Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
Reminds me of this...

Quote:
Electro-Harmonix is pleased to announce what is sure to become an instant EHX classic: the Deluxe Stereo Micro Little Big PolyMuff with Wicker and Hazarai Plus. The DSMLBPMWHP combines our legendary discrete Input and Output jacks, along with an industry first: the option to bypass the True Bypass, so you can now finally explore the lush sonic frontiers of False Bypass.

Sean.thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #47
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Sean. That's awesome.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chups01098 View Post
im not discounting him for that. im discounting him because i dont think hes a good player. i think he relies on too much effects, and doesnt have much skill. he even said in te movie "look how boring this is without the effects..."
But the effects are an integral part of his sound, that's why it sounds boring without them. Just cause it's simple doesn't make it bad. He's a prime example of someone who can find simple things that fit the music really well. I admire that.
ibanez_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #49
on rye

Once again, I don't think the movie was trying to say anything about who the best guitarists are. That misses the point.

It says, "here is an instrument and what can be done with it. And here are three players that have done things with it."

The Edge isn't included because he's better than so-and-so, or more technically advanced than what's-his-face. He's included to show what you can do with the electric guitar. How you don't have to have your hand all over the fretboard, or have the perfect technique, or be able to play the solo that rocks the most, though most likely he's capable of that. Instead you can take something relatively, even drastically simple, and twist and mold the sound into whatever you want. It's a demonstration of the uniqueness and special nature of the electric guitar and how it can be so many different things to so many different people.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #50

I've seen the movie, and I think anyone who loves the guitar will enjoy the movie. What stood out for me in the movie is the passion for music that is shown by the three players. I especially enjoyed the segment where Jimmy Page is blissfully playing air guitar over Link Wray's "Rumble."

You can see the movie online via youtube if you do a search and don't mind watching the movie in 10 minute segments.
everyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric guitar, jack white, jimmy page, loud, the edge