Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #16
Firefox enlightened

I have to agree, really. Thrill Seeker's vocalist said things in a more chaotic manner.

And he could go looooowwwww better than Jake. Ask the breakdown in Suburbia.

That said, according to my mp3 player, the 3 most listened to songs on the device are..."Eleventh Hour, Back Burner, Vital Signs".

Mr. claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #17

paid
I think Black Sheep, and Redemption are my most favorite from it so far.
And my itunes says Liar (Taking Back Sunday), Broadcasting..(Comeback Kid) and Wake The Dead (Comeback Kid) are my most played.
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #18
Support Southern Rock

I still have them playing live in my mind. Its so cool. These guys are amazingly talented and I keep listening to Messengers.
Unread 10-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #19
Baritone ax'er

this band is pretty cool, possibly my favorite metalcore band. ive got both CD's on my iPod, and i definetly like the new vocalist better. the drums are a little less chaotic, but i think that they are musically a little more "mature"( dont know how else to put it). i love "Truth of a Liar" "The Blinding Light" and "Redemption". great band and CD

All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, Bullet For My Valentine,Europe (The Final Countdown ), DecembeRadio, Decyfer Down, Demon Hunter, Disciple, Flyleaf, Inhale Exhale, Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, Pillar, Red, Skillet.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack electric; Fender StarCaster electric, JBP acoustic
Amps: Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt, Fender SP10
Accesories: Line 6 FBV Express pedal

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music

My Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack

Rock 'n Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #20
Keep cool my babies

Send a message via AIM to conceived in fire
In reality this band is mediocre metalcore, but according to various things I read nearly every metalcore band I've heard of is mediocre.

Anyways, this is one of three metalcore bands with no singing I really enjoy.

I guess my favorites are "Truth of a Liar", "The Blinding Light", "Composure" and "The Eleventh Hour".

conceived in fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 11:09 PM   #21
woot

Send a message via MSN to emery
yeah man composures one of the best songs on the album
emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #22
Support Southern Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceived in fire View Post
In reality this band is mediocre metalcore, but according to various things I read nearly every metalcore band I've heard of is mediocre.

Anyways, this is one of three metalcore bands with no singing I really enjoy.

I guess my favorites are "Truth of a Liar", "The Blinding Light", "Composure" and "The Eleventh Hour".
Who are the other two? Cause we all know there are only like 2 or 3 Christians bands without singing.
Unread 11-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #23
Firefox enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceived in fire View Post
What exactly do you mean?
Unread 11-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #24
Keep cool my babies

Send a message via AIM to conceived in fire
Well according to what you read, artists at the top of the metalcore genre (KSE, All That Remains, Unearth) are mediocre like all the others.
But it seems like people will and in all honesty could say that about every band in the genre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean777 View Post
Who are the other two? Cause we all know there are only like 2 or 3 Christians bands without singing.
Living Sacrifice and Unearth (the latter not being Christian).

Last edited by conceived in fire; 11-02-2007 at 12:59 PM.
conceived in fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #25
Just said something

Send a message via MSN to ice_wiz

I give this album a 4. It was so repetive and the drumming wasn't even that great. The china symbol was used in every breakdown giving every breakdown the same feel. The vox are better, but I just don't like them as much... Thirll Seeker is much better in my opinion.
Unread 01-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #26
Firefox enlightened

I gurantee you that if you listen to it 5 more times you'll change your mind about the drumming. It's just more subtle this time.

He did use the china too much, though. But I think the absurdly loud rhythem guitar was largely responsible for the breakdown problem.

On its own, any song on the cd is amazing, but string them together....and they may as well be a 48 minute long encore.

Last edited by Mr. claw; 01-17-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Unread 01-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #27
Seeks Thrills

Judging by my everything, Im sure you can all tell that ABR is my favorite band. The guitar work on this CD is absolutely crazy. It doesnt have that "shredtacular" feeling, but they are really technical, they are both among the best in metal. Period. Also the drumming is quite unreal.

With that said, Thrill Seeker is the CD that's more memorable and contains more emotion. The slowdown in Too Late For Roses is beautiful. That's where Messengers is lacking. The breakdowns are not revolutionary by any means, but still enjoyable. They used too much palm muting, thats a definite.

But something that nobody has pointed out yet is the lyrics. On this CD the lyrics are an amazing collaborative effort by all the members. "Wave goodbye to the past, you have got your whole life to lead". Thrill Seeker lyrics...not very good. "You're a little girl with a stupid crush". Almost humorous.

And what ill leave my review with is this, i have listened to this CD through about 50 times. Pathetic, I know. But oh well. It isn't nearly as repetitive as it seemed initially.

-Patton
Thrill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #28

paid
I don't think the lyrics for TS are poor at all, I actually like them better.
And I like your point about TS being more memorable, and that the breakdowns are better and more original. I think that is a point I was trying to say.
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #29
Firefox enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill Seeker View Post
Thrill Seeker lyrics...not very good. "You're a little girl with a stupid crush". Almost humorous.
Well, the line is actually "You're like a little girl". But that was a pretty bad one to pick. I really liked the TS lyrics....and The Seventh Trumpet is like, straight out of the bible. Good ole' apocalyptic song. Lyrics aren't from Revelation, though. It may have been Job...but don't quote me on it. Not sure why that'd be in Job, but I think that's where I saw it.
Unread 01-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #30
Seeks Thrills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. claw View Post
Well, the line is actually "You're like a little girl". But that was a pretty bad one to pick. I really liked the TS lyrics....and The Seventh Trumpet is like, straight out of the bible. Good ole' apocalyptic song. Lyrics aren't from Revelation, though. It may have been Job...but don't quote me on it. Not sure why that'd be in Job, but I think that's where I saw it.
You are most likely right, but the lyrics in Messengers are collaborative and it's pretty awesome. Redemption lyrics are powerful too. 7th trumpet lyrics are amazing i wont deny that, but i just prefer Messengers. Yeah....

-Patton
Thrill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote