Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
Two pickup questions.

I have P90s.

1. My G string is quite a bit softer than every other string. I can play though every string, one by one on a chord or just open strings and it is very obvious that all of the others have much more volume than the G. They are the stock strings (I've yet to change them) so I don't know if changing them would fix that, but I couldn't really see how that would be the case. So does anybody know 1. why it would be quieter than all the others or 2. how to fix it?

2. My Bridge pickup is also much quieter than the neckup. I've tried lowering the neck pickup to match it and heightening the bridge pickup to match the neck, but neither of those worked as I couldn't get the bridge high enough or the neck low enough. Does anybody know any way that that could be fixed or is that just something I'll have to deal with? It's not the worst thing ever, but for some reason the neck is putting out a considerable amount more sound than the bridge, even though the bridge pickup physically looks closer to the strings.

jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
blessed beyond reason

Two pickup questions? I can do better than that... YouTube - weird al poodle hat Wanna B Ur Lovr

Oh, you probably didn' t mean that. Carry on. Did I mention I just got tickets to see Al in concert in August??
Unread 06-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamforchrist123 View Post
I have P90s.

1. My G string is quite a bit softer than every other string. I can play though every string, one by one on a chord or just open strings and it is very obvious that all of the others have much more volume than the G. They are the stock strings (I've yet to change them) so I don't know if changing them would fix that, but I couldn't really see how that would be the case. So does anybody know 1. why it would be quieter than all the others or 2. how to fix it?
Try raising the g string's pole piece a little.
Quote:
2. My Bridge pickup is also much quieter than the neckup. I've tried lowering the neck pickup to match it and heightening the bridge pickup to match the neck, but neither of those worked as I couldn't get the bridge high enough or the neck low enough. Does anybody know any way that that could be fixed or is that just something I'll have to deal with? It's not the worst thing ever, but for some reason the neck is putting out a considerable amount more sound than the bridge, even though the bridge pickup physically looks closer to the strings.
Generally this bedevils guitars when the same pickup is used for bridge and neck. Generally speaking, a hotter bridge pickup or cooler neck pickup would be required to fix this.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
Try raising the g string's pole piece a little.

Generally this bedevils guitars when the same pickup is used for bridge and neck. Generally speaking, a hotter bridge pickup or cooler neck pickup would be required to fix this.
Ok thanks. I thought about moving the pole pieces but again, I'm such a n00b when it comes to the guts of my gear that I wasn't 100% sure. And I emailed guitarfetish just asking about the pickups and if they had any suggestions other than just dealing with it. Thanks yall.
jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote