Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Food
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:48 PM   #61
Eaten by a grue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlMom View Post
Shrimp scampi over fettuccine with broccoli florets. It went together very quickly and was quite tasty.
How do you make your shrimp scampi?

That's why Jesus would use a 5-10 watt tube combo. Then Jesus can get that nice breakup He likes at a manageable volume. A volume that is somewhat formal but still says I'm here to party. Much like tuxedo t-shirt Jesus.
"If all experienced God in the same way and returned Him an identical worship, the song of the Church triumphant would have no symphony, it would be like an orchestra in which all the instruments played the same note." - C.S. Lewis
niangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #62
Super Mom

paid
I like to devein and peel my shrimp, but most people cook it in the shell. I don’t like to work that hard once it gets to my plate! So here’s my recipe:

Shrimp Scampi with Fettuccini

2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup Lite Italian dressing

place peeled shrimp in a bowl, add dressing and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp salt
Black pepper to taste (I like a lot)
½ tsp Worchestershire sauce
I Tbsp. Olive oil

½ cup Half and Half
Cooked fettuccine

Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic, sauté for about a minute over medium-low heat. Add the shrimp, including the Italian dressing marinade, and sauté over medium heat until shrimp are pink – 3-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, Worchestershire sauce and Half and Half and heat until sauce just begins to form large, glossy bubbles.

Drain fettuccine and pour into large bowl. Add the shrimp mixture and toss. I like to add broccoli florets or asparagus to the mix as well.

Edit! I have been gently reminded that "sauté over medium-low heat" is a contradictory phrase. Sauté, by definition, is to cook over high heat. Do not cook your onions on high heat, they will get crispy. Thanks Kepa!!

Last edited by MtlMom; 12-07-2007 at 09:45 PM.
MtlMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #63
FTS
Something

Ah, that sounds quite nice.
FTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #64
Yes, like the number.

Send a message via AIM to Ocho Send a message via MSN to Ocho Send a message via Yahoo to Ocho
Last thing I cooked... was buttered noodles for dinner!! it was yummy
Dear JesusFreaknumbers,
Humans are not designed to live in Antarctica. I suggest that you move.
Ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #65

Send a message via AIM to leiarose
I have never cooked shrimp....that looks so good!

Today I made a very simple Chicken Puttanesca Pizza with a premade pizza crust. I didn't care for the crust though, I'll have to make one next time.
Unread 12-07-2007, 10:52 PM   #66
FTS
Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiarose View Post

Today I made a very simple Chicken Puttanesca Pizza with a premade pizza crust. I didn't care for the crust though, I'll have to make one next time.
Hey! Puttanesca! Just happens to be what I'm making at the moment. Sorry about the pizza crust. But there is nothing like homemade Or bought from a really good pizzeria I suppose (I've never done that, but I heard you can).

Right, so, yeah, making a puttanesca sauce at the moment (garlic, anchovies, canned tomatoes, dried oregano, capers, black olives, swig of red wine vinegar). Then I'm going to flake in some canned tuna, some frozen peas, and serve it over some conchiglie.

*edit*
Ah, that was nice.

Last edited by FTS; 12-08-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Unread 12-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #67
Super Mom

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leiarose View Post
If you can find a used copy of The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook it is well worth the small investment. The fettuccine recipe isn't from that book, I kind of made that one up as I was going along, but I've made several dishes from Bubba's book.
Unread 12-15-2007, 01:37 AM   #68
Eaten by a grue

My last meal...

A couple days ago, I simmered down a chicken carcass, tons of veggies and some herbs from my garden for about five hours into a great chicken broth which I strained and froze.

Today, I created a slam-bang chicken noodle soup for lunch... fresh broccoli, chicken breast, carrots, fresh herbs, barley, rotini. All simmered in homemade chicken broth.

Mmmmm-mmmm.
That's why Jesus would use a 5-10 watt tube combo. Then Jesus can get that nice breakup He likes at a manageable volume. A volume that is somewhat formal but still says I'm here to party. Much like tuxedo t-shirt Jesus.
"If all experienced God in the same way and returned Him an identical worship, the song of the Church triumphant would have no symphony, it would be like an orchestra in which all the instruments played the same note." - C.S. Lewis
Unread 12-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #69
FTS
Something

Made some meatloaf, mashed potatoes, onion gravy, and mushroom and cheese bruschetta (toast )

Unread 12-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #70

Yesterday I baked cookies! Chocolate chip, chocolate, sugar reindeer and oatmeal chip. They are packed in tins on their way to Christmasy homes. Tomorrow I'm making peanut butter fudge for a friend. : )
Unread 12-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #71
isn't a CGRer anymore.

Send a message via AIM to PontiusPirate Send a message via MSN to PontiusPirate Send a message via Yahoo to PontiusPirate
Casarecce with Tilapia in a Spinach Mushroom Alfredo Sauce.
It turned out nicely. I'm always worried when I have to figure out meals with the wierd things I have in my fridge.
PontiusPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #72
Super Mom

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by niangelo View Post
My last meal...

A couple days ago, I simmered down a chicken carcass, tons of veggies and some herbs from my garden for about five hours into a great chicken broth which I strained and froze.

Today, I created a slam-bang chicken noodle soup for lunch... fresh broccoli, chicken breast, carrots, fresh herbs, barley, rotini. All simmered in homemade chicken broth.

Mmmmm-mmmm.
Excellent. That is one of the staples in our home. You can almost always find a bag or two of chicken or turkey stock in my freezer.
Unread 12-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #73
paradoxotaur

I just got a KitchenAid stand mixer, so this week I've made two chocolate pecan pies, one pumpkin pie, and a shepherd's pie. I also made fresh whipped cream, but that doesn't necessarily count as cooking. :]

...Apparently, I like pie.
magical spatula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #74
Eaten by a grue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlMom View Post
Excellent. That is one of the staples in our home. You can almost always find a bag or two of chicken or turkey stock in my freezer.
I really can't believe it took me so long to get around to making some.
Unread 12-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by magical spatula View Post
I just got a KitchenAid stand mixer, so this week I've made two chocolate pecan pies, one pumpkin pie, and a shepherd's pie. I also made fresh whipped cream, but that doesn't necessarily count as cooking. :]

...Apparently, I like pie.
I received one of those as a wedding gift...it's so pretty! I have been wanting to make bread with it but I'm too scared to try.[/honest] We're actually out of bread as of today so maybe I should try that....

Yesterday we had oven-baked potato wedges and sandwiches. I'm trying to use up foods I have so we don't have to grocery shop...

Tags
thank you god 4 dis fud