Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #1

Can You help me out?

Hey guys. I just realized a while ago that I love to sing. The problem is, I think I suck, and some people think I'm good. I'm probably best described as what my brother puts it: Sometimes you're good, and sometimes you're not. I don't know much, if anything about the technicalities of singing, but I was wondering if you could listen to this clip I did of Where The Love Lasts Forever and give me some beginner-level tips haha. Thanks.

http://www.uploading.com/files/4HBIG...4m39s.wav.html

Ozzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #2
so much

It sounds like your body is very contracted. Open up your chest for some more resonance and better keeping-in-tune by lifting your ribcage and extending your spine while you sing. You should feel your voice resonating in your body or in the bridge of your nose and your forehead rather than in the back of your throat.

Also, your diction (pronunciation) is terrible. Sorry to be so blunt. All of your vowels sound the same, and you're not making enough out of your consonants. Open your mouth further than you think you need to and don't end your words prematurely. Let the initial vowel sound continue to resonate until the end of the note, and only then close the sound with either the end of the vowel sound or the ending consonant sound. Right now, you just kind of go "uhhhhhh" after about a split-second of the actual vowel sound in any given vowel, which makes for really indistinguishable lyrics.

"(a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman.
(b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or
recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.
Texas Constitution, Article I, Section 32"
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #3

Wow haha, very blunt! But I'm glad you were honest. Thanks for listening. I'm ready for more I guess.
Ozzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
power chord hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzey View Post
Wow haha, very blunt! But I'm glad you were honest. Thanks for listening. I'm ready for more I guess.
Listen to Nate. That will keep you busy for years. That's all the advice you need for a while.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote