Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-12-2002, 01:51 PM   #1
Unregistered

How do you change a Squier Stagemaster HSH's Strings?

I am at my wit's end here. I have seen instructions online to change a Floyd Rose but some how mine is different. Also please include how big your allen key was that you used(if you did). THANK YOU!

Sponsored Links
Unread 02-12-2002, 03:03 PM   #2
MISTER agreeable to you.

They're metric. I think you need a 2.5mm and a 3mm to adjust all the obscure parts of a floyd, but mine uses 3mm for the string clamps, the locking nut and to adjust the studs that set the bridge height.

I think the 2.5mm is just for adjusting the saddles to adjust intonation. Also my G&L uses a 2mm wrench to adjust tension on the trem. arm, but I don't think that's normal for a floyd. (or is it?)

I've seen a stagemaster, and the floyd rose certainly looked normal.

Each string goes into the saddle, and then is bent behind it, and held in place by a little metal block, right? Is that block being held their by a threaded rod? Does the end of that rod have an allen hole in it? That would be the usual design. If yours is different, I wouldn't know what to do with it.

Fender has been known to do some custom stuff with Floyds. I've seen Fenders that use floyds with non-locking nuts, and use locking tuners and roller nuts in some cases.

Anyways, if yours really is different, I'd be interested to hear about it. Can you post a closeup picture of it?
MisterAgreeable is offline   Reply With Quote