Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
If you're going to have this kind of thing happen, just close shop for a week. Completely close the doors, do your move, then open up. They just lost a long-time customer.
They'd lose more money doing this than they will by losing a few "long-time customers".

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #17
power chord hater

Then throw something in with orders. Amp stand, set of strings, MF T-shirt, anything..

Just something that says, "Look, we know this sucks and we're sorry. Here's something that shows that we actually care about you and not just our buisness."
-shane

Anyone had any real hard core experience with their CS? I've been e-mailing, and I live chatted with a guy last night but i'm about to call and put up a fight. Do I have two legs two stand on here or should I just suck it up?
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com

Last edited by thesteve; 08-01-2007 at 09:17 AM.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Then throw something in with orders. Amp stand, set of strings, MF T-shirt, anything..

Just something that says, "Look, we know this sucks and we're sorry. Here's something that shows that we actually care about you and not just our buisness."

Anyone had any real hard core experience with their CS? I've been e-mailing, and I live chatted with a guy last night but i'm about to call and put up a fight. Do I have two legs two stand on here or should I just suck it up?
-shane
I don't know if CS has any control over that. Maybe they do...maybe they won't care. I'm sure if you call them that they'll be more direct about it and you'll get a better resolution.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Exactly. I'm getting it for $200 off the normal price so I can't really go anywhere else.

I appreciate his honesty, but what kind of CS tells you to cancel the order and go somewhere else? Seems like a lot to lose a $700 order. At the least they go throw in an amp stand or something for all the hassle. That wouldn't cost them much at all and i'd be a satisfied (but only slightly agitated) customer.

My problem is that they changed what was the 'notice' on the website. It was supposed to be shipped by the 4th and that's why I bought it. Out of nowhere (and i've never seen this at all) they changed it to the 10th.

If you're going to have this kind of thing happen, just close shop for a week. Completely close the doors, do your move, then open up. They just lost a long-time customer.
-shane
Odd. When I went to order a VJ half stack, they said the 7th.
For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
This negatively affected my tone in ways that I just can't describe.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
So, it's my belief that tone is in the soap.
Thank you and goodnight.
nbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbfan View Post
Odd. When I went to order a VJ half stack, they said the 7th.
the one I saw looks like it changes day to day. It says "we expect most orders placed today to ship August 10th" currently. I'm sure that if you ordered a few days ago it would've said something different.

which makes me wonder about something...how can you complain about it not shipping on August 4th if it's not August 4th yet? If it ends up shipping on time, why should they give you any free stuff shane?

here's the current notice from August 1st, 2007 on the checkout page:
"Due to the relocation of our distribution center, we expect most orders received today to ship by August 10. We are also unable to accept expedited shipping orders presently. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and expect to resume our usual 2-3 day delivery standard soon. We appreciate your patience and your business."

If this is the notice you guys are referencing, I'm willing to bet that it had changed over time. I'm certain that on August 9th it will say something different.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #21
power chord hater

Yea, my notice said August 4th. When I live chatted and asked about that I was told it wouldn't ship till the 10th. This could've just been an ignorant Live Chat Agent. I'm going to call in a bit and see what's up. If it ships by the 4th I don't have a problem, but if the ship date keeps getting pushed back I have majoro problemo.
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
the one I saw looks like it changes day to day. It says "we expect most orders placed today to ship August 10th" currently. I'm sure that if you ordered a few days ago it would've said something different.

which makes me wonder about something...how can you complain about it not shipping on August 4th if it's not August 4th yet? If it ends up shipping on time, why should they give you any free stuff shane?

here's the current notice from August 1st, 2007 on the checkout page:
"Due to the relocation of our distribution center, we expect most orders received today to ship by August 10. We are also unable to accept expedited shipping orders presently. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and expect to resume our usual 2-3 day delivery standard soon. We appreciate your patience and your business."

If this is the notice you guys are referencing, I'm willing to bet that it had changed over time. I'm certain that on August 9th it will say something different.
I'm hoping that by August 9th, this ordeal will be mostly over.
For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
This negatively affected my tone in ways that I just can't describe.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
So, it's my belief that tone is in the soap.
Thank you and goodnight.
nbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:13 AM   #23
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
Have you stopped to think if the notice changes every day to move a day later? That maybe every day's order notice reads a day longer than the previous day's because they're shipping in the order they received the orders? The person you talked to might have been quoting you that day's delay time and not looking up your order specifically, having assumed you ordered it that day.

As far as complaining to them on the phone goes... Suck it up. They're already giving you $200 off for what is probably nothing more than a nick, if it's even anything you'll notice at all. I don't think expecting them to throw something in with it is reasonable at all. I can understand being pissed, but you ordered knowing there would be a delay in shipping. Suck it up, borrow an amp if you need to, or use your old one if you still have it. It won't kill you to do once or twice if it's even necessary at all.
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #24
power chord hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Have you stopped to think if the notice changes every day to move a day later? That maybe every day's order notice reads a day longer than the previous day's because they're shipping in the order they received the orders? The person you talked to might have been quoting you that day's delay time and not looking up your order specifically, having assumed you ordered it that day.

As far as complaining to them on the phone goes... Suck it up. They're already giving you $200 off for what is probably nothing more than a nick, if it's even anything you'll notice at all. I don't think expecting them to throw something in with it is reasonable at all. I can understand being pissed, but you ordered knowing there would be a delay in shipping. Suck it up, borrow an amp if you need to, or use your old one if you still have it. It won't kill you to do once or twice if it's even necessary at all.
I gave the guy the date i ordered and my WEB PO number as well as the invoice number. If he assumed he ordered that day...he was an idiot. (which is possible)

As far as the phone call.. as stated, I don't have a problem if it ships by Aug 4th as originally quoted. I should just 'suck it up' if it doesn't ship till the
10th? 20th? Where does it stop?
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #25
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

I've never had a problem with them over the years. BUT...
That company was sold not long ago. See here.
I don't like the new website at all. I haven't purchased anything from them since the sell. I don't know if I ever will again actually.
Also, guess who owns Music123.com? Yep, the same company. Music123 is the king of warehouse moving and delayed shipping. They also own WWBW.com.

Elderly Instruments has the best service of the really big online retailers by far.
gg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #26
power chord hater

Well crap. I threatened to take my buisness to music123, haha. Guess that won't work out.

Yea, i don't dig the new site but I didn't realize they had sold the company. This is pretty lame overall. I hope no one else has these problems..
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #27
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Exactly. I'm getting it for $200 off the normal price so I can't really go anywhere else.

I appreciate his honesty, but what kind of CS tells you to cancel the order and go somewhere else? Seems like a lot to lose a $700 order. At the least they go throw in an amp stand or something for all the hassle. That wouldn't cost them much at all and i'd be a satisfied (but only slightly agitated) customer.

My problem is that they changed what was the 'notice' on the website. It was supposed to be shipped by the 4th and that's why I bought it. Out of nowhere (and i've never seen this at all) they changed it to the 10th.

-shane
Basically he told you what they could do. If you NEED that amp by a particular time, no ampstand or free crap will do a thing to fix the fact that, you can't play an ampstand at a gig.

I know you are frustrated, but if you truly needed the amp before a certain date, he would be doing you a tremendous favor by letting you know the real status and allowing you to cancel.

But what were his options?
1) Lie and tell you it would ship, and BS you till the 10th.
2)Tell you the truth at the possible expense of your business.

Honestly, you seem so pissed that someone didn't lie to you.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #28
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
Quote:
As far as the phone call.. as stated, I don't have a problem if it ships by Aug 4th as originally quoted. I should just 'suck it up' if it doesn't ship till the 10th? 20th? Where does it stop?
-shane
Well you wanted to know if you should just suck it up... Don't get upset that someone answered your question.

Re gg7's comments: Concerning to me is the fact that they also own Harmony Central now. Seeing as that's pretty much *the* source people go to for fairly honest reviews on instruments, that doesn't sit so well with me when the ones controlling the site are also the ones who stand to benefit most from positive reviews.
You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #29
power chord hater

My issue is if they don't send it by Aug 4th as stated when I ordered it. I've talked to people but haven't gotten a straight answer as far as ship date.

Where having free stuff (or a discount) won't help me have an amp if they can't ship it in time it will make me feel a lot better about not having the amp. If I don't have the amp in 3 weeks and it costs me exactly the same as it would have had I gotten it a few days after I ordered it, that's a problem to me.

At least I could justify it to myself if I didn't have the amp for the show saying '"Well, it's not here but I got a really good discount, or they threw in some cool stuff that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. It'll be worth the wait"
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 08-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #30
Pearl plays her guitar

I don't think you can do anything now but "suck it up". You got a better deal than I did on the amp, so that oughta count for something. Here's what I would do (though reluctantly), plan to play your current amp for your show. If they do ship it early enough and you get it in time, consider yourself fortunate. Concentrate on the show itself, which is more important than the amp at this time. The enemy wants your focus off of what is important so he can mess with you.

Check this guy out:
http://www.dougdoppler.com/
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote