Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #1

Bass Lessons

Hello, I am like AK_Man, I bought an acoustic bass. It is Ibanez AEB10E-BK-14-02. I like it but I lke acoustic over electric. The only thing an electric is easier to play cause you don't have to press so hard.
I am looking for a site where I can get good lessons. free if possible. not cheap just a fixed income. if you all know what i mean.

beetle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-07-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
Hey, I can change this!!!

try youtube. there are a load of lessons on there.

I LIKE acoustic too.

I have 3 basses, one acoustic, one electric 4 and an electric 5

the acoustic is good for impromptu jam sessions and worship in a home setting, but in church it has to be the electrics.

I'm considering changing the neck in the 4 to a fretless, or I might just build myself an electric upright.......

luthier blog

Soundclick Developing Worship forum
martinedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #3

bass

thank you I will Try it. most of thr lessons are for electric. I guess they are the same.
beetle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #4

If you have the discipline, you can teach yourself, as I have. I invested in reputable self instruction manuals and a couple books on music theory. I took some lessons from a guy that could play well, but knew very little on how or why everything works, so I dropped him. By the way, I have a Michael Kelly acoustic/electric... great for plugged or not.
Zanderman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #5

the best site i've found for bass lessons is studybass.com

Stay Blessed!
waveofthinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #6

A second for studybass.com. I've also been watching random youtube videos. The TrueFire TV channel on youtube has some Stu Hamm vids. Like Zanderman said, you have to have discipline. I'm going to track down some good advice I found here and post a follow-up.

Maybe I didn't find it here or it was a cross-over user that posted it:

From Blackmore Fan @ strat-talk.com
"Make sure that you make it EASY to practice. If you don't have one already, get a guitar stand so that your guitar is alway OUT and just waiting for you to pick it up. If you play electric, make sure you not only have a guitar stand but make sure your guitar is plugged into the amp and that your amp is plugged into the wall. You want to create an environment where that if you're getting ready for school or work or to go out or whatever and realize that you have 10 minutes to kill that you can EASILY pick that guitar up and get some playing in. 10 minutes here, 20 minutes later in the day, and 15 more before bed can make a difference in your progress if you're playing each and every day."

I can only add that if you have active pickups, don't leave the cable plugged into your bass unless you have a lot of spare 9v's laying around.

Last edited by thesteve; 11-10-2010 at 11:05 AM.
cewhite is offline   Reply With Quote