Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #91
Baritone ax'er
 
Rock 'n Christ's Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave View Post
Your amp is the Spider II 112, yes?
If so, it's not THAT big and not very heavy for a 1x12 combo.
I know. I own one.
As far as a soft case, just be sure to get something good and padded and be mindful that you have to be very careful when transporting the guitar anywhere.
I use a Godin bag for my Solidac. It's a very good quality gig bag and I'm careful enough with it to protect the guitar.



The FBV Express can be hauled in the back of the Spider II.
Again, that's what I do with mine; controller, cat5 cable and power cord for the amp all store nicely in the giant empty space of the Spider II.
Just don't poke a hole in the speaker and, hey, you can use the magnet to hold the FBV steady.
Its a Spider III 75 W, if I'm not mistaken, the Spider II 112 and Spider III 75W are relatively the same size, but its big enough for me have to carry with both hands while having my guitar with me, I'm only 15 y/o.

__________________

All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, Bullet For My Valentine,Europe (The Final Countdown ), DecembeRadio, Decyfer Down, Demon Hunter, Disciple, Flyleaf, Inhale Exhale, Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, Pillar, Red, Skillet.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack electric; Fender StarCaster electric, JBP acoustic
Amps: Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt, Fender SP10
Accesories: Line 6 FBV Express pedal


92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music

My Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack


Rock 'n Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #92
Heaven isn't too far away
 
gtrdave's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2004
Location: The First State
Posts: 6,730
Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n Christ View Post
Its a Spider III 75 W, if I'm not mistaken, the Spider II 112 and Spider III 75W are relatively the same size, but its big enough for me have to carry with both hands while having my guitar with me, I'm only 15 y/o.
meh...kids...

[old man voice]
Why, when I was YOUR age, I used to carry my Gibson Les Paul in one hand and my Peavey Mace in the other. Mind you, my LP is an '82 so it's one of the heavy ones and the Mace...oh, baby, the Peavey Mace was an amp among amps: 2 x 12" speakers w/ huge square magnets, 6 x 6L6GC power tubes, two on-board transformers for audio output (main and ex-cabinet), and a 4 button foot switch to control channels, reverb and built-in phase shifter.
And I carried that guitar and that amp by hand to my gigs. I didn't have my parents to drive me around and we were too poor to have me own a bike so I walked to gigs and rehearsals...in the snow...with no shoes...up hill...there and back.
[/old man]

Seriously, though...the SIII shouldn't be too heavy.
If you want to make things somewhat easy and efficient, get a gig bag with a good shoulder strap. That way you can hoist the guitar over your shoulder and carry the amp and accessories with your hands.

Get any doors with your feet. (trust me, it's a skill that you should learn...)
__________________
Lead, follow and get out of the way.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #93
Tired of being attacked
 
BillSPrestonEsq's Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Beaverton, Or
Posts: 40,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave View Post
meh...kids...

[old man voice]
Why, when I was YOUR age, I used to carry my Gibson Les Paul in one hand and my Peavey Mace in the other. Mind you, my LP is an '82 so it's one of the heavy ones and the Mace...oh, baby, the Peavey Mace was an amp among amps: 2 x 12" speakers w/ huge square magnets, 6 x 6L6GC power tubes, two on-board transformers for audio output (main and ex-cabinet), and a 4 button foot switch to control channels, reverb and built-in phase shifter.
And I carried that guitar and that amp by hand to my gigs. I didn't have my parents to drive me around and we were too poor to have me own a bike so I walked to gigs and rehearsals...in the snow...with no shoes...up hill...there and back.
[/old man]

Seriously, though...the SIII shouldn't be too heavy.
If you want to make things somewhat easy and efficient, get a gig bag with a good shoulder strap. That way you can hoist the guitar over your shoulder and carry the amp and accessories with your hands.

Get any doors with your feet. (trust me, it's a skill that you should learn...)
So pushups and weights would be the best solution here. And a hard case.
__________________
For this I will be judged.


My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #94
...
 
thesteve's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 30,142
Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave View Post
If you want to make things somewhat easy and efficient, get a gig bag with a good shoulder strap. That way you can hoist the guitar over your shoulder and carry the amp and accessories with your hands.
I think this is the whole reason he's looking at gig bags in the first place.
__________________
We've all got ideas. We are the music makers. We make money to buy things, and write down words.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:37 PM   #95
I'm on a horse.
 
Rainer.'s Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Seattle, WA.
Posts: 29,118
Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
I carry my tube 1x12 on a luggage cart. It's cheap and effective.
__________________
. . . j o n : [ FLICKR \ BLOG ]

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #96
Baritone ax'er
 
Rock 'n Christ's Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I think this is the whole reason he's looking at gig bags in the first place.



yes, exactly. If only hard shells had shoulder straps..........................



As far as mastering the much-needed skill over opening doors with feet, I've got that down pretty good, keeping it open while going through it is the tricky part some times.
__________________

All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, Bullet For My Valentine,Europe (The Final Countdown ), DecembeRadio, Decyfer Down, Demon Hunter, Disciple, Flyleaf, Inhale Exhale, Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, Pillar, Red, Skillet.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack electric; Fender StarCaster electric, JBP acoustic
Amps: Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt, Fender SP10
Accesories: Line 6 FBV Express pedal


92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music

My Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack


Rock 'n Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #97
Registered User
 

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 482
Hmm, I've caried my schecter c-1 classic into my church without a case or squat. Thats a pretty expensive guitar too, I know I shouldn't but if I'm careful It doesn't hurt it. I'm sure a gig bag would be a better way to go though.
CDBongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 06:34 AM   #98
Heaven isn't too far away
 
gtrdave's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2004
Location: The First State
Posts: 6,730
Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDBongo View Post
Hmm, I've caried my schecter c-1 classic into my church without a case or squat. Thats a pretty expensive guitar too, I know I shouldn't but if I'm careful It doesn't hurt it. I'm sure a gig bag would be a better way to go though.
You're just asking for your guitar to get damaged by not using a case, imho.
__________________
Lead, follow and get out of the way.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #99
Baritone ax'er
 
Rock 'n Christ's Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 519
Out of curiosity: To get Drop Bb from the Baritone, would you have to drop the low B to an A and capo on 1? Or is it something else/different?



I was discussing this whole 7-string/Baritone deal (even though I'm already 99% sure I'm getting the Baritone) with one of the guys who basically runs one of the bands I'm in, and he owns a 7-string, uses it for mostly Blues stuff. He said that if I dropped the low B to an A on the 7-string, then I'd be fine or something like that. Does anyone know what he was trying to get across?


P.S. His name is Kevin
__________________

All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, Bullet For My Valentine,Europe (The Final Countdown ), DecembeRadio, Decyfer Down, Demon Hunter, Disciple, Flyleaf, Inhale Exhale, Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, Pillar, Red, Skillet.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack electric; Fender StarCaster electric, JBP acoustic
Amps: Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt, Fender SP10
Accesories: Line 6 FBV Express pedal


92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music

My Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack


Rock 'n Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #100
...
 
thesteve's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 30,142
Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n Christ View Post
Out of curiosity: To get Drop Bb from the Baritone, would you have to drop the low B to an A and capo on 1? Or is it something else/different?
yep.
__________________
We've all got ideas. We are the music makers. We make money to buy things, and write down words.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #101
Baritone ax'er
 
Rock 'n Christ's Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
yep.


good, I'm starting to get the hang of this .
__________________

All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, Bullet For My Valentine,Europe (The Final Countdown ), DecembeRadio, Decyfer Down, Demon Hunter, Disciple, Flyleaf, Inhale Exhale, Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, Pillar, Red, Skillet.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack electric; Fender StarCaster electric, JBP acoustic
Amps: Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt, Fender SP10
Accesories: Line 6 FBV Express pedal


92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music

My Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack


Rock 'n Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #102
Registered User
 

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 482
Quote:
He said that if I dropped the low B to an A on the 7-string, then I'd be fine or something like that.
If all you played was barre chords then yes.
CDBongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #103
Baritone ax'er
 
Rock 'n Christ's Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 519
I'm still trying to figure out whether I need to put 11's or 12's on (strings) while getting it intonated. Also, if you have specific brands of strings, that would also be helpful.
__________________

All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, Bullet For My Valentine,Europe (The Final Countdown ), DecembeRadio, Decyfer Down, Demon Hunter, Disciple, Flyleaf, Inhale Exhale, Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, Pillar, Red, Skillet.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack electric; Fender StarCaster electric, JBP acoustic
Amps: Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt, Fender SP10
Accesories: Line 6 FBV Express pedal


92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music

My Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack


Rock 'n Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2