Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > Academic > Foreign Languages > Español
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #1

Arrow Spanish and English bilingual worship songs with guitar chords

Hey everyone, I have worked extensively to put together a website that contains worship songs in BOTH English and Spanish. They also include the guitar chords. I know that many bilingual people search for the translations here so I thought I'd get the word out. Check it out and let me know what you think! Here's the address: alabanzaspraises.weebly.com

God bless!

Last edited by w126jep; 10-07-2010 at 12:13 PM.
w126jep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Rey de CGR

Very interesting! I'll have to use that sometime! I like the database .

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Rey de CGR

I've been using your database, and that's really an impressive thing you've done. I'd be interested, if you're still around, to know if you translated the songs or if they're just the already-translated Spanish versions?

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #4

For many of the songs, the translations were provided by different musical artists who sing them, to which I have the recordings. I will usually try to find the song already translated because it means someone has already gone through the time and work to do so and record it.

If I cannot find it, then I will go ahead and do the translation myself, which I've done with a few of the songs. All the songs that are originally in Spanish, I've had to translate to English myself. It seems that no music artists are really interested in doing Spanish to English.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
by hope we steer

This is FANTASTIC!

Thanks for sharing this so much, I'm going to be using it quite extensively in the future, as we do joint worship teams with the local church on occasions during our missions trips.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #6

I'm glad the website will help. It's all for God's glory. We should be able to praise Him in whatever language.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #7

Wow, that is a really cool site. After take 3 years of Spanish in school, I have a love of the language, and have been trying to find songs like these in Spanish for a while. Thanks for posting this!
BassDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #8

Thumbs up You're Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDave View Post
Wow, that is a really cool site. After take 3 years of Spanish in school, I have a love of the language, and have been trying to find songs like these in Spanish for a while. Thanks for posting this!
No problem. Do me a favor and tell others about it, I know there are lots of other people who are searching for a website just like it.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #9

Great resource just still very challenging for a non-spanish speaking person!
rfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #10

Question Challenging

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfreeman View Post
Great resource just still very challenging for a non-spanish speaking person!
Would you care to elaborate? What makes it challenging? How could I make it easier for non-Spanish speakers?
Old 03-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #11

Thank You

Thank you so much for creating that Spanish English Chorus site! It has been a huge help to me and the bilingual church I attend! I admit though, I prefer to be able to download everything in 2-3 pdfs like you had it in the past. But I just wanted to say thank you for doing this. It really is a blessing to the kingdom of God.
MunnyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #12

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnyBunny View Post
Thank you so much for creating that Spanish English Chorus site! It has been a huge help to me and the bilingual church I attend! I admit though, I prefer to be able to download everything in 2-3 pdfs like you had it in the past. But I just wanted to say thank you for doing this. It really is a blessing to the kingdom of God.
Thanks for your kind words. I only hope that it continues to be a blessing to the body of Christ. Please help spread the word so that others might be able to benefit from the many songs provided!

I took out the option to download all the songs at once for several reasons. One was that people usually go onto the site searching for just a few songs, not an entire library. Also, as I continued to add more and more songs, I had to continuously update the link with the new songs added, which became tedious. If there are several people who suggest the same thing, I might look into restoring the feature.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #13
Rey de CGR

Just so you know this wasn't in vain, I just went through and downloaded a ton of these songs tonight for a trip I'm taking to Peru, soon . Thank you so much for making this database!

Tags
bilingual, guitar chords, spanish praise, spanish worship songs