Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > Devotionals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
I'm forgiven.

Send a message via Yahoo to Guitarman121319
Diversity: Is it wrong for a white to marry a black?

Theres this person in my church who thinks it is. So I wrote this:

The bible says in gen. 1:26 "Then God said 'Lets us make man in our image, according to our likeness...' " In gen. 1:27 " So God created man in his own image; In the image of God He created them: male and female He created them" So if we where made in the image of God, we must all be made in the same image. What color is your blood? What color is your black friends blood? I know you said red. We are all the same.

There are people you should not marry. This is the person who does not believe the way you do, or is not equally yoked with you. 1 cor. 6:14 " Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers: For what fellowship has righteousness and lawlessness? For what communication has both light and darkness? The color of skin can not get in the way of things. The color of skin can not cause debates. Two different believes can get in the way of things. Two different believes can cause debates. If white has to marry white and black has to marry black. Should Blue eyes have to marry blue eyes? Should hazel eyes have to marry hazel eyes?

Last edited by Guitarman121319; 08-28-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Guitarman121319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Lieutenant Commander

I agree. Black, white, yellow, brown, red...whatever. It doesn't matter.

A d A s t r a P e r A l a s P o r c i
slap_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
I'm forgiven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slap_j View Post
I agree. Black, white, yellow, brown, red...whatever. It doesn't matter.
Yes, if the color of skin makes a difference, than the color of eyes would and how tall you are would, how wide you are would etc.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #4

There are much more important issues to choosing a spouse than the color of their skin. What a person believes is more important than how they look. I can't think of anywhere in the Bible where it is even hinted at the people of different ethnic backgrounds shouldn't marry. Other than some OT references to Jewish people not marrying non-jews, but I believe that was for religious not ethnic reasons.
Folk_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
I'm forgiven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folk_guy View Post
There are much more important issues to choosing a spouse than the color of their skin. What a person believes is more important than how they look. I can't think of anywhere in the Bible where it is even hinted at the people of different ethnic backgrounds shouldn't marry. Other than some OT references to Jewish people not marrying non-jews, but I believe that was for religious not ethnic reasons.
I agree.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
Taster of Pork!

Kinda reminds me of a song by Michael Jackson.

This is a pretty good devotional. I know that the two main leaders[youth pastor, senior pastor] are married and they both are of different races. They make such a great couple.

P.S.
I think you spelled belief wrong.

I am also working on a bunch of other projects, and attempting to contribute to my college paper.

my blog on my life.
my deviantart profile
Down in Deep 13-- my new blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
Everything Tastes like a Pig---A PIGG!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo
Know him? He was delicious!!
JerRocks2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #7
I'm forgiven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerRocks2day View Post
Kinda reminds me of a song by Michael Jackson.

This is a pretty good devotional. I know that the two main leaders[youth pastor, senior pastor] are married and they both are of different races. They make such a great couple.

P.S.
I think you spelled belief wrong.
Really?

Thanks! I have a cousin who only has taste for black woman. My family rebukes him for it. (Not my mom, dad and brother but the rest.) I praise him for it. Shes kind, respectful, honest etc. He dress like a gangster he's not he just dresses like one. (I personally don't like the style) His girl friend has him wearing more respectful clothes.

P.S.
Sorry.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
my title is... i dunno.

obama's parent were one black and one white. i think

PS
don't worry about mispelling
taykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #9
Registered Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman121319 View Post
Theres this person in my church who thinks it is. So I wrote this:

The bible says in gen. 1:26 "Then God said 'Lets us make man in our image, according to our likeness...' " In gen. 1:27 " So God created man in his own image; In the image of God He created them: male and female He created them" So if we where made in the image of God, we must all be made in the same image. What color is your blood? What color is your black friends blood? I know you said red. We are all the same.

There are people you should not marry. This is the person who does not believe the way you do, or is not equally yoked with you. 1 cor. 6:14 " Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers: For what fellowship has righteousness and lawlessness? For what communication has both light and darkness? The color of skin can not get in the way of things. The color of skin can not cause debates. Two different believes can get in the way of things. Two different believes can cause debates. If white has to marry white and black has to marry black. Should Blue eyes have to marry blue eyes? Should hazel eyes have to marry hazel eyes?
Yes, I strongly agree with what you are saying. It is not the outward appearance that matters but the inward; one should pick a spouse based on his/her own beliefs.
People who are predjudice, I truly don't understand. We are all human beings created in the image and likeness of God, not animals or people of different races. There is only one race.
Lou#1RelientKfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou#1RelientKfn View Post
Yes, I strongly agree with what you are saying. It is not the outward appearance that matters but the inward; one should pick a spouse based on his/her own beliefs.
People who are predjudice, I truly don't understand. We are all human beings created in the image and likeness of God, not animals or people of different races. There is only one race.
Perhaps in the sense that we are all of "Adam's race".

However, in Acts 7: 19 Stephen refers to the Jews as a 'race'. Also, experience tells us that men and women across the earth simply look different from one another. A man whose ancestors hail from Africa is likely to have dark skin. Someone whose ancestors hail from Ireland or Scotland may be more likely to be awesome have reddish hair.

However, genetically we have more in common with one another than we do with lesser beings, or probably even our evolutionary ancestors (e.g. Cro Magnon, Austrolopithecus africanus, etc). Denying the existence of different races of humans, or diversity within "Adam's race" - Homo sapiens sapiens isn't needed in order to celebrate our diversity as human beings.
ICTHUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #11
Registered Winner

I agree with you in that sense, the sense that those who have different ethnic backgrounds are diverse in appearance. But I was talking about the race issue in the light that we are not all considered human beings- that doesn't jive.

Yea, the Irish and Scottish are awesome.
Lou#1RelientKfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #12
Thinking Summer

Send a message via Yahoo to Jo Mo
I don't know if anyone ever noticed. But, Moses married an african woman. Hmm. The deliverer of the 10 Commandments. Wow. I did'nt see a command that said And Thou shalt not marry one that is not the same color as you are.
Jo Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
Resigned.

Send a message via AIM to Soap
I'm white. My fiancee is pale. LOL.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #14
is probably a Phantasm

Send a message via AIM to acrossthesirion
As a product of an inter-racial marriage (my mother a second generation Mexican immigrant and my father of European descent) the fact that the attitude that the OP is criticizing persists is tragic.

Further it rests on an inherently un-Christian assumption, that difference necessitates conflict. As Christians we are called to be in a community that has distinct members, but yet are of the same Body (Christ). Paul writes in Galatians 3.28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." As Christians we are diverse but we also agree on the objects of our love.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrossthesirion View Post
As a product of an inter-racial marriage (my mother a second generation Mexican immigrant and my father of European descent) the fact that the attitude that the OP is criticizing persists is tragic.

Further it rests on an inherently un-Christian assumption, that difference necessitates conflict. As Christians we are called to be in a community that has distinct members, but yet are of the same Body (Christ). Paul writes in Galatians 3.28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." As Christians we are diverse but we also agree on the objects of our love.
Exactly. In our flesh we are different. Whether it be white, black, hispanic, asian. Which ever way you want to classify someone you can. However, in our Spirit's, we who are found in Christ are all the same because we share the same Spirit. Remember, Jesus prayed that we would all be one in Him as He is one with the Father. To look at and judge someone according to the flesh would be foolish. God Bless.
18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; 20 always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; 21 and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ.

Eph 5:18-21 (NAS)
Steve353 is offline   Reply With Quote