Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Other CGR Stuff > CGR News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

paid
New Features and Thoughts

i just wanted everyone to know that we will be upgrading to vb 3.7.3 next week. this means that the default settings in vb will have new user profiles, and more ability to connect w/ other people. We are going to do the upgrades prob starting wednesday of next week. and take care of some troubleshooting and glitches on the back end.

also, as i was reviewing the analytics on our site and looking for more ways to promote it, i was really encouraged by what i saw. i dont know if you all know, but this site literally has a world impact. there are very few countries that this site does not touch.

the top countries we get visits from every month obviously are from the us, canada, uk, and australia. but we have a considerable number of visitors from countries where there perhaps is only a drop of Christ's presence. im talking about countries like...

japan – 5296 visits
china – 3662
united arab emirates - 1998
saudi arabia - 1104
antarctica - 1 (stayed for a few min)

i also thought about the fact that people that look for this site prob either lead worship in some way or at the very least are believers. it was really encouraging to know that there are people in those countries that are thinking of our God, and that maybe our site has a hand in facilitating the good news of Christ in the far reaches of the earth.

i guess i wanted to encourage you all and let you know that the work that you all do in putting up tabs and the discussions on the forum have a worldwide impact, and to encourage you to continue to help promote the site by linking back to us. b/c you never know who is going to find that link...it could be someone in antarctica...

Sponsored Links
Unread 09-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Now with Banstick™

Send a message via AIM to Gustin Send a message via MSN to Gustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Kim View Post
japan – 5296 visits
china – 3662
united arab emirates - 1998
saudi arabia - 1104
antarctica - 1 (stayed for a few min)
Looking forward to the updates.

Are those numbers unique visitors or total number of visits from those locations?
Gustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
im baman

Coolness!
Sean.thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Administrator
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crstngtrplyr77 View Post
Looking forward to the updates.

Are those numbers unique visitors or total number of visits from those locations?
just visits...im only given the number of visits when looking at the map overlay of google analytics
Unread 09-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #5
Formerly Registered User

total sweetness.

any specifics on the new profiles and the ability to connect??
Unread 09-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
Taster of Pork!

How are the upgrades going to affect connecting with other people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo
Know him? He was delicious!!
JerRocks2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #7
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerRocks2day View Post
How are the upgrades going to affect connecting with other people?
Well... first off there's a new option that lets one user transfer excess body fat to somebody who does not have enough body fat. It's called Lipotransfer and vBulletin has been working on this technology for almost eleven centuries.

Second... over the internet blood transfusions. See, at first they thought this idea was crazy and the first trials were hugely unsuccessful due to people getting the wrong types of blood, one man even was somehow mistakenly given coca-cola instead of blood and he kinda fizzled out. But now they test for blood types and sodas.

Third... you can now put on the new vGloves and give realistic feeling handshakes.

Fourth... Smilies now really do what they're supposed to. Ex. would give the recipient an electric impulse that would simulate a real kiss. gives the recipient a rose. is my personal fav.

Fifth... any post containing 100 or more grammatical errors will result in electrocution and cyanide poisoning simultaneously ensuring that user will not make the same mistakes again.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX View Post
Fifth... any post containing 100 or more grammatical errors will result in electrocution and cyanide poisoning simultaneously ensuring that user will not make the same mistakes again.
Dang it! No more site growth and lawsuits from n00b's families.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 12:51 AM   #9
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
Dang it! No more site growth and lawsuits from n00b's families.
Well.. I wasn't gonna mention this because it would spread fear into way too many people but the last feature is called UltraBan. Only Admin's who have achieve superawesomemanlybamf status, like yourself, may use this feature. It not only bans them, their entire family, and their pets with one click of the button, but it sends heat seeking missiles and makes them permanently chafed for the rest of their lives, just in case they survive the missile attack.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
Administrator
Administrator

paid
i will confirm that the new vb will let mods delete spam easier

Quote:
Inline Spam Management and Prevention Tools

Forum spam is an increasing problem for many boards. Unfortunately, due to the visible-source nature of vBulletin and most other forum systems, most preventative measures we might add to the system can simply be reverse-engineered and worked around by persistent spammers.

Therefore, 3.7 contains a new set of tools to help clean up spam and deal with spammers.

Threads and posts can be selected in the usual inline moderation fashion, and then the new 'Delete Threads/Posts as Spam' command can be selected, which will load the spam management interface, which contains options on a single page for removing the spam posts and threads, banning the spammers and finding other spam they may have posted.
friends on the boards can connect easier

Quote:
Reciprocal Friendships Between Users

As part of our new social networking system, users can now request that people on their buddy list confirm their friendship, after which time a person's list of confirmed friends will be viewable to other users.
public messaging system

Quote:
While private messages between users have been in vBulletin since version 2.0, vBulletin 3.7 introduces the public messaging system, allowing users to communicate publicly via their profile pages.
user picture gallery

Quote:
vBulletin users can now create albums and upload pictures to their account.
there will be user created social groups

Quote:
To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, vBulletin now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups.
whole new user profiles...that can be customized by the user

and there are more to come...
Unread 09-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #11
The People's

Intriguing. Those are some interesting features.

Pass it to Bulis!
Hooray for Gooba! on MySpace | The Neverknown on MySpace | Ranch Barkner on MySpace | Jacqueline Deepsearch on MySpace
"I get excited about lima beans!" ~Pre-Ex-Girlfriend

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Songs 2:15

zXe
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to RK_lover Send a message via MSN to RK_lover Send a message via Yahoo to RK_lover Send a message via Skype™ to RK_lover
The new User profile reminds me alot of facebook for some reason...should be interesting!
Unread 09-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
Tired of being attacked

I may make it a point not to use the friends feature...

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 06:22 AM   #14
i fail!

Send a message via AIM to BrianG_SOBand
its like myspace.. and facebook. .and such.. but whatever i like it.

"Take my life and let it be, all for you and for you glory. Take my life and let it be yours"

The Only Gear that a Worship Band Needs is Gods Anointing!

Myspace- www.myspace.com/brianmatthewgoff
Aim- Musicboy2k4
Bands myspace- www.myspace.com/steppinoutworship
My Songs
BrianG_SOBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #15
Formerly Registered User

That's pretty cool.
when should we be getting these updates??