Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think on a scale to 1-10?
1 6 40.00%
2 3 20.00%
3 3 20.00%
4 2 13.33%
5 3 20.00%
6 1 6.67%
7 1 6.67%
8 1 6.67%
9 2 13.33%
10 1 6.67%
cave 3 20.00%
Sorry we did not believe you 2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #61
Overlord of Kentls
 
Kentl's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
I've had plenty of students starting out who have never picked up a guitar, I know what it sounds like to be working on it.
i ment my singing

__________________
i am forever his freind
i hope he can rest in peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by scared2mosh View Post
I honestly would have guessed the actual Kentl was mulletman and vice versa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnstein View Post
Apparently, he gave you persistence by the truckload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFK14 View Post
Ok, the fact you spelled that right proves it.
Kentl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #62
Enginerd
 
guitarman531's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,478
For me, the singing came after I played guitar for a bit. I really was a lousy vocalist, but my brain started becoming better at tones and such and I was able to pick up singing.

I'm no Josh Groban, but I can hold my own singing contemporary praise tunes.

Nice first try I agree with what has been said: focus on the timing and becoming consistent. Don't worry about speed now--just timing. Speed will come later.
__________________
-- guitarman531
_______________________________

guitarman531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #63
Registered User
 
crazymoose's Avatar
 

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 729
^I've been playing music for 8 years now. I have my grade 8 piano and 2 years of guitar, and I can't sing lol. I can barely manage to stay close to on key when I'm just singing, not doing anything else, and I can tell when I'm off and when I'm on I just can't fix it.
crazymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #64
Overlord of Kentls
 
Kentl's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,877
I started today at nine am it is now 4.50 here is how far I got
and i had onl like 20 videos now i got 500
i need to deleat some
Attached Files
File Type: avi IMAG0272.AVI (1.22 MB, 13 views)
__________________
i am forever his freind
i hope he can rest in peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by scared2mosh View Post
I honestly would have guessed the actual Kentl was mulletman and vice versa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnstein View Post
Apparently, he gave you persistence by the truckload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFK14 View Post
Ok, the fact you spelled that right proves it.
Kentl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #65
Heaven isn't too far away
 
gtrdave's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2004
Location: The First State
Posts: 6,730
Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentl View Post
I started today at nine am it is now 4.50 here is how far I got
and i had onl like 20 videos now i got 500
i need to deleat some
I hate to tell you, but if you were trying to stay in-time with that metronome click, you were way off from the first beat.
You may need to put the guitar down and try listening very closely to the clicking and then try to tap your hands or feet to the exact tempo of the clicks.
__________________
Lead, follow and get out of the way.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #66
I'm on a horse.
 
Rainer.'s Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Seattle, WA.
Posts: 29,118
Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
1) Slow it down more. The metronome is too fast for you to change chords smoothly at the moment. Play with no mistakes, and if you make one, start all over again; practice just the chord changes over and over again, one measure of each chord, if you have to.
2) Count:
D - - - | - - - - | G - - - | D - - -
1 2 3 4 | 1 2 3 4 | 1 2 3 4 | 1 2 3 4


And so on.
__________________
. . . j o n : [ FLICKR \ BLOG ]

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:03 PM   #67
Overlord of Kentls
 
Kentl's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave View Post
I hate to tell you, but if you were trying to stay in-time with that metronome click, you were way off from the first beat.
You may need to put the guitar down and try listening very closely to the clicking and then try to tap your hands or feet to the exact tempo of the clicks.
for real? i am starting to hear clicks form nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
1) Slow it down more. The metronome is too fast for you to change chords smoothly at the moment. Play with no mistakes, and if you make one, start all over again; practice just the chord changes over and over again, one measure of each chord, if you have to.
2) Count:
D - - - | - - - - | G - - - | D - - -
1 2 3 4 | 1 2 3 4 | 1 2 3 4 | 1 2 3 4


And so on.
okay is it Normal for you to start to hate the song?
__________________
i am forever his freind
i hope he can rest in peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by scared2mosh View Post
I honestly would have guessed the actual Kentl was mulletman and vice versa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnstein View Post
Apparently, he gave you persistence by the truckload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFK14 View Post
Ok, the fact you spelled that right proves it.

Last edited by thesteve; 06-20-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Kentl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #68
Registered User
 
crazymoose's Avatar
 

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 729
^yep. I did my grade 8 piano a couple years ago which meant the same 5-6 songs over and over all year. I hated them all by the end.
crazymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #69
Overlord of Kentls
 
Kentl's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymoose View Post
^yep. I did my grade 8 piano a couple years ago which meant the same 5-6 songs over and over all year. I hated them all by the end.
well that sucks the reeseon i want to leren the song is that i use to like it
__________________
i am forever his freind
i hope he can rest in peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by scared2mosh View Post
I honestly would have guessed the actual Kentl was mulletman and vice versa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnstein View Post
Apparently, he gave you persistence by the truckload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFK14 View Post
Ok, the fact you spelled that right proves it.
Kentl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #70
Semper ubi sub ubi!
 
1/2-Fast Player's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,703
Yeah, but if you'll learn to play it well then other people will learn to like it.

Your chord changes aren't smooth and it's really messing up your timing.

You might try just fingering the D chord and strumming with the metronome for a while until you can stay perfectly in time with it. Once you can stay in time, play a few bars of D then switch to the G and play a few bars and go back and forth, concentrating on staying perfectly in time with the metronome.

If you can't stay in time while changing chords, slow down until you reach a tempo where you can.
__________________
I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1/2
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #71
Overlord of Kentls
 
Kentl's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2-Fast Player View Post
Yeah, but if you'll learn to play it well then other people will learn to like it.

Your chord changes aren't smooth and it's really messing up your timing.

You might try just fingering the D chord and strumming with the metronome for a while until you can stay perfectly in time with it. Once you can stay in time, play a few bars of D then switch to the G and play a few bars and go back and forth, concentrating on staying perfectly in time with the metronome.

If you can't stay in time while changing chords, slow down until you reach a tempo where you can.
i am trying
here is one more i got to go to bed
i spent 9 hours on this song today
Attached Files
File Type: avi IMAG0299.AVI (1.65 MB, 18 views)
__________________
i am forever his freind
i hope he can rest in peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by scared2mosh View Post
I honestly would have guessed the actual Kentl was mulletman and vice versa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnstein View Post
Apparently, he gave you persistence by the truckload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFK14 View Post
Ok, the fact you spelled that right proves it.
Kentl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #72
...
 
thesteve's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 30,142
Send a message via AIM to thesteve
I almost wonder if you're spending too much time playing the guitar and not enough time thinking about what you're playing. Back when I was in an active learning mode I found that if I would practice for an hour or two followed by a long break of doing something else that I would be more likely to learn the song than if I was to just practice for hours on end. The reason for this was because at a certain point I would just be playing tired and frustrated and I would get sloppier because I was pushing beyond my own limitations.

This isn't to say that you should put 15 minutes into a new song and call it a day, but that at a certain point you just stop retaining anything that you are trying to learn.
__________________
We've all got ideas. We are the music makers. We make money to buy things, and write down words.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #73
Overlord of Kentls
 
Kentl's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I almost wonder if you're spending too much time playing the guitar and not enough time thinking about what you're playing. Back when I was in an active learning mode I found that if I would practice for an hour or two followed by a long break of doing something else that I would be more likely to learn the song than if I was to just practice for hours on end. The reason for this was because at a certain point I would just be playing tired and frustrated and I would get sloppier because I was pushing beyond my own limitations.

This isn't to say that you should put 15 minutes into a new song and call it a day, but that at a certain point you just stop retaining anything that you are trying to learn.
I am still off on it huh I guess I will try what you say
i am tired of the song tired of the clicks and what to smash my computer with my gutair i think i might want to take a break
__________________
i am forever his freind
i hope he can rest in peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by scared2mosh View Post
I honestly would have guessed the actual Kentl was mulletman and vice versa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnstein View Post
Apparently, he gave you persistence by the truckload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFK14 View Post
Ok, the fact you spelled that right proves it.
Kentl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #74
Overlord of Kentls
 
Kentl's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,877
new song plesase

i cant play Jesus loves me anymore
can i get a new song (with out full chrods?)
pick the most eazy song you can think og please no just chords please (i am not good at chords or something i dont know)
__________________
i am forever his freind
i hope he can rest in peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by scared2mosh View Post
I honestly would have guessed the actual Kentl was mulletman and vice versa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnstein View Post
Apparently, he gave you persistence by the truckload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFK14 View Post
Ok, the fact you spelled that right proves it.
Kentl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #75
I'm on a horse.
 
Rainer.'s Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Seattle, WA.
Posts: 29,118
Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentl View Post
i cant play Jesus loves me anymore
can i get a new song (with out full chrods?)
pick the most eazy song you can think og please no just chords please (i am not good at chords or something i dont know)
DO NOT GIVE UP.


You're getting closer. You are almost, there, really. You can take a break from playing for a bit, but I highly advise that if you decide to play, you see this one through.
__________________
. . . j o n : [ FLICKR \ BLOG ]

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2