Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #76

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I got $200 off the sale price. If they didn't have such great freaking deals, this would be a really easy fix. But even with the great deal I still want the service that I pay for, is that too much to ask?
-shane
So...it's all about the money? You don't even care about the seller?

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #77
power chord hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate95366 View Post
Just my opinion, but if you're buying a blem amp with a posted shipping disclaimer at a fairly large discount, you've got to roll with the punches. I suppose you can get mad, but all you're doing is stirring up the poop in your own aquarium. If you want to do something constructive about it, write them a letter in a month or two using a serious, reflective tone and see what happens then. Coming out with both guns blazing now doesn't seem to be working, though.

Nate
Good advice. My problem (why I am so anxious) is that I have a retreat next weekend w/ about 150 kids and I ordered this specifically for that purpose, so i'm trying to get on them hard (pester them) so that they'll ship it out sooner because they understand my concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
So...it's all about the money? You don't even care about the seller?

Touche'. I guess it's easy to get mad at a big conglomerate because there's no face attached.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:00 AM   #78

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Good advice. My problem (why I am so anxious) is that I have a retreat next weekend w/ about 150 kids and I ordered this specifically for that purpose, so i'm trying to get on them hard (pester them) so that they'll ship it out sooner because they understand my concerns.

Touche'. I guess it's easy to get mad at a big conglomerate because there's no face attached.
-shane
In all honesty, I'm sure there's a very good reason for the mix up and they're not just out to screw you. The problem is that with a company as big as I suspect MF is, who knows where the mix up is happening...all the CS guy is probably going to see is a note on his screen that something is wrong.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #79
power chord hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
In all honesty, I'm sure there's a very good reason for the mix up and they're not just out to screw you. The problem is that with a company as big as I suspect MF is, who knows where the mix up is happening...all the CS guy is probably going to see is a note on his screen that something is wrong.
I know they aren't out to screw me. I'm just trying to get the problem fixed, and make them aware that there is a problem. I don't want to get swept aside and forgotten about...so I bug them a few times a day.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #80
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
I know they aren't out to screw me. I'm just trying to get the problem fixed, and make them aware that there is a problem. I don't want to get swept aside and forgotten about...so I bug them a few times a day.
-shane
Do you not have a back-up amp or one you can borrow if *worst case* this thing doesn't show or you cancel the order?

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #81
power chord hater

I haven't sold my amp yet (thank God) but it's really not capable of handling this kind of show. It'll do the job, but not well.
-shane

Just got another e-mail from the guy. I asked if I could speak with a warehouse or shipping manager and was told there was no way that could happen but he could e-mail them for me.

I told him to just e-mail the whole conversation (e-mails) to the warehouse manager with a short note at the top detailing the problem(s). We'll see if that happens. My current idea is to contact them 5-10 times a day. Eventually they'll get sick of hearing me and ship.

mod merged at 2:18PM
Yet another e-mail. He forwarded our conversation to the warehouse manager. I eagerly await a response. Hopefully it'll ship today or tomorrow!

*Edit* He's getting quick with responses. He said the warehouse manager will take a few days to get back to him.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com

Last edited by thesteve; 08-09-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Unread 08-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #82
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
I'd be careful bothering them 5 to 10 times a day. That's borderline harassment. Yes they have your money and all, but it's the BBB you go to eventually, not harassing them. In all honesty, if I were getting that many emails from you a day regarding the same thing I'd be perfectly content to cancel your order and refund your money to get rid of you. That's not the kind of customer they want to keep if you look at it from another's perspective.

On another note... Alas, my 73 pound box of mic cables was not your amp. It was just that...mic cables. Some ditz at MF labeled the package 73 pounds, and I guess UPS just accepts whatever weight MF says it is and goes with it. Called them this morning to let them know all that was in the box was what was supposed to be. It was more of a hassle to try and let them know they probably got ripped off by UPS than if I would've just let them get screwed over on shipping.
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #83
power chord hater

Still no amp.

Yea, i've stuck to about an e-mail a day (unless a question warrants a response). Tomorrow I'm going to go as high up in the company as I can until I talk to someone that can actually DO something. I'm still waiting to hear from the warehouse manager. I'm confident that if I actually talked to someone (not a Customer Service person) it would be a quite easy fix. Even with as big of a company as MF, surely they can manage to ship 1 box if asked.

mod edit 2:42PM
Can we change the title of this thread to MF Rocks my freaking face off?

I called and talked to Ian, a supervisor. Finally, someone that knows something and can actually tell me what is going on with my order! Apparently two things were going on:

1) It was caught up in the regular hassle of moving warehouses.
2) They were sold out!!!

Before I could even express my distaste at the fact that they have been sold out this whole time and never told me he told me that he was going to do a few things:

1) Cancel my order
2) Place a NEW order for a BRAND NEW NON-BLEM AMP
3) Charge me the blem price!
4) Personally oversee my order to make sure it goes out by Monday

So, I'll get a brand new amp for the price of a dented one and he didn't want to guarantee it but he said there's a really good chance I could have it for this weekend! I've got his name and extension and he will be personally working to make sure this gets handled promptly.

How freaking awesome is that? (Granted, it could all be a line of BS but i'm trying to keep optomistic!)

Even if I don't have it by this weekend I am satisfied (read:thrilled) that MF has actually DONE something. A brand new amp for a blem price and a personal rush job on the shipping. Kudos MF. Kudos.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com

Last edited by thesteve; 08-09-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #84
Pearl plays her guitar

Shane,

Cool deal. Sometimes God works things out the way He wants them to work out. We usually get in His way and try to trip Him up!

Check this guy out:
http://www.dougdoppler.com/
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #85

how long have you been waiting? ive waited 6 months for my guitar once man.
Unread 08-13-2007, 07:54 AM   #86
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Still no amp.

Yea, i've stuck to about an e-mail a day (unless a question warrants a response). Tomorrow I'm going to go as high up in the company as I can until I talk to someone that can actually DO something. I'm still waiting to hear from the warehouse manager. I'm confident that if I actually talked to someone (not a Customer Service person) it would be a quite easy fix. Even with as big of a company as MF, surely they can manage to ship 1 box if asked.

mod edit 2:42PM
Can we change the title of this thread to MF Rocks my freaking face off?

I called and talked to Ian, a supervisor. Finally, someone that knows something and can actually tell me what is going on with my order! Apparently two things were going on:

1) It was caught up in the regular hassle of moving warehouses.
2) They were sold out!!!

Before I could even express my distaste at the fact that they have been sold out this whole time and never told me he told me that he was going to do a few things:

1) Cancel my order
2) Place a NEW order for a BRAND NEW NON-BLEM AMP
3) Charge me the blem price!
4) Personally oversee my order to make sure it goes out by Monday

So, I'll get a brand new amp for the price of a dented one and he didn't want to guarantee it but he said there's a really good chance I could have it for this weekend! I've got his name and extension and he will be personally working to make sure this gets handled promptly.

How freaking awesome is that? (Granted, it could all be a line of BS but i'm trying to keep optomistic!)

Even if I don't have it by this weekend I am satisfied (read:thrilled) that MF has actually DONE something. A brand new amp for a blem price and a personal rush job on the shipping. Kudos MF. Kudos.
-shane
Makes waiting a bit longer seem trivial, 'eh?

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #87
power chord hater

Yep, looks like it's all working out. I've been tracking it through UPS and since Friday the status has been: "billing information received". Hopefully it will actually get sent today!

As a side note: Through my frustrations here I wound up checking out Sweetwater and they look like an amazing company. Not quite the selection as MF (they don't carry Visual Sound!) but seems like a really solid company. A lot of people here seem to love them! I'll probably try to go through them in the future.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #88

Ahh, a online ordering story with a happy ending.
Consider yourself lucky.
Consider yourself very lucky.

I personally am not buying from MF just because of the whole warehouse moving thing. Maybe if they gave some sort of discount to reimburse all those waiting customers...
CDBongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #89
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
They told me when I placed my order that it'd be shipped by August 12. It's the 13th and there's still no sign that it's been shipped. I think I'll email them today and see when they think they'll ship it. It's a MXL 990/991 and Audio Buddy package, a XLR cable and MF tuner. They should have shipped it by now, even with the warehouse moving deal.

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #90
power chord hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan88 View Post
They told me when I placed my order that it'd be shipped by August 12. It's the 13th and there's still no sign that it's been shipped. I think I'll email them today and see when they think they'll ship it. It's a MXL 990/991 and Audio Buddy package, a XLR cable and MF tuner. They should have shipped it by now, even with the warehouse moving deal.
Call and ask to talk to a supervisor. The Customer Service Representative will try to handle it themselves but DEMAND a supervisor. No one else knows anything at all. If you get a bad supervisor, call bad and ask again. There's like 400 Customer Service people. Good luck! (I'm still waiting on mine to physically ship...I'll feel MUCH better after that happens!)
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com