Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseiy View Post
Alright just another idea........ Get a cheap guitar from Rondo replace a bunch of parts with Guitar Fetish parts. I'll have a cheap beater and I'll learn about guitar. And then I get the guitar I really want for Christmas/Birthday (Theyre really really close together) plus my own money. Then I could probably break the $1000 dollar price range with a couple hundred to spare. Eh?
I can safely say you'll regret that... I tried that with my $80 Tele, you're just throwing good money out for bad. Even EVH said his sub-100 frankenstrats were junk.

For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
This negatively affected my tone in ways that I just can't describe.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
So, it's my belief that tone is in the soap.
Thank you and goodnight.
nbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #47
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbfan View Post
I can safely say you'll regret that... I tried that with my $80 Tele, you're just throwing good money out for bad. Even EVH said his sub-100 frankenstrats were junk.
If you want next to nothing for a good guitar, get yourself a peavey predator USA, replace the pickups and bingo, good guitar. Or a Peavey Generations tele clone (once again MIA) those are solid and cheap as well, and are worth messing with.

Try this one

that would be better than a rondo.

So would this
Or this one

My Life.

Last edited by BillSPrestonEsq; 09-17-2008 at 12:05 PM.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #48
Poster Boy for G.A.S

Send a message via AIM to Joseiy
Well the thing is I do not have a guitar right now to play at all. And I was thinking that maybe If I spent like $200 now I could get maybe $500 dollars more with various Christmas and birthday stuff. But it was just an idea.......

I thought I had GAS...I'm nominating you for the official poster boy.
Electric Guitars Fender Highway One Telecaster
Amps Vox AC15 W/ Jensen Modtone, Crate V50
Effects Korg Pitchblack, SBN BDAB ,SBN Lil Eagle, EHX Holy Grail
Powered by a Visual Sound 1 Spot,
Joseiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #49
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Well the thing is I do not have a guitar right now to play at all. And I was thinking that maybe If I spent like $200 now I could get maybe $500 dollars more with various Christmas and birthday stuff. But it was just an idea.......
the ones I pointed out were well under 200. And were solid MIA guitars that should last a lifetime. I have an old charvel for sale for $125 thats MIK. Personally, I like the peaveys better, but its a solid axe as well.

My Life.
Unread 09-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #50
Poster Boy for G.A.S

I'm not a big fan of strats.......
But anyways since I do not have a working guitar right now I guess what I'm asking is should I wait for the extra bucks I get Christmas time or should I got ahead and get a guitar right now?
I'm kinda leaning towards the 52 Ri Telecaster-wise those look like they go from anywhere from $800-$900. SG's are a little bit cheaper $600-$900. I'm selling the Orange Cabinet and a pedal today so I'll have around $530........

Unread 09-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #51
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of strats.......
But anyways since I do not have a working guitar right now I guess what I'm asking is should I wait for the extra bucks I get Christmas time or should I got ahead and get a guitar right now?
I'm kinda leaning towards the 52 Ri Telecaster-wise those look like they go from anywhere from $800-$900. SG's are a little bit cheaper $600-$900. I'm selling the Orange Cabinet and a pedal today so I'll have around $530........
What do you want? SG, or tele? I bet you can find a used one in budget. A tele style Peavey will run you around 200 and they go up routinely.

My Life.
Unread 09-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #52
Poster Boy for G.A.S

Umm hmm I'm thinking the Tele might be more suited for the style of Music I play... I just found a guy on craigslist emailed him (I'm first in line ) and he has a black American Standard Tele with Fender Molded hardshell case. But it's about an hour away. Is that a good enough deal to drive if he doesn't want to meet halfway?

Unread 09-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #53

Quote:
Umm hmm I'm thinking the Tele might be more suited for the style of Music I play... I just found a guy on craigslist emailed him (I'm first in line ) and he has a black American Standard Tele with Fender Molded hardshell case. But it's about an hour away. Is that a good enough deal to drive if he doesn't want to meet halfway?
How much would he sell it for?
For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
This negatively affected my tone in ways that I just can't describe.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
So, it's my belief that tone is in the soap.
Thank you and goodnight.
nbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #54
Poster Boy for G.A.S

Oops I forgot $600 dollars.