Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #481
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Went up against the first place team tonight and caught them on a bad one. They put up 19 in their first game but came up short by four or so against my team. Our OF played really tight and they just weren't hitting as well as they normally do. We strung a few solid innings together and walked away with the win.

I went 3-3 tonight with two doubles and a triple.
27-44 on the season.

I'm a podcaster

Last edited by thesteve; 11-15-2016 at 01:59 AM.
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-15-2016, 02:08 AM   #482
Administrator

Tonight was the opposite of last week. We played the second place team and got crushed. They batted around in the first and I think the second innings. I'm not sure the final score but I know we were trailing by around 25 going into the last half inning. They just strung together hit after hit and we didn't hit at all when it was our turn. I went 2-2 with a pair of singles, and those two hits were the 3rd and I think 5th hits of the game.

We will go into the places as the three seed to play against Thursday night's 2nd seed. I'm not particularly optimistic about our chances, but anything can happen.

Tonight the ump asked if I knew why I was batting so low in the order. I don't know if other guys complained (his theory) or what, but I know I started the season batting 3rd or 4th guy and finished the season batting 6th guy. In a league where every third batter is a girl, that puts me in the 8 spot. I didn't bring it up with the manager because it's not my team (three of us were fill ins), but it definitely didn't make sense to anyone paying attention. I went out week after week and just tried to do my thing, but it was definitely hard to watch the guys ahead of me do worse than I did at the plate. I'm definitely looking forward to my old team coming back to the league.

29-46 to end the season.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 11-18-2016, 01:15 AM   #483
Administrator

We played the first round of the playoffs tonight and got bounced. We actually played a pretty strong game for the first few innings and had a 5 run lead at one point. Then they started stringing hits together, tying up the game in one inning and eventually getting a big lead. We lost the game by 11 (not sure of the actual final). I had a solid night overall. Got burned on one fly ball that I wasn't positioned right for, and made a great play on another. I went 4-4 at the plate with two singles and two HRs.

33-50 to finish up.

I'm a podcaster