Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #46
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
It's somewhat related, but does anyone know if MF accepts eChecks? The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to make an order for some stuff through MF, but I currently don't have a dime in my PayPal account, so it'd have to come from my bank. If they do accept eChecks, does it delay the order at all? Like, it says orders placed today are shipped on or around Aug 12. Would using an eCheck make this later?

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #47
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to mr_strat Send a message via MSN to mr_strat Send a message via Yahoo to mr_strat
Those electronic drums look like something that sucks. Fortunately, we won't have them in our church. Our drummer is hardcore against them. And I've played them, and they sound fake. I didn't like the feel of them either. Maybe I'm prejudiced by our drummer's mid 70s gold metalflake Pearls - or his mid 60s mother-of-pearl Ludwigs. Ain't nothin' like analog.

Last edited by mr_strat; 08-03-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: too fast fingers
mr_strat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #48

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_strat View Post
Those electronic drums look like something that sucks. Fortunately, we won't have them in our church. Our drummer is hardcore against them. And I've played them, and they sound fake. I didn't like the feel of them either. Maybe I'm prejudiced by our drummer's mid 70s gold metalflake Pearls - or his mid 60s mother-of-pearl Ludwigs. Ain't nothin' like analog.
well not everyone has the sound capacity for acoustic drums. that's just the reality of things. I'd love to have my drummer bring in his brand new Gretsch kit while my electric guitarist dimes his Peavey Classic 50 and I get a big, bright spanky clean from my Acoustic 150...unfortunately we're not rockstars, we're church musicians, and we work with what conditions we're given.

FWIW, those electric drums look like the digital equivalent to a cocktail set or a percussion rig. I bet some more latin influenced bands could get some serious play out of those things...I won't even get into hip-hop...

of course, then I wonder why I'm talking about drums in the guitar forum...

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #49
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I'd love to have my drummer bring in his brand new Gretsch kit while my electric guitarist dimes his Peavey Classic 50 and I get a big, bright spanky clean from my Acoustic 150...unfortunately we're not rockstars, we're church musicians, and we work with what conditions we're given.
If my old church would ever get unstuck from their ways and even consider a band, I guarantee they'd have to have an electric kit. I might even go so far as to say they'd get an electric kit and PUT A DRUM SHIELD AROUND IT. The sound of those rubber pads...so loud...agh!

I have heard electric kits sound pretty good. Never as good as a good acoustic kit, but pretty good nonetheless. The best electric kits I have heard were attached to killer sound systems...which makes no sense because with a killer sound system necessary you would think they could handle an acoustic kit. Oh well. Best pads I've played on are Hart Dynamics mesh heads, hands down. Those even look like a halfway believable acoustic kit.

But every guy knows if she's all looks and no personality it doesn't make for a very exciting date...

How about Musician's Friend?
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #50
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Hm... I haven't had the best experiences with MF, but they're not really worse than many other online retailers. MF seems to have decent customer service, for what it's worth. I imagine they're very busy, though, with all of this stuff going on.

Has your amp gotten there yet, Snizzle?

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #51
Grit 'n Grind

I've only tried to purchase one thing on MF, and it refused my Paypal account for reasons unknown.

I went with Sweetwater, and I'm probably sticking there if possible.
Unread 08-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #52
Be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCarrfan View Post
I went with Sweetwater, and I'm probably sticking there if possible.
I was just about to come in here and say...

One word: Sweetwater (or is that two?)
Unread 08-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #53
Grit 'n Grind

I was really impressed that a 10 ft guitar cable was wrapped in 6 feet of industrial bubble wrap, and that was free shipping. Plus, my sales rep called me to make sure I got it.

I know they're a little more expensive, but the free shipping/customer service evens it out.

(Shane)- too bad that's not an option for you, going with the good deal on the blem.
Unread 08-05-2007, 09:45 PM   #54
Be happy

The only order I've ever placed with them was for a few accessories at under $10 (which shipped free, I might add). I got a call the other day because I was assigned a new customer service representative. He called to introduce himself and give me his extension so I could reach him if I needed anything. THAT'S customer service.
Unread 08-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #55
Do a little dance

Send a message via AIM to mmmthasgood1
I ordered an SG and it came with a broken neck. I sent it back for free and received a new one.
mmmthasgood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #56
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
I've made about 3 orders with MF over the years.
Never had a single problem.

Yes, they are going through 2 changes right now: ownership and warehouse relocation and they're clearly posting the possibilities for shipping errors and delays everywhere I look.
They're also offering some pretty good deals on gear right now, too, so they might have a bit of a triple whammy working against them in moving excessive volume during this time of change.

Exercise a little grace and patience, be thankful for the good deal that you got and I'm sure all will be well.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #57
power chord hater

Still no amp. It's still 'being packed'
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #58
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
Well you can be sure it will be packed really well if it's taking that long to be packed...heh

Actually, I hate status updates at online retailer sites. It doesn't ever actually mean what it says it's doing. It only means that it finished the step before what is listed and that it might actually be doing what it's doin. "Being packed" only means that billing has finished their part of the bargain and it's now the warehouse's turn...
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #59
power chord hater

That's what I was thinking. I'm a little less angry than if it had just been sitting in a box ready to go for over a week.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #60

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well you can be sure it will be packed really well if it's taking that long to be packed...heh

Actually, I hate status updates at online retailer sites. It doesn't ever actually mean what it says it's doing. It only means that it finished the step before what is listed and that it might actually be doing what it's doin. "Being packed" only means that billing has finished their part of the bargain and it's now the warehouse's turn...
indeed...half of the time I see something like "being packed" my package is already in the mail and the site just hasn't updated.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote