Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #151
by hope we steer

My setup for our gig last night. I'll try and see if anybody took any pictures of it.

2007 Gretsch Electromatic 5120 or 1980 Ibanez Blazer (SSS) > Boss CS-3 > *Modded* Boss OS-2 (photocell mod) > Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde > Electro-Harmonix Mini Q-Tron > Ernie Ball Volume w/ PedalWaves Tuner > Electro-Harmonix Flanger Hoax > Boss DD-3 > Electro-Harmonix Holiest Grail > Fender Bassman 50 > Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion V30 and G1250

Kind of a big board, but I used every bit of it during the show.

Unread 09-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #152
by hope we steer

Pictures. I'm really happy with this setup. It sounds great, I've got all the pedals that I use consistently (I really do use them all, too). When the band records you guys will hear a song that features my circuit-bent Boss OS-2 with a photocell. It's.....noisey, to say the least.

Unread 09-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #153

dude get a tone not other multi effect you'll like...
ruleexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #154
by hope we steer

...That's how I get my tone.
Unread 09-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #155

Send a message via AIM to Hellfighter Send a message via Yahoo to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruleexe View Post
dude get a tone not other multi effect you'll like...
dude.... use English grammar so that we can at least make sense of what you're trying to say...
Unread 09-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #156

that holiest grail looks sweet.. I guess I never actually looked at one, haha..

Mine rig has changed a bit since last time I posted in here.. I'm still waiting to get some of the stuff, but I'll point it out

Gretsch G7395 White Falcon, LP Studio, Sheraton II, Epi Firebird VII, (in the future) Tele

Effects: EBVPjr > Crybaby > RT66 > FD2 Mosfet > (in the future) Super-Duper 2-in-1 clone > M13 (with DD-20 and RV-5 in loop)

Amps: (in the future) AC30HH2 in stereo with Traynor YSR-1; and for smaller situations AC15CC1 in stereo with (in the future) Orange Tiny Terror...

Sorry, a lot of this is pending, but it's just a laptop sale away from getting started... got a scholarship for a nice laptop, but I don't need it (I have a Macbook Pro), so I'm selling it via the 'Bay.... it'll go toward the AC30
trea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 08:06 AM   #157

Send a message via AIM to bread man Send a message via MSN to bread man
I've finally got a set up I'm reasonably settled on. I just want a modulation pedal or two and I really like the look of the Flanger Hoax...

Fender Jazzmaster (MIJ), Yamaha Pacifica (HSS config) - both soon to have new pickups

Planet Waves tuner > Ernie Ball VP Jr > SBN Lil' Eagle > ProCo Rat 2 > Morrison Audio Big Fluff (Big Muff clone) > Danelectro Fab Tone > Vox Wah > Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo > Line 6 Verbzilla > Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man > Boss DD-20 > Danelectro Fish N' Chips EQ

Fender Twin Reverb late 70s 135 watt model (converted into a head) into a generic 2x12 cab with Warehouse Veteran 30s
Unread 10-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #158

Send a message via AIM to crazychu
holiest grails scare me. so much tweability for a verb pedal.. i guess its good, but it's jjust reverb!

thats why i use my rv-5, and double it up as a chorus pedal (modulation with no time)

Guitars:
Fender Deluxe Player's Strat, 3-Tone sunburst
Squire standard Strat MIJ (first electric, project guitar now)
Epiphone PR-200 (my first guitar, me love)
Takamine EG-531sc

Amp: Peavey Classic 50

Board, a Pedaltrain Pro:
Line 6 DL4, Morley Bad Horsie 2, EHX Litle Big Muff, Boss BD-2, Boss Tr-2, Boss DD-7 /w FS-5U, Boss RV-5, 1980
s MXR M-204 Distortion+, MI Audio V.2 Crunchbox, Keeley Boss BD-2 Blues Driver & a FULLTONE OCD

all patched up with Hand Soldered Lava Cable ELCs and Monster Prolink patches FTW

Future Gear: American Blonde Fender Blues Jr, the WORM, Digitech Whammy, BYOC phaser, SONIC STOMPP??
crazychu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #159

Fender strat to zoom 505 to wah to Ph-3 phaser to DD-3 delay to Vox AD 50VT
This is our new album. http://www.rhapsody.com/theaxisworshipband/hero
This is my church.
http://www.rhema.org/Main/
Hello my name is laforest.
laforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2008, 01:19 AM   #160
by hope we steer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread man View Post
I've finally got a set up I'm reasonably settled on. I just want a modulation pedal or two and I really like the look of the Flanger Hoax...
It's not a typical modulation pedal. Just keep that in mind. It is full of endless tweaking, and it's not very good for remembering presets. That said, it is my absolute favorite pedal I've ever played on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychu View Post
holiest grails scare me. so much tweability for a verb pedal.. i guess its good, but it's jjust reverb!

thats why i use my rv-5, and double it up as a chorus pedal (modulation with no time)
I really enjoy the Holiest Grail. I had a Holy Grail, and I LOVED the sound, but when it took a dive I went for the Holiest Grail because it had the capability of doing delay, also. It's got a decent learning curve (not nearly as difficult as the Flanger Hoax), but it's manageable. It doesn't do well when changing between guitars, though, with the ability to tweak the input gain, as well as the output gains of reverb and dry (on a side note, you can actually use the pedal as a *decent* overdrive/boost pedal with verb.). You can easily change it to be at unity, however, it doesn't automatically update your presets. I think down the road I may lose the pedal and go back to the Holy Grail (or try the Holier Grail!), but as for now, this pedal is definitely a load of fun.

And, some pictures of my new board. I'm borrowing my pastor's Peavey Classic 30 at the moment.

Ibanez Blazer >EHX Mini Q Tron > Boss CS-3 > VS J&H > EHX Russian Big Muff > EHX Small Clone > Ernie Ball Passive Volume > Boss DD-3 > EHX Flanger Hoax > EHX Holiest Grail > Peavey Classic 30

Attached Thumbnails
img_4609.jpg   img_4611.jpg  
Unread 10-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Enough View Post
It's not a typical modulation pedal. Just keep that in mind. It is full of endless tweaking, and it's not very good for remembering presets. That said, it is my absolute favorite pedal I've ever played on.
Well, I want something that is capable of doing everything from really subtle stuff to just ridiculous, whacked-out noise. I want something unique with a lot of possibilities. Traditional phaser/chorus/flanger sounds don't interest me a whole lot and from your descriptions of the Hoax, as well as the videos I've seen, it seems to be exactly what I want.
Unread 10-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #162
by hope we steer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread man View Post
Well, I want something that is capable of doing everything from really subtle stuff to just ridiculous, whacked-out noise. I want something unique with a lot of possibilities. Traditional phaser/chorus/flanger sounds don't interest me a whole lot and from your descriptions of the Hoax, as well as the videos I've seen, it seems to be exactly what I want.
Well then go for it. It is an incredible pedal. I normally don't use any modulation, unless it's freaky stuff for noise. If I need modulation I'll use my Bigsby (best sounding chorus I've ever heard!). I'd love to hear of more people using this pedal, simply for me to get some more crazy settings!
Unread 10-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #163

Send a message via Yahoo to takamine_14
i changed my rig since the last time i posted and added some new pedals. My Rig now is Boss DS-1->Ibanez TubeScreamer Ts-9->Zoom Gfx-5->Berhinger 7 band Equalizer-> to Marshall AVT Valvestate 150.

I mostly use my ds-1 and for solos, I plug-in the TS9 and EQ, or sometimes the other way, TS9 then DS1 and EQ as booster for a fatter, more chubby, and tube like sound.
takamine_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2008, 01:18 AM   #164

i recently went the rig route and sold most of my pedals. heres how the set up looks for now, really ugly with out cases and stuff

i ditched my pedalboard for a digital multi-fx

my geetars

all this going out an avatar 112 cab /w celestion alnico gold speakers (for now, looking to sell)

whats left of my pedalboard. and a monster ac30
coupon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 02:11 AM   #165

I just took a photo of my board. It's extremely messy at the moment and I'm still trying to work out where I want everything. I still really want a Flanger Hoax but I don't think I'll be able to afford one for some time, so I just bought a Behringer phaser for the times I might occasionally need to add a bit of colour to my tone. Anyway, here it is.