Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > D
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 1 2.94%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.94%
6 2 5.88%
7 3 8.82%
8 6 17.65%
9 10 29.41%
10 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #31
Firefox enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceived in fire View Post
Imo, DH is one of the top three metal bands to include lots of singing (the other two being KSE and All That Remains)
The Triptych was better, but only by a little - mainly due to its more technical guitar parts.
KSE does what they do pretty darn good. Dang good guitarist. But, haha, I still don't like them that much, because of the "excessive" singing. I've never listened to All that remains.

Mr. claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #32
A simple guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. claw View Post
I've never listened to All that remains.
You need to. They've got some pretty freaking awesome solos.
Adam K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 01:12 AM   #33
Keep cool my babies

Send a message via AIM to conceived in fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam K View Post
You need to. They've got some pretty freaking awesome solos.
Not to mention one of the best vocalists in the genre. Their last release was basically perfect.

conceived in fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #34
Support Southern Rock

I turned this on in my cousins vehicle, and a solo started. "Who is this" he said. I'm like "DH". And hes like "It can't be, a solo?". "It must be the twilight zone". lol.

Anyway I've had it for a little more than a week now. I think its pretty good. About a 7. Some of the songs are starting to bore me now, but its still pretty good. I like "Follow the Wolves". Thats a great song, very melodic.

I love the demon horn BTW. I get asked about it alot. What do you tell people about it? I've been saying like its a horn from a demon I killed, being a demon hunter and all. And then people are like o you killing demons with your horn and all. And I'm thinking . . . Killing with the horn?
Unread 12-25-2007, 02:39 PM   #35
AofD

Send a message via AIM to KaiserZr Send a message via Yahoo to KaiserZr
Okay here we go, just thought I would write a review on this cd. So let's get this thing going.

The first song I heard was Fading Away, which was the first single that Demon Hunter kept teasing us with by splitting into pieces on pure volume. When I heard the whole thing I got excited about this cd. That song was different from pretty much anything I heard by Demon Hunter. First with the Keyboard/Synth sounds and just the whole arrangement of the song. So eventually the cd came out and I got me a copy of it, and to say it simply it is my favorite Demon Hunter Cd. It contains my new favorite song by Demon Hunter (Follow the Wolves). It is evident that DH tried some new things in this cd. Plus you got your customary 1 or 2 songs that are pretty much nothing, but clean vocals (not a bad thing at all since Ryan's clean vocals are really good).

My only gripe with the cd is half the song seemed to follow the new arrangement exactly. Distorted Vocals on the verse then Clean Vocals on the Chorus and Bridge, with maybe a little sprinkle of harsh vocals. It isn't anything that makes this cd horrible, but it got old.

Positives: The use of Synths and piano, the clean vocals (huge improvement), lyrics, and rhythm

negatives: the use of the same arrangement on half the songs, they didn't sound the same musically, but it could have been a little bit more diverse.

favorite songs: Sixteen, Fading Away, Thorns, Follow the Wolves, No Reason to Exist

Final score: 8/10 great cd, a very few amount of things I would have changed, but still in my opinion their best cd.
KaiserZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #36
Rawkin' for the Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by -[R]-ChurchPunk View Post
Hey DemonHuntress, welcome to CGR. =)

Well, my deluxe edition arrived today.. I'm loving the demon horn. XD

I can't wait to be asked what it is.. "Oh that? It's a demon horn... Worn for it's power in repelling satanic spirits."
Thanks for the welcome, even though my response to you is quite delayed.

The demon horn is awesome; I got that deluxe edition too, and it makes me wicked happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n Christ View Post
Welcome to CGR DemonHuntress, another DH is always welcome (looking at my avatar will explain). .
Yeah, I was super excited to see your avatar. Rawk on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods*Armygirl View Post
I just have to say that Carry Me Down is like the best song ever. This song is awesome.
I don't own the cd though, but I'm planning on buying it as soon as possible.
Overall I would give this cd a 9.
Yeah, yeah, yeah! I totally agree! So amazing! IT'S ALL AMAZING!!!!

....And the truest sign of grace was this:
From wounded hands redemption fell down liberating man...

~me~

www.purevolume.com/randomheroband

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) I'm always up for helping someone toward world domination!

Check out my journal, http://www.christianguitar.org/forum...d.php?t=163315
demonhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #37
loves his car

this CD is awesome, they changed so much from their previous CD releases, I don't think that they could've done better......maybe well I guess there's always room for improvement, but not so much with these guys. my favorite songs were: "Sixteen", "Fading away", and "Carry me down", and maybe "Wrath of God"
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #38
proud to be a Phan

Great CD. Thorns and Lead Us Home are awesome. But pretty much every song is good.

"You can't feel the summer all year long, you gotta know the cold, to know when it's gone." The Elms-Black Peach

"Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain" Dave Matthews Band-Two Step
saveferris1643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #39
Support Southern Rock

You know the choruses just get so boring and make me turn away from listening. . . But I am still so happy about the horn after all this time. . .
Unread 03-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #40

i love this band and think they have outdone all there other album's. they are the best of there genre

this cd has more of a bold christian msg

Last edited by earlessdog; 03-17-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: merge
doctor bubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 04:14 AM   #41
Chur Bro

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
man i love that song carry me down
Unread 05-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #42

Send a message via Skype™ to Darkhyperchaos
5/10. Coming from a huge Demon Hunter fan, I think it's pretty average. Follow The Wolves is the only great song IMO. Believe me, this album is what got me into Demon Hunter, and at first I drooled over it. Now that I've had a chance to thoroughly listen to the rest of their albums, it screams watered down. It's not terrible, it's just that their three previous albums are near perfection IMO, and this is far from perfection.

I always hear people rave about this album, but it just doesn't do it for me. I always listen to it again hoping something will jump out, and I always enjoy listening to it, but it just doesn't stand up to their older albums, which I honestly think are near perfection. Summer Of Darkness is one of my all time favorite albums that I own, and my library is anything but small.
Darkhyperchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #43

Solid album. 9/10. Triptych was the best.
guitarfreak846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2010, 01:30 AM   #44
Taster of Pork!

Demon Hunter, I miss these guys. I luvd Carry Me Down and Fading Away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo
Know him? He was delicious!!
JerRocks2day is offline   Reply With Quote