Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-31-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
power chord hater

MF Sucks

Has anyone else had problems? I ordered an amp last week and they told me that it MAY take until August 4th for it to ship. Now i'm told the 10th would be the earliest. What the crap? I know they are moving distribution centers but this is rediculous. I'm talking to customer service right now..
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-31-2007, 03:35 PM   #2

This is typical for them; it has always been this way, I don't really know what their prob. is with keeping items in stock...
katmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 03:52 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Has anyone else had problems? I ordered an amp last week and they told me that it MAY take until August 4th for it to ship. Now i'm told the 10th would be the earliest. What the crap? I know they are moving distribution centers but this is rediculous. I'm talking to customer service right now..
-shane
Is this a MF issue or just an issue with MF expecting an item to be received from VS and not getting it when expected?

or maybe I've just not had enough experience with MF to ever have an item shipping delayed.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
I've used MF a couple times now and so far no problems. I'm planning on ordering more stuff, so maybe I'll have problems then. Did it say it was in stock when you ordered?

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 03:58 PM   #5
power chord hater

It's not a stocking problem. It's in stock. They're moving their distribution center so EVERY ORDER is going through this. I'm pissed. I can't get my phone to work so i'm going to e-mail customer service and then call them ASAP.

I've got two gigs coming up in a few weeks and I NEED that amp. And it'd be nice to actually have a few days (or weeks) to figure out the amp before I have to play live.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:42 PM   #6
They really do!

I've used MF approximatly a dozen times and no problems so far. There has been two times where something was out-of-stock, but they shipped it within 3 days. My orders have contained everything from a guitar amp to drum cymbals, and nothing to complain about.

Sorry to hear that you are having such a bad experience.

Remedy is done!

Rig:

Fender MIA Hardtail Strat > Boss GT-6 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Third_Day_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:44 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to thomaspg70
I've only used MF once for my amp and it was fine. But i usually use Ebay, because ebay is better than anything.
thomaspg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
power chord hater

This is the first problem I've ever had with a normally great company. I e-mailed customer service and I'll call them tomorrow. Oh wait..just got an e-mail. Let me check it and i'll reply...
-shane

Yep. They suck. Here's the response I got:
Quote:
Dear customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. There is nothing we can do we have
put notices up on the website and from my end I do want you to get your
gear and if that means canceling your order I would rather you do that
then lie to you and tell you I can guarantee it. So I would recommend
looking around and see if you can find it so you will at least have it
by the time you need it.

If you would like to place an order, please call 800-391-8762 or visit
our website at http://www.musiciansfriend.com .

Please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions or
concerns.

We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend.
So freakin lame.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com

Last edited by thesteve; 07-31-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:24 PM   #9

Dude. They're moving. What happens when they move? They can't ship. I'm sure they'd love to continue shipping orders through this if they could. Even though I am a bit tweaked, as I myself am buying an amp from them soon. I am sticking with MF though, because they ship $100+ orders free. The only other place I can get that kind of service is GC, and they don't carry the amp I want to buy.
For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
This negatively affected my tone in ways that I just can't describe.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
So, it's my belief that tone is in the soap.
Thank you and goodnight.
nbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:27 PM   #10
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
Wow, that definitely sucks. I just noticed that when I was considering making an order.

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #11
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Yep. They suck. Here's the response I got:

So freakin lame.
-shane
Having worked customer service...

You got a good person. Thats not lame, thats honest. At least they didn't BS you with false promises like 90% of CS people will do. My guess is whoever that was will try to expedite things. However, during a move, there are delays.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post

You got a good person. Thats not lame, thats honest. At least they didn't BS you with false promises like 90% of CS people will do. My guess is whoever that was will try to expedite things. However, during a move, there are delays.
I agree--that's either stunning in its honesty, or this person is a newbie who's about to get chewed out when his boss figures out what he said. Also, keep in mind that the last three paragraphs were not written by the person responding--they were almost certainly automatically inserted like the blurb that Yahoo email inserts after you send a message.
Jay Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
I play Guitar...

Quote:

I completely agree. Considering the circumstances, you can't really expect any better. Personally I would recommend canceling the order and getting the amp from another source. I guarantee that you can still get free shipping from another source. As a general rule, larger orders include free shipping. If it doesn't, say you'll go elsewhere where you can and just about anybody will give in.
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:45 PM   #14
Tired of being attacked

though isn't this amp a blem that is a steal?

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:26 AM   #15
power chord hater

Quote:
though isn't this amp a blem that is a steal?

Exactly. I'm getting it for $200 off the normal price so I can't really go anywhere else.

I appreciate his honesty, but what kind of CS tells you to cancel the order and go somewhere else? Seems like a lot to lose a $700 order. At the least they go throw in an amp stand or something for all the hassle. That wouldn't cost them much at all and i'd be a satisfied (but only slightly agitated) customer.

My problem is that they changed what was the 'notice' on the website. It was supposed to be shipped by the 4th and that's why I bought it. Out of nowhere (and i've never seen this at all) they changed it to the 10th.

If you're going to have this kind of thing happen, just close shop for a week. Completely close the doors, do your move, then open up. They just lost a long-time customer.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com