Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Music & Musicians > Hardware > Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #1

Anyone else own a Boss ME-70?

Just wanted to know if anyone else has a Boss ME-70? I've had mine for a couple of months now and I think it's great. It works so wll for what I do at church. Anyone else use one, try one? Any ME70 owners with patch settings to try?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
not so bright

Nope...never had one. I've had a few multi-effects pedals over the years. The last one I had was a Boss GT-8. I've NEVER been a big fan of multi-effects and I doubt I'll ever go back.

Some of my gear.
tenwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
animest4r

Send a message via MSN to animest4r Send a message via Yahoo to animest4r
i owned one and i use it all the time playing in the church and outside with my other band.

what i usually do when playing in church is for preamp i set it to 1 (EQ), reverb set at 15, for modulation i set to 1 (chorus) - rate at 15 to 20 depth at 80 to 90, for delay i set to 7 (cho + delay) it's great for worship - time set at 15 to 25 feedback set at 25. and for praise (joyful songs) i turn off modulation and delay (depends on a song) and add distotion. i like to use modern - drive set at 20 (sometimes less, if i don't want it too distorted) tone set at 60. mind you, you have to adjust each level to your liking and i play this through a fender blues jr. at church. but outside band i use a peavey and i adjust the EQ to suit my sound. fender amps are so bright and twangy (if you know what i mean) i use a line6 spider jam at home and i leave the ME-70 in the church,

hope this helps. for songs like "i am free" i add another delay pedal the mxr carbon copy. i also have an acoustic simulator which i use when i want to hear acoustic.

my setup goes like this...yamaha rgx312 guitar to boss acoustic simulator to mxr carbon copy to boss me-70 left (mono) output to fender blues jr and (right) output to mixer. email me for other questions. i dont have my Me-70 at home, i always leave it at the church.

God Bless.....
animest4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #4

I had an ME-50 for a while. I liked it for its modulation effects, they were pretty decent, but I could never get into the amp modeling/overdrive sections. Pretty good pedal overall though, and Boss builds everything like a tank, it should never break.

Vox AC30CC1

Sennheiser G2 300 Wireless Receiver, T1M Input Selection w/ MiniBuffer, Korg Pitchblack, Ernie Ball VP Jr (2x), Boss LS-2, SaturnWorks Mini Bypass Looper, Vox V847 Wah, SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster, Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde, Fulltone Fulldrive 2, TenWatt Rat Clone, Strymon Bluesky, Barber Tonepress, Visual Sound GarageTone Tremolo, Visual Sound H2O, Eventide Timefactor w/ customer T1M footswitch

Carvin C750TS
Alvarez RD8C (w/ custom mod job )

Quality transactions with: Gaetano Paul, Chocolate Bear, S.B. Nichols, Almost Enough, relient nelson, snizzle
ibanez_dude is offline   Reply With Quote