LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2002, 10:22 AM   #61

Hey I got a Les Paul Studio!

tedfifpodrelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-18-2002, 08:20 PM   #62
im usually confused

Send a message via AIM to *guitarchick2*
i got an epiphone lp studio lol which is nice but i took off the pick guard cuz i think it looks better... one day im gonna get a gibson tho... one day
*guitarchick2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2002, 08:26 PM   #63
Ramen Noodle Alchemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Strider
All I have is a Squier Strat, but Im hoping to upgrade to something more substantial pretty soon.
Unread 02-18-2002, 09:44 PM   #64
A Random Guy

Send a message via AIM to R2D2
Quote:
Originally posted by kupcguitarkid
Never buy guitars off the net

EVERY SINGLE guitar is different from the next one. It doesnt matter if theyre the same model. Theyre all different and have different sounds. Many 2000 dollar guitars sound like a 300 dollar guitar. Then again, many 2000 dollar guitars sound real nice. :kcool:
Yes, I agree that every guitar sounds different. Even within the same $2000 model of some guitars, you'll find ones that are worth every penny and one's that aren't worth $300. However, that said, I wouldn't worry about this being a problem with a PRS. When I was looking into what kind of guitar I was going to get, I heard from store employees that they frequently send Gibson's and Fender's back to the shop because they're just not consistent. Some are wonderful, and some aren't. But, with PRS's, they said they never have to send any back. Quality Control over at PRS is top notch. Yes, every guitar of theirs is still different. Every guitar has it's own tonal character. But every PRS guitar is still top-notch. Everyone has a different idea of what their "holy-grail" tone is, so no guitar can please everyone in this area. No matter what guitar you buy, there's a good potential that after playing it for a while that you'll discover that it really doesn't do it for you tonally. But, with a PRS, you'll never have to worry about quality of the finish, wiring, fretwork, intonation, trem, tuners, etc. EVERYTHING on these guitars are top notch. The trem is not a locking version like a floyd rose but it stays in tune just as well if not better then a floyd. The PRS locking tuners work incredibly well. And in the event you bought a PRS off ebay and decided you didn't like it, you can always sell it right back, and you won't have lost any money.

If you'd like to get an affordable PRS, I suggest looking into the PRS Santana SE. It's a "poor man's PRS," so to speak. It's actually manufactured in Korea, but it goes through the PRS factory in Maryland before it goes out to be sold, so they check it to make sure it still meets their rigirous standards. Pretty much everything I've read about it has been overwhelmingly positive. I've heard it said that it plays better then any other guitar under $2000. It doesn't have the pretty top that other PRS's have, but for pure playability for the dollar, it can't be beat. List on it is about $750, but they're holding a special sale at musiciansfriend.com and guitar center for $399. Pretty darn good deal if you ask me.
Unread 02-18-2002, 10:05 PM   #65
fill your lungs with air.

Send a message via AIM to Josh Send a message via MSN to Josh
I mostly play my Fender Standard Strat. I also have a Sigma acoustic/electric. And last (and least) is my Samick..... I don't know what it is. Well, it's old. I also could own a Yamaha if I wanted... but the B string goes out of tune really quickly (about a half step down). If I get a job anytime soon (everyone keeps bugging me) I'll buy an Ephipone Les Paul Custom Flametop. It looks sooooooooo sweet!

As for amps, I have a small Danelectro Dirty/Sweet amp (10 or 12 inch I think). I also have a small Samick that doesn't work anymore. And I have a Fender half-stack. By the way, for some reason the sound of the guitar gets louder or softer depending on where you are in comparison to the 4x12.... any idea why it does this. Nothing is wrong with any of the speakers I don't think.

Josh
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2002, 11:19 PM   #66
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by R2D2

Yes, I agree that every guitar sounds different. Even within the same $2000 model of some guitars, you'll find ones that are worth every penny and one's that aren't worth $300. However, that said, I wouldn't worry about this being a problem with a PRS. When I was looking into what kind of guitar I was going to get, I heard from store employees that they frequently send Gibson's and Fender's back to the shop because they're just not consistent. Some are wonderful, and some aren't. But, with PRS's, they said they never have to send any back. Quality Control over at PRS is top notch. Yes, every guitar of theirs is still different. Every guitar has it's own tonal character. But every PRS guitar is still top-notch. Everyone has a different idea of what their "holy-grail" tone is, so no guitar can please everyone in this area. No matter what guitar you buy, there's a good potential that after playing it for a while that you'll discover that it really doesn't do it for you tonally. But, with a PRS, you'll never have to worry about quality of the finish, wiring, fretwork, intonation, trem, tuners, etc. EVERYTHING on these guitars are top notch. The trem is not a locking version like a floyd rose but it stays in tune just as well if not better then a floyd. The PRS locking tuners work incredibly well. And in the event you bought a PRS off ebay and decided you didn't like it, you can always sell it right back, and you won't have lost any money.

If you'd like to get an affordable PRS, I suggest looking into the PRS Santana SE. It's a "poor man's PRS," so to speak. It's actually manufactured in Korea, but it goes through the PRS factory in Maryland before it goes out to be sold, so they check it to make sure it still meets their rigirous standards. Pretty much everything I've read about it has been overwhelmingly positive. I've heard it said that it plays better then any other guitar under $2000. It doesn't have the pretty top that other PRS's have, but for pure playability for the dollar, it can't be beat. List on it is about $750, but they're holding a special sale at musiciansfriend.com and guitar center for $399. Pretty darn good deal if you ask me.
does anyone disagree with this? this sounds pretty good.. does anyone have any cautions/problems/disagreements?
Unread 02-18-2002, 11:36 PM   #67
GARTH

back to the topic

ive got a Fender Stratocaster =)
Its Deep Deep Blue that turns deep purple...sorta
Unread 02-28-2002, 09:28 AM   #68

G&L F100 Series 1
boogeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2002, 09:43 AM   #69

Godin Radiator - (pace car blue with pearloid pickguard) I love it, but then again, that's when I get sick of playing my various 6 & 12 string A/Es. As a mainly acoustic player, I may not be the best judge of a decent electric. I would like the pickups to be a little warmer. They are tinny sounding to me.

Last edited by dakota; 02-28-2002 at 09:46 AM.
dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2002, 09:45 AM   #70
Cheesemonkey

right now I have a Kramer Striker ST, it was my first guitar, and my Uncle got it for me, so I won't get rid of it, but here pretty soon I'm getting a Epiphone Les Paul. And in the close Future I'm getting a Larrivee acoustic.
Unread 03-01-2002, 02:16 AM   #71

My list, favorite first:

Jackson Rhoads (neck-thru, the real deal) with EMG's and a Floyd
Steinberger GM series (well, not anymore...ebay...crying)
Washburn N1 (Added Kahler Tremelo system)...for sale
Washburn A-15V (replaced 3 single coils with EMG Humbuckers) added Kahler
Alvarez Acoustic
Broken Jackson (Unknown model) Bolt on strat shape with 3 humbuckers no trem
Broken Fender Strat
Twice Broken Ibanez RG series
(yes, I broke 'em myself...I hang my head in shame)

Ya wanna get into amps now? :kcool:

Last edited by makemead; 03-01-2002 at 02:55 AM.
makemead is offline   Reply With Quote