Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Site Issues & Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2002, 01:23 PM   #1
Unregistered

Your CT tabs are not correct.

To whoever put this site together. The bands in your CT tabs are considered non-Christian bands when I know a few of the bands included in that section are Christian bands. Arthur for instance is a side band of MxPx. Now we can go in circles about MxPx and whether or not they are a Christian band, but if you have MxPx in the Christian area, Arthur should be too. Same goes to Pedro the Lion. The Juliana Theory and Dashboard Confessionals. I am not the site administrator, but I was just pointing out some interesting things. I know this is not life or death, just a thought.

Sponsored Links
Unread 01-29-2002, 02:55 PM   #2
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to guyforGod
Re: Your CT tabs are not correct.

straight from the Juliana Theory webpage:

"We are not a Christian Band."

just a little fyi there
guyforGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2002, 03:02 PM   #3
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
I didn't find those exact words there, but I did find this excerpt ( http://www.thejulianatheory.com/faq.htm#RELIGION ) :

What are the personal religious beliefs of (insert band member name here)?
It seems odd, but our management gets a decent number of emails regarding individual band member's religious and spiritual beliefs. This is likely based on the fact that the band's first couple records came out on Tooth and Nail Records- a label that has been openly linked with "Christian music." Tooth and Nail also puts out records by bands with no such tie in (Frodus, Stretch Armstrong, The Juliana Theory, etc). Frankly, the reason The Juliana Theory signed to Tooth & Nail when they were starting out had nothing to do with any of this - it was just because T&N was the only label who offered them a deal to make records at the time. Each member has his own set of beliefs. What the band members believe, and if or how they choose to practice (or not practice) religion is up to them and is a private matter. What it comes down to is this: The Juliana Theory has no spiritual agenda and never has.
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None