Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Site Issues & Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofwar View Post
Okay, I couldn't find the original spot of this thread if it were moved, but due to its context I originally thought it was moved. If it was moved, like, what the heck. (I'm pretty sure it wasn't moved though, so my bad)
http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t183680/
It was moved. I moved it from SI&Q. 2 reasons:

1) CPF is the best place to find our IRC channel, historically all IRC chat-related stuff has been CPF based, and the IRC channel isn't part of our site.
2) The thread was waaaaay far gone off the cheap end, and had no real further use, as the question had already been answered.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #17
Super Mom

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofwar View Post
Okay, I couldn't find the original spot of this thread if it were moved, but due to its context I originally thought it was moved. If it was moved, like, what the heck. (I'm pretty sure it wasn't moved though, so my bad)
http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t183680/

Once the question was answered, which Rainer did right away by linking to the thread, there was no further serious discussion necessary. What more were you hoping to get from that thread that would have been answered in GD?

I agree with Art about the banana thread. I would have left it in Food and Cooking, but if it was started anywhere else I would have moved it to CPF. I don't see much opportunity for "general discussion" surrounding the topic of "if you have trouble peeling bananas, you're probably doing it wrong".

If you really do have trouble peeling bananas, you may want to talk to the helpful people in the Advice/Prayer Request forum.
Unread 12-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #18
Guitar Player...

I'll throw in my $.02... I've noticed what pengiun is talking about a few times. Pretty much what I see is legit threads that get made cheap by other posters. Rather than deleting or splitting the cheap posts, the whole thread is sent to CPF. I haven't said anything since I haven't posted in any of these threads and didn't really care about any of them. Its definetely not a huge deal, but something to watch out for . Thanks mod team for all your hard work!

Gear
Art & Lutherie Spruce with Quantum I Electronics
Agile AL-3100 -> GFT-90 Pedal Tuner -> SBN BDAB -> Danelectro Cool Cat Drive (OCD Clone) -> Boss DD-7 w/ homemade tap tempo -> Garnet Gnome
dtaylorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #19
His Indebted Barista

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlMom View Post
Moderators: it's important to let people know why threads are moved. Also, if someone pollutes an otherwise good thread, don't hesitate to delete the cheap posts or split the thread and send the cheap part off to CPF.
Thank you so much for making that statement. I was getting a little frustrated at the beginning of my posting, now I'm a little over it...meaning, it don't bother me anymore. But thank you.
Unread 12-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #20
Gone

Even awesomer than moving threads to CPF is moving threads from CPF to closed forums.

Give thanks to YHWH, for He is good!

Gone
Ted Logan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None