youth ministry and preaching, so I can have a bit more rounded knowledge on the book-end.
__________________
I hope that all is well in heaven, 'cause it's all shot to hell down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
...wives are expensive upkeep...
Ben Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #39
I'm on a horse.
 
Rainer.'s Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Seattle, WA.
Posts: 29,110
Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Well I've started Doctor of Optometry at the Illinois College of Optometry.

Anyone else up to anything new?
__________________
. . . j o n : [ FLICKR \ BLOG ]

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #40
Support Southern Rock
 
normajean777's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Republic of Alberta
Posts: 2,988
I graduated with a BCOMM, major in accounting a few months ago. My future plans are up in the air.
__________________
We are victims of pop culture.
normajean777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 03:07 AM   #41
got me a beard
 
SomeCallMeTim?'s Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2004
Location: the Great White North, eh?
Posts: 1,887
Whoa... I don't think I've ever met crazymoose, but I finished my physics at the same school in 2011. I am planning on being back in school next year for software development. I'll try to remember to post here if that goes through.
__________________
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper359 View Post
I like peanut butter, and I like jam, so what's to stop me from putting them together? People do it all the time.
SomeCallMeTim? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #42
Old School
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Geezerville
Posts: 55,881
I plan to start nursing school fall of 2014. I have a few prerequisites that I have to complete between now and then so I'll be taking classes starting in August to knock them all out. My eventual goal is to get my BSN.
__________________
Nothing (Without You)
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
YouTube
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #43
whatsisthisidonteven
 
SporkV's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Up a hill.
Posts: 4,997
I've got one semester left of Business Information Technology
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
What's the trick for the Hell level? I'm struggling through it atm. It's kicking my butt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
...Jesus?
SporkV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #44
The Story Teller
 
Caged Love's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Anywhere but the city
Posts: 755
Well I think I mentioned it in another thread somewhere, but I completed my Bachelors in Christian Ministry and have now been accepted into the M.A. of Apologetics at Southern Evangelical Seminary for this coming fall.
__________________
"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?" Ravi Zacharias
Caged Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #45
now a spiced muffin.
Administrator
 
beanbag's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2003
Location: the wood between the worlds
Posts: 10,763
paid
today is my first day of school. =O

starting a master's in theology at fuller seminary, hoping to be able to take the ancient near eastern studies track. (currently ancient languages are only offered at the main campus. my academic advisor is campaigning for me though.)
__________________
SAR: Girls are quick to think that they're the ugliest of God's creations, but without makeup--we know we are.

dumb statement du jour: a stadium's like a big building, right?

let me entertain you!
beanbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2