Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-16-2010, 02:30 AM   #76
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Every body is different. I am losing weight out of pockets in my belly. It is lame.

I am bad with eating before bed, too. It is something I struggle with on a nearly nightly basis.

Unread 06-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #77
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
As far as calorie counting goes, my wife has been using this site and really likes it. It has a calculator for approximate caloric intake in order to reach specific weight loss goals: MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

For home cooked meals she usually just estimates the ingredients.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #78
Gone

Jonular, adding weight training 2-3x per week for 30 minutes will supercharge your fat loss and you won't bulk up. Bulking requires nutritional and time commitments that you won't meet by accident.

I'm down to 162 and my waist is at 32 inches. I've added interval jogging to increase my fat loss.

Give thanks to YHWH, for He is good!

Gone
Ted Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #79
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
I am down under 170 for the first time since I moved. I am about to start doing the Couch to 5k program, with the hopes of running my first 5k in the fall. I hate running, but I am trying to learn to love it.
Unread 06-26-2010, 06:16 AM   #80
Gone

That is awesome, Art!

Gone
Unread 06-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #81
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
That should say 270. I am under 270. If I were under 170, I would be a stick.
Unread 06-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #82
Slappa da bass mon

Well up till this last week I had stopped my nightly 7-11 runs and cut back pop by like 75%... this last week I ate so much garbage and now I feel like crap. I never realized how bad junk food makes you feel.

Anywho on a happier note all my new pants (32 waists) are getting baggy on me and my old jeans (30in) fit again so
scared2mosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #83
Gone

I always hated running in the past, but I think that was because I was out of shape and trying to get in shape by running. Now I love my runs on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm still not able to run for 30 minutes straight, but I'll do intervals of like 6 minutes running and 2 minutes walking fast; I got 3.16 miles in 30 minutes on Thursday. It was pretty cool. I'm hoping that in a few weeks, it'll all come together.

Gone
Unread 07-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #84
Youngest Geezer Ever

Send a message via AIM to onebrickshy
I've always hated running cause I think I associate with punishment from high school sports but I've forced myself to start again last week. I hope to drop 20 lbs by september.
onebrickshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #85
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Logan View Post
I always hated running in the past, but I think that was because I was out of shape and trying to get in shape by running. Now I love my runs on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm still not able to run for 30 minutes straight, but I'll do intervals of like 6 minutes running and 2 minutes walking fast; I got 3.16 miles in 30 minutes on Thursday. It was pretty cool. I'm hoping that in a few weeks, it'll all come together.
Dang, man. That's a 30 minute 5K. That is exactly what my goal is for the race in the fall.
Unread 07-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #86

Do any of you guys notice that your skin breaks out everywhere when trying to get in shape? I have recently changed my diet and workout regiment...and my skin is terrible?! I am packing on coconut oil which is supposed to pH balance the skin....it isn't a fun journey....

On the note you guys are on...I have a hard time running 1km without passing out, I love the idea of running but once I start I hate it. Do any of you find that it is easier to run at certain times of the day?!
Adri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #87
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri View Post
Do any of you guys notice that your skin breaks out everywhere when trying to get in shape? I have recently changed my diet and workout regiment...and my skin is terrible?! I am packing on coconut oil which is supposed to pH balance the skin....it isn't a fun journey....

On the note you guys are on...I have a hard time running 1km without passing out, I love the idea of running but once I start I hate it. Do any of you find that it is easier to run at certain times of the day?!
I think it's easiest to run on an empty stomach, before breakfast or lunch. Also, the first mile for me is the worst - every ache and pain assaults me and I just want to quit. But after the first mile, it all passes away and I'm fine. For me, I couldn't have done it without audiobooks though. I need to be distracted by something that makes me think.

As for breaking out, my skin has gotten better since I started. I used to use an anti-breakout type facial cleanser, but now I just use the gentlest thing I could find - it's called Cetaphil here in the States. Maybe your skin just needs time to get used to the fact that you're going to make it sweat and it'll eventually balance, but what do I know?

Gone
Unread 07-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #88
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Cetaphil is, in fact, the bomb.

I have the best time if I eat a small meal about half an hour before I start my workout. Of course, that is usually my first meal of the day. I have messed up eating habits.
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #89

Just exceeded 5K for the first time. I think I did it in about 25 minutes. Without an iPod too, that was pretty boring! I've been struggling to get passed about 2.5 miles, and then I was able to suddenly pumping out 3.6--which is actually 5.7K--miles tonight. The one thing that I did differently is spend considerably more time warming up (I was shooting hoops for about 15 minutes beforehand)....I think I'll make a habit out of that. It feels pretty good! I just need to do this regularly, so that I can go beyond that at some point.

What do you guys do to warm up before going on a run? I like the idea of shooting hoops like I did today. I have a hard time just walking before running, but that's probably just too bad for me.

Last edited by Jonular; 07-11-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #90

Uuuurrrrrgggggggggghhhh. I hate set backs. So about 6 weeks ago I transitioned off the boat and transitions always are disruptive. I worked out pretty steady though at home for about 3 weeks, but it was pretty light. Then I hurt my back...on a roller coaster of all things. My back is just now feeling good enough to do some light work. In the next week or two I should be back to 100% and be able to tell how much ground I've lost. I can already tell I've put a little weight back on. I'll tell ya right now, getting old sucks.
jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote

« MLB 2016 | Softball »