Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
Taster of Pork!

How do you maintain technique?

I was reviewing my journal some time ago and AX said that for singing, if I focus on technique first, then I'll be good. So, how do you maintain good technique?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo
Know him? He was delicious!!
JerRocks2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #2
Godin/Seagull Man

Good question. Practicing my vocal exercises regularly and using them to warm up before singing is very helpful. I'm not quite into choral singing as much as I used to be but I continue to sing in the church choir every week because it encourages be to practice good technique. I have a tendency to get lazy with my technique when I am singing contemporary music with a mic in front of me. I also swim 1200-1400 yards in the pool 3x a week. Swimming really helps me with my lung capacity and breath control. Other things I try to practice is to get plenty of sleep , drink plenty of water and eat well. I try to avoid eating too much in the evening which can give me reflux at night which is very bad for my voice.

Seagull Artist Series Mosiac--> K&K SBT + mic-->K&K Trinity Preamp-->BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer

Godin SDxt (GFS Vintage '59 humbuckers, GFS Premium Overwound single coil) -->Fender Blues Junior

The Holy Spirit (who turns all my foolishness into beautiful praise to the Father)
presbystrat is offline   Reply With Quote