Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #61
power chord hater

I just contacted MF again and asked for an update on my order (since the ship date was a few days ago). I asked the guy who I'd need to speak to to get an acurate assesment of my order status.
-shane

They said it should ship in the next few days.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #62
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
I ordered a 10 pack of 20 foot mic cables from them last Wednesday night. I got shipping information last night (Monday). When I tracked my package, UPS tells me that they've sent me a package that weighs 72.5 pounds. I'm no rocket scientist, but a 20 foot mic cable probably weighs a shade over a pound. Sure enough, MF's order info page says that my shipment will weigh 11 pounds. Yet somehow another 71 pounds made it into the box. So I'm curious as to what will be delivered to my door tomorrow evening.

Even better...since Snizzle is in Alabama and my package comes by way of Georgia. What if...just what if...what is in my box happens to be Shane's amp? Wouldn't that be a kick... I bet I could get it to you faster than they would, too, if it were in the box. Highly unlikely, but still.
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #63
power chord hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I ordered a 10 pack of 20 foot mic cables from them last Wednesday night. I got shipping information last night (Monday). When I tracked my package, UPS tells me that they've sent me a package that weighs 72.5 pounds. I'm no rocket scientist, but a 20 foot mic cable probably weighs a shade over a pound. Sure enough, MF's order info page says that my shipment will weigh 11 pounds. Yet somehow another 71 pounds made it into the box. So I'm curious as to what will be delivered to my door tomorrow evening.

Even better...since Snizzle is in Alabama and my package comes by way of Georgia. What if...just what if...what is in my box happens to be Shane's amp? Wouldn't that be a kick... I bet I could get it to you faster than they would, too, if it were in the box. Highly unlikely, but still.
So you ordered and had your order shipped in less than 5 days? Thank you for the icing on the cake Brent. My amp still has not shipped.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #64
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
So you ordered and had your order shipped in less than 5 days? Thank you for the icing on the cake Brent. My amp still has not shipped.
-shane
That you know of...

But yes, it was shipped that quick. It was also just cables, which don't really involve the care in packing and shipping. Then again, apparently it was MORE than cables, we'll just have to see what it was.
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #65
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
-shane
His you will notice is also generic. Any cable from a bin of a certain brand and length would work. I doubt they have 50 blem visual sound amps on hand.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #66
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
I ordered some stuff from MF on August 4. It's still being packed. Although I think it said when I ordered that it probably wouldn't be shipped until August 12. I'm hoping it doesn't take longer than that to be shipped.

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #67
Grit 'n Grind

Musiciansfriend has now stopped the stupid deal of the day!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #68

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCarrfan View Post
Musiciansfriend has now stopped the stupid deal of the day!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid
yeah I saw that...I hope it comes back soon.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:18 AM   #69
power chord hater

I just called customer service and they were even less helpful than the
e-mail customer service agents. Basically, they apologize for the delay and say it will be shipped as soon as possible w/out giving me any kind of date. I am so freaking frustrated with this!
-shane

They just don't freaking care about the customer. It's all about money. I don't know who else to talk to at MF or where to go but I am furious right now.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com

Last edited by thesteve; 08-08-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #70
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
They just don't freaking care about the customer. It's all about money. I don't know who else to talk to at MF or where to go but I am furious right now.
-shane
You're one person experiencing one problem and yet you're drawing potentially false conclusions and you're furious.

Interesting.

Have you ever been on a missions trip to a severely depressed country to serve people who would give everything they have to simply have food, shelter, and running water let alone a computer and the ability to buy musical equipment at the click of a mouse?

Get a grip and get some perspective.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #71
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
Hey, I don't blame Shane for being angry about this. MF promised several times that they'd ship on a specific date and they did not. That's poor customer service and definitely something worth being furious about.

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #72

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
I just called customer service and they were even less helpful than the
e-mail customer service agents. Basically, they apologize for the delay and say it will be shipped as soon as possible w/out giving me any kind of date. I am so freaking frustrated with this!

-shane
Cancel your order?

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #73
power chord hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave View Post
You're one person experiencing one problem and yet you're drawing potentially false conclusions and you're furious.

Interesting.

Have you ever been on a missions trip to a severely depressed country to serve people who would give everything they have to simply have food, shelter, and running water let alone a computer and the ability to buy musical equipment at the click of a mouse?

Get a grip and get some perspective.
Man, you can say that about ANYTHING. Did you stub your toe on your bed this morning and get angry? It'd be nice if people in Africa had a bed.

I'm drawing a conclusion about myself from the service and discussions I've had recently. I paid for a service and I'd like to get what I paid for; there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Cancel your order?
I got $200 off the sale price. If they didn't have such great freaking deals, this would be a really easy fix. But even with the great deal I still want the service that I pay for, is that too much to ask?
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #74
Good Grief!!!

Just my opinion, but if you're buying a blem amp with a posted shipping disclaimer at a fairly large discount, you've got to roll with the punches. I suppose you can get mad, but all you're doing is stirring up the poop in your own aquarium. If you want to do something constructive about it, write them a letter in a month or two using a serious, reflective tone and see what happens then. Coming out with both guns blazing now doesn't seem to be working, though.

Nate
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:46 AM   #75
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
Man, you can say that about ANYTHING. Did you stub your toe on your bed this morning and get angry? It'd be nice if people in Africa had a bed.

I'm drawing a conclusion about myself from the service and discussions I've had recently. I paid for a service and I'd like to get what I paid for; there is nothing wrong with that.
-shane
Have a great day. I hope you get everything that you want.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote