Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to RK_lover Send a message via MSN to RK_lover Send a message via Yahoo to RK_lover Send a message via Skype™ to RK_lover
How to get my falsetto back

So my voice changed late in my life (about 14 is when it started changing), and before that I could easily do falsetto with control....but now I can't hardly get to falsetto, let alone control it well....is there anything I can do to get back to where I can switch back and forth between normal singing and falsetto?

Unread 05-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Banned

yes, practice. But you have to make sure you're working on real vocals and not metal screams. I'm a Baritone, two octaves E to F, so my second tenor is fine but I'll have to roll into falsetto occasionally when the part is rude.

You'll need to practice using round sounds, in other words rounding you mouth. The tenancy is to pull the corners of your mouth back and sing the higher notes from the back of your mouth ( or your sinuses )

then work on sliding your voice all the way up and all the way down repeatedly until you actually can feel the subtle shift in the back of your throat. Learn that note so that in vocals you will know what note to actually "roll" into falsetto. You've probably always been using it but didn't realize it. I haven't met any guys who Lost it, just guys who are afraid to use it.

Now, I forgot to ask your gender because, as the ladies informed me, women can not sing falsetto.
danlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #3

I would suggest doing some vocal excersises, i know, it sounds like it coundnt help, but it can actually make your voice much stronger.
tl_guitarnut is offline   Reply With Quote