Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #91
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Call and ask to talk to a supervisor. The Customer Service Representative will try to handle it themselves but DEMAND a supervisor. No one else knows anything at all. If you get a bad supervisor, call bad and ask again. There's like 400 Customer Service people. Good luck! (I'm still waiting on mine to physically ship...I'll feel MUCH better after that happens!)
-shane
billing information received means they have physically printed the label. I would not expect them to pay the (it used to be) $25 extra for a Saturday pick up from UPS. I would think by 4 PM you should be able to see it in the system.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-13-2007, 12:03 PM   #92
power chord hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
billing information received means they have physically printed the label. I would not expect them to pay the (it used to be) $25 extra for a Saturday pick up from UPS. I would think by 4 PM you should be able to see it in the system.

That's what I was thinking. I'll keep you guys posted!
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #93
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
As soon as that's posted you should know the delivery date, too, so you'll have time to make other arrangements in the off chance it doesn't make it. Although you shouldn't have any problem getting it by the weekend if it's this far along on Monday already.

As for Sweetwater... I've found that they have a better selection of mid to higher end stuff than MF. Certain brands that MF doesn't carry they will. I don't think they deal quite as much with the budget stuff that MF does. Their service, though, is unbeatable. I have a personal sales rep even though I've never bought from them. They'll call from time to time just to make sure I got the catalog and see if there's anything I have any questions about. Occasional emails from them, too, letting me know how to reach them any time. Good folks.
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #94
power chord hater

Well, 5:45 and i've got the same status as I had today...and 3 days ago. Eerily familiar. I guess I'll call tomorrow and see what's up.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #95
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
Right after I made the post, MF sent a shipping confirmation. My shipment status says billing information received. I'm assuming it either went out later today or will go out tomorrow. Kinda disappointing that it didn't go out last Friday, because I wanted to get the mics here in time to do some recording on Thursday. That won't happen now, but as long as it gets here by Saturday or Monday, I won't be too angry.

ETA: They updated my status late tonight. The item left Kansas, then Illinois later on today and is scheduled to be delivered this Thursday. I'm surprised at how apparently fast it's coming now that it's actually been shipped. Snizzle, maybe they updated your status tonight as well?

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices

Last edited by tigerfan88; 08-13-2007 at 10:23 PM.
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #96
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
As soon as that's posted you should know the delivery date, too, so you'll have time to make other arrangements in the off chance it doesn't make it. Although you shouldn't have any problem getting it by the weekend if it's this far along on Monday already.

As for Sweetwater... I've found that they have a better selection of mid to higher end stuff than MF. Certain brands that MF doesn't carry they will. I don't think they deal quite as much with the budget stuff that MF does. Their service, though, is unbeatable. I have a personal sales rep even though I've never bought from them. They'll call from time to time just to make sure I got the catalog and see if there's anything I have any questions about. Occasional emails from them, too, letting me know how to reach them any time. Good folks.
Ditto! I got my Fender VG from them - even saw a picture of the one I got. They do a quasi-setup, but CS is paramount with them. They even let me deal on the price and got $80 off the market price! Bob Mondok, my sales tech was awesome from beginning to even after the delivery.

Check this guy out:
http://www.dougdoppler.com/
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:52 AM   #97
power chord hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan88 View Post
Right after I made the post, MF sent a shipping confirmation. My shipment status says billing information received. I'm assuming it either went out later today or will go out tomorrow. Kinda disappointing that it didn't go out last Friday, because I wanted to get the mics here in time to do some recording on Thursday. That won't happen now, but as long as it gets here by Saturday or Monday, I won't be too angry.

ETA: They updated my status late tonight. The item left Kansas, then Illinois later on today and is scheduled to be delivered this Thursday. I'm surprised at how apparently fast it's coming now that it's actually been shipped. Snizzle, maybe they updated your status tonight as well?
Woohoo!! I figured you just got lucky but as of 9:37pm it was in Kansas and it's scheduled to be delivered Wednesday! It's all good now, UPS will take good care of me! And i'll have it for the gig this weekend! I'll post when it comes in! Finally!!

(The weird thing is that on MF's website under my status it had two seperate things shipping. Dunno if it's a glitch or for some reason i'm getting a second package as well?)
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #98
Oh, piffle.

glad things worked out, Shane! Honestly, I've only purchased from them once, but I liked their service. Those lovely geetars! I got my guitar from them, so that may have prejudiced me.
LefseRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:39 AM   #99
power chord hater

Well, as of 4am it's in transit to Montgomery, AL (which is just over an hour south of me). Still set to be delivered tomorrow. I LOVE tracking packages; it's exciting!
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #100
Constantly growing

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Woohoo!! I figured you just got lucky but as of 9:37pm it was in Kansas and it's scheduled to be delivered Wednesday! It's all good now, UPS will take good care of me! And i'll have it for the gig this weekend! I'll post when it comes in! Finally!!

(The weird thing is that on MF's website under my status it had two seperate things shipping. Dunno if it's a glitch or for some reason i'm getting a second package as well?)
-shane
Your ordering the VS Pony Amp correct? Isn't there a free gift of a J&H that comes with it? That is probably what it is but it's just in a different box.
surferdude9375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #101
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
It's not a free gift from MF, it comes with the amp from VS. Could very well be in a separate box, though. Good point.

Randomly related: I don't ever really have much trouble with UPS when ordering things, but with FedEx there have been numerous times when my shipment would have a scheduled delivery date and then just sit somewhere for a day or more. Eventually it would say "Rescheduled delivery date: XX/XX/07" and really tick me off. Thankfully it's never been anything terribly expensive. Just that our want-it-now society has tainted us all into needing to have something as soon as we pay for it....which is reasonable in a way, but not when it's something ordered online.
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #102
power chord hater

Yea, it should get here tomorrow in time for Thursday's practice.

But I just got a call from a bandmate saying that this weekend's retreat is cancelled. Apparently the Youth Pastor and his wife just had a miscarriage. Keep them in your prayers. They're taking it really tough...as expected.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #103
Baby #2 is here!

Send a message via AIM to RipVanWinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It's not a free gift from MF, it comes with the amp from VS. Could very well be in a separate box, though. Good point.

Randomly related: I don't ever really have much trouble with UPS when ordering things, but with FedEx there have been numerous times when my shipment would have a scheduled delivery date and then just sit somewhere for a day or more. Eventually it would say "Rescheduled delivery date: XX/XX/07" and really tick me off. Thankfully it's never been anything terribly expensive. Just that our want-it-now society has tainted us all into needing to have something as soon as we pay for it....which is reasonable in a way, but not when it's something ordered online.
I had a HORRIBLE experience with UPS last time (with the squier). It was out for delivery last Friday. I waited and waited...UPS usually comes late afternoon. I was home all day, and randomly decided to check the tracking info.

There was a message that said recipient was unavailable to sign for the shipment. Well, I was hacked...I WAS home, and there was no sticker on my door. Well, after calling customer service numerous times, I walk down the hallway to see that the deliver-er tried to take it to apartment F, and I live in D.

So, I call UPS again, and they, in turn, tell me that somebody from the local shipping office would call me. So, they did, and we decided that I would go to the office that night (30 miles away) and I should be there between 7:00 and 8:00 PM.

So, I get there, and nobody knew who I was, and nobody had a record of calling me (someone from THAT office had called me that afternoon), and the package had been sent off to somewhere where they couldn't get it? So I'm pretty hacked off. An hour wasted driving back and fourth, wasting time and gas money. The package WAS supposed to go to Apt. D (I verified the address with Customer Service), so they tell me that it will be delivered on Monday (and didn't apologize).

SO, monday morning, I check the tracking status and the package had not been out for delivery. Again, I called CS who got me in contact with the local office. They told me that the customer had asked to pick it up on monday...I DID NOT, but the package was there, and I could come and get it.

So, I again, make the long drive to get there....at least I could get it earlier in the day than UPS would deliver, right? What the people forgot to tell me was that pick up was only between 4:30 and 8:00 PM, so I wasted another trip, as it was around noon. I finally made a successful trip that evening.

I made numerous calls and emails to the customer service, and barely got an apology from anybody. I was pretty hacked with their CS those few days.

Gibson DC Std/Charvel TX Custom/MIK Fender Strat > Vol Pedal > Dano CC Drive > Dano CC Distortion > Dunlop Cry Baby > Dano CC Tremolo > Boss DD-5 > Korg 301dl/XTLive > Blackstar HT-20; Yamaha FGX730SCA

Check out my new Youth Ministry blog, www.studentswilleatyou.blogspot.com , leave a comment if you're from CGR!

RipVanWinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #104
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
Wow, that sounds like a bad experience! I've used UPS several times with nothing bad to report. They've always been ontime or ahead of schedule with my packages. It's a different story with USPS. They're almost always behind schedule.

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #105
power chord hater

As of 9:40AM it's on the truck. I won't be home till 5 (i live in apartment) so I'll have to pick it up from the apt office tomorrow morning.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com