Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

paid
Vick to Philly

thoughts on this? i am thinking they will use him wildcat style.

Sponsored Links
Unread 08-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
is still learning...

That sounds reasonable. I just wonder what's going on in Philly most of the time. They seem to always have clubhouse issues anyway, and I would expect his presence could only make it more interesting as well.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Art
Superfly.

paid
Interesting. Maybe they are already anticipating McNabb's annual injury.
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
Deets Go Here

I can't say it's necessarily a bad thing, but I am honestly shocked that any team would be willing to take a chance on him. Though his past should not be the end all be all, his past actions have been questionable, although not quite as bad as his brother.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Administrator
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
that is quite a lot to ask for someone that has been out of the league for a couple of years.
Unread 08-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
leafy greens!

The guy deserves a second chance, everyone does. Philly can't be thinking he'll be a real QB with McNabb still in the fold. I agree it would not make sense to ask someone who's been out of the league for a few years to step in and play quarterback. He'll see limited action at QB and provide an extra weapon with his feet. Who knows, maybe he'll return kicks.

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
tmlfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Call me Dusty Hill

Send a message via AIM to Iceman-bass14
We'll see.
Somewhere, a defensive coordinator just burst into tears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If someone asked me if I wanted to listen to Slayer or get kneed in the groin I would honestly have to think about it.
Iceman-bass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #8
Baby #2 is here!

Send a message via AIM to RipVanWinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Pure brilliance, my friend. That made me laugh...the 'OL' style

Gibson DC Std/Charvel TX Custom/MIK Fender Strat > Vol Pedal > Dano CC Drive > Dano CC Distortion > Dunlop Cry Baby > Dano CC Tremolo > Boss DD-5 > Korg 301dl/XTLive > Blackstar HT-20; Yamaha FGX730SCA

Check out my new Youth Ministry blog, www.studentswilleatyou.blogspot.com , leave a comment if you're from CGR!

RipVanWinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 06:59 AM   #9
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan123 View Post
The guy deserves a second chance, everyone does. .
I know he served his time, and usually, as a society, we embrace the notion of people getting second chances, but there are many, many occupations where convicted felons do not get another chance at that vocation. I wouldn't mind if the NFL adopted that positon. These are highly coveted jobs, and many qualified people could fill roles admirably. I also know the players union would not agree with the league adopting such a positon.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerSteve View Post
I know he served his time, and usually, as a society, we embrace the notion of people getting second chances, but there are many, many occupations where convicted felons do not get another chance at that vocation.
Very true. As a convicted felon one would lose a lot of their rights. A convicted felon would not be hired as a cop. Thus in some ways felons do not lose the right to a job, just the right to particular jobs. (Vick's job is a QB. He could have easily found other employment somewhere else.)

It's all about the money though. Cracking down on the behavior of the players is something that I believe all leagues should look at regardless of what sport, but that is a different thread altogether.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #11
The People's

It's an interesting move, one that could pay off big time for the Eagles. Still, there will be a media circus around the team.

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #12
Administrator
Administrator

paid
i agree, if vick still has his feet and moves prior to going to the slammer...he could be a real scary asset.
Unread 08-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #13
Call me Dusty Hill

Send a message via AIM to Iceman-bass14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerSteve View Post
I know he served his time, and usually, as a society, we embrace the notion of people getting second chances, but there are many, many occupations where convicted felons do not get another chance at that vocation. I wouldn't mind if the NFL adopted that positon. These are highly coveted jobs, and many qualified people could fill roles admirably. I also know the players union would not agree with the league adopting such a positon.
I wouldnt mind this,if the same standard was held for all felons in the NFL.I honestly am sick of all the outrage against Vick and his dogfighting,but when Ray Lewis was on stand for murder there didnt seem to be a huge outrage.Do I disagree with what Vick did?Absolutely.Is it worse than some felonies?Definitely.But if we're gonna get ticked off at this we should get ticked off at every other crime.(Note:this rant not aimed at you Steve because I think you were saying any convicted felon shouldnt be playing in the NFL,but its a just a vent aimed at noone in particular.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauler View Post
i agree, if vick still has his feet and moves prior to going to the slammer...he could be a real scary asset.
Agreed.And while his accuracy never was amazing,his arm would still provide for some scary scenario's if you line him up in a wildcat formation.Imagine Vick with his old moves,Mcnabb,Brian Westbrook,Desean Jackson,and Kevin Curtis on one side of the ball.It could make for some interesting formations and plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If someone asked me if I wanted to listen to Slayer or get kneed in the groin I would honestly have to think about it.
Iceman-bass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
I don't see this being done in order to be a backup to McNabb. Vick will most certainly be used for trick plays and Wildcat style offenses. I suppose its possible that after his time off Vick is still better than Kolb and Feeley, I would just be pretty surprised.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
recovering user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-bass14 View Post
Agreed.And while his accuracy never was amazing,his arm would still provide for some scary scenario's if you line him up in a wildcat formation.Imagine Vick with his old moves,Mcnabb,Brian Westbrook,Desean Jackson,and Kevin Curtis on one side of the ball.It could make for some interesting formations and plays.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote