Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
...more machine than man.

You're not guaranteed to have a bad MF experience...you only ever hear about the bad experiences, but I bet for ever one bad one theres about 30 good ones.

If you don't want to borrow the money from your mother you could try AMS....they let you pay it out over 5 months...though you can't use your coupon. I've bought a guitar and an amp from them in the past with no problems at all.

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #17
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Thanks for the words about MF, guys, that helps me a lot. I've decided I'm going to order it tonight if all goes well. Buying locally just wouldn't have worked out well enough financially to be prudent.

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
We're ordering it now!!

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
Unread 02-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #19
Deets Go Here

Congratulations. I hope everything works out alright for you. The one time I ordered something from MF, it came exactly like it should've. Of course it was only some pedals so that is nothing that shouldn't be able to take a little bit of a beating.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #20

Awesome! Be sure to post some pictures when you get it. Let me tell you, the one drawback of buying online is that you have to wait for it. You'll probably be thinking about it constantly and checking the tracking number at least four to five times a day. lol

Guitars: Highway One Tele, Empress Tele, USACG Custom Strat

Amp: Peavey Classic 30 and borrowed Fender Twin

Effects: Mojo Hand FX Rook OD, SBN Screamin' Eagle OD, Mojo Hand FX Crosstown Fuzz, SBN BDAB, MXR Carbon Copy, Mojo Hand FX Bayou Tremolo
AudioAUnderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #21
DANGER ZONE!

Send a message via AIM to Reno Rattler Send a message via MSN to Reno Rattler
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGeek View Post
Thanks for the words about MF, guys, that helps me a lot. I've decided I'm going to order it tonight if all goes well. Buying locally just wouldn't have worked out well enough financially to be prudent.
FWIW, I have bought a lot of stuff from MF over the years. All good experiences. MIA guitars included.
Quote:
We're ordering it now!!
Details man! Details!
Unread 02-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #22
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly! It's unfortunate that insurance is necessary to be allowed to drive, heh.

So my mom just said that she'd be able to help me buy that guitar now with that 20% off coupon from Musician's Friend... Ugh. Totally doesn't help my decision . That would mean I'd be paying her off for the next month or two, which isn't too bad, as that's when I'd be saving up anyway, but I'm not sure. This means I could get a brand new MIA Strat for around $800, but I'd be getting it online. Should I go for it? I've wanted one of these for a very long time.
paul...

Now is a good time in your life for gear purchases. My current gear purchases and expenditures are the fruit of buying my toys before I settled down and got married. Buying your dream guitar before the responsibilities of life kick in is actually a good thing.

*edit* I read the whole thread, and I think you made a good decision, responsibility wise as an adult*

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 10:36 PM   #23
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
paul...

Now is a good time in your life for gear purchases. My current gear purchases and expenditures are the fruit of buying my toys before I settled down and got married. Buying your dream guitar before the responsibilities of life kick in is actually a good thing.
That's what I've been told, and it makes perfect sense to me. I wanted a guitar that I knew I'd love, and I know I'll love, and I want it to last me for a very long time, which I'm positive that it will!

Quote:
*edit* I read the whole thread, and I think you made a good decision, responsibility wise as an adult*
Coming from you, Bill, that means a lot. Thanks.

As for you requesting details and pictures, definitely the pictures (and soundclips ) will come! Details: It's a three-tone maple sunburst Standard American Strat, and we got it with a set of maple sunburst congas for my mom (bet you didn't see that coming!) . I'm extremely excited! Now, to wait three to five business days...

Unread 02-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #24
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
As Tom Petty said, "the waiting is the hardest part". I know it's gotta be excruciating to have to wait 3-5 days for it to come--I about went crazy when I waited for my Agile to arrive--but it'll be worth it when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time. That's when you truly know you made the right decision to add to the family. Anyway, it sounds like a great guitar, so I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #25
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Congrats, Paul.

I'm personally glad I've stocked up on all my guitar needs in my youth. More fun that way.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #26
DANGER ZONE!

Send a message via AIM to Reno Rattler Send a message via MSN to Reno Rattler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
Congrats, Paul.

I'm personally glad I've stocked up on all my guitar needs in my youth. More fun that way.
Absolutely.
Unread 02-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Hellfighter Send a message via Yahoo to Hellfighter
I'm not even married yet, but I've been dating for about 3 years, serious for about 1.5, and my gear purchases have gone way down....

I'm pretty sure it's worth it, but I'd sure love to have another Tyler right about now!
Unread 02-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #28

Hey, don't worry, gear buying decisions get easier as you get older:

Should I get this BFG Les Paul I fell in love with, or make the house payment?
Johnny needs braces, but should I go ahead and get this awsome Capt. Beefheart Amp? ...it is on sale, and I will have to get a loan for the orthodontist anyway......
I could go ahead and get this new PODXTZ1000, it has accurate models of every amp ever made...or should I pay the electric bill?

Congrats on the impending new ax !! I dig the sunburst strats.
Unread 02-27-2008, 11:42 PM   #29
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
Hey, don't worry, gear buying decisions get easier as you get older:

Should I get this BFG Les Paul I fell in love with, or make the house payment?
Johnny needs braces, but should I go ahead and get this awsome Capt. Beefheart Amp? ...it is on sale, and I will have to get a loan for the orthodontist anyway......
I could go ahead and get this new PODXTZ1000, it has accurate models of every amp ever made...or should I pay the electric bill?

Congrats on the impending new ax !! I dig the sunburst strats.
Pfft, Johnny doesn't need braces if he can play guitar .

Thanks! I'm definitely glad I chose the sunburst! It was that or the Sienna Sunburst, but I think it's way better that I got the maple. Amusingly, the Strat will match the congas my mom got, too .

Unread 02-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Amusingly, the Strat will match the congas my mom got, too

That was quite amusing